Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

So Hobgoblins will be only part of Chaos Dwarfs and DoW .

Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157 Registered Users Posts: 6,506
edited July 1 in General Discussion
It’s the only sensible and reasonable way to include them in game.

@AxiosXiphos has some clearer ideas than me. But this seems to be the best and only way to make them work.

They don’t need their own race of MORE wolf riders. Just a drycha type and as mercy’s.
Post edited by dge1 on

Comments

• Lunaticprince#9972Lunaticprince#9972 Registered Users Posts: 6,734
    They should be their own race, because Mongols are cool

• SneedGamingSneedGaming Registered Users Posts: 326
    This is the first time that I have ever agreed with you
  • Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157 Registered Users Posts: 6,506

No and no.
  • Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157 Registered Users Posts: 6,506

This is the first time that I have ever agreed with you

Be prepared to be gather some dislikes from the troll gatekeepers.
  • Djau#5149Djau#5149 Registered Users Posts: 12,059
    Hobgoblins as part of Chaos Dwarves won't really be much. Drycha isn't even that great of an example since you should still be taking a lot of Elves in her army...but at least they gel better with the Forest Spirit army.

If your making a Skirmishing army for Hobgoblins, Chaos Dwarf units don't fit well at all; they would slow you down.

Plus, that means less actual Chaos Dwarf units. So its a lose/lose scenario. Plus, we'd lose our only chance at a proper Skirmisher army (like Royal Scythia, the Mongols, Parthia, etc)

Djau said:

Hobgoblins as part of Chaos Dwarves won't really be much. Drycha isn't even that great of an example since you should still be taking a lot of Elves in her army...but at least they gel better with the Forest Spirit army.

If your making a Skirmishing army for Hobgoblins, Chaos Dwarf units don't fit well at all; they would slow you down.

Plus, that means less actual Chaos Dwarf units. So its a lose/lose scenario. Plus, we'd lose our only chance at a proper Skirmisher army (like Royal Scythia, the Mongols, Parthia, etc)

Yay we get to skip a wolf rider skirmish army!
    Even the ones with bows!

The best way to have Mongols in WH would be a faction of Norsca or WoC based on one of the many nomadic northern tribes with access to some unique cavalry and a restricted version of the base roster. We don't need an entire race of goblin wolf riders in order to have a Mongol-style faction in WH3.
    Djau said:

You can do this with Greenskins already.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 7,547
    Terrible idea, but I spose that is the trend here.

Half ass way of doing it. Community clearly disagrees. Yadda yadda.
  • davedave1124#4773davedave1124#4773 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 20,883
    What’s with the use of the word ‘need’ in a video game? Nothing is needed beyond the base game.

If CA want to add them then they’ll get added, no matter whether they see a few irrational threads or not.

Can we give the trolling a rest for a while?

The best way to have Mongols in WH would be a faction of Norsca or WoC based on one of the many nomadic northern tribes with access to some unique cavalry and a restricted version of the base roster. We don't need an entire race of goblin wolf riders in order to have a Mongol-style faction in WH3.
    I mean why we do norsca but with horse.

When we could get gobbos riding on Monstrous big wolves, shaman magic and gunpowder weapons ?

• ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,189
    Obvious baiting troll post is obvious baiting troll post.
  • Neodeinos#5871Neodeinos#5871 Registered Users Posts: 15,580

Djau said:

You can do this with Greenskins already.
    What LL focuses around skirmisher cavalry in the Greenskin roster? They have three Skirmisher cavalry; thats all. The vast vast majority of their tech is based on their infantry and monsters.

That's nothing how Norsca works.

When we could get gobbos riding on Monstrous big wolves, shaman magic and gunpowder weapons ?

Why would anyone want an entire RACE of goblin wolf riders? Nobody expects Fimir or Gnoblars to become entirely new separate races, so why do they expect chaos dwarf slaves to become an entirely new separate race? It just doesn't make any sense. I have no idea why people have latched on to this idea of hobgoblins having even a remote chance of being a race pack. They have no place outside of being fodder for chaos dwarfs or mercenaries.

Why would anyone want an entire RACE of goblin wolf riders? Nobody expects Fimir or Gnoblars to become entirely new separate races, so why do they expect chaos dwarf slaves to become an entirely new separate race? It just doesn't make any sense. I have no idea why people have latched on to this idea of hobgoblins having even a remote chance of being a race pack. They have no place outside of being fodder for chaos dwarfs or mercenaries.
    Because the Hobgoblins have an Empire and its still acknowledged on the map of the Old World.

• Neodeinos#5871Neodeinos#5871 Registered Users Posts: 15,580

Hobgoblins have a really large Empire. They've been mentionned several times by GW in their Old World articles and Andy Hall has said that they are a possibility.

Now obviously if they come they would receive a large lore update and lots of new units to make them more than just "wolf riders everywhere", a mongol race but Fantasy definitely has a lot of potential.
    Djau said:

Because the Hobgoblins have an Empire and its still acknowledged on the map of the Old World.
    So? A bunch of goblin wolf riders led by a goblin big boss is an NPC faction at best. The kind of faction that would exist in the old TW titles, never intended to be playable, that only had a handful of units in its roster and had to be unlocked by editing an INI file somewhere. Nowhere close to significant enough to be an entirely distinct race from the greenskins. Probably not even enough content to be an FLC lord for the greenskins or chaos dwarfs.
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,416

@AxiosXiphos has some clearer ideas than me. But this seems to be the best and only way to make them work.

They don’t need their own race of MORE wolf riders. Just a drycha type and as mercy’s.

Don't drag me into your bulls**t Fingolfin... I'm not a fan of you...
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 6,075

Gnoblar Hordes would be a hilarious race pack though. All shall fall before the unwashed masses of murder muppets.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    Me when I see a LL character implemented as a LH.

Warhammer Deserves Naval Battles

Djau said:

That's nothing how Norsca works.
    That's nothing how the English language works.
  • PassthechipsPassthechips Registered Users Posts: 1,069
    This sure is a thread predicated on a balanced take to foster good discussion 🙄

The hobgoblin slaves are not the Hobgoblin Khanate and would not at all thematically represent a Mongolian horde faction as people envision the Khanate. They would have none of the tailored race mechanics, or occupy the terrain they are known to own.

The suggestion for Hobgoblins to be a faction of the Chaos Dwarfs is not what the fans of the Khanate want, nor is it what the vast majority of the Chaos Dwarf fans want. It’s a worst of both worlds option.

If they can make something like the Vampire Coast they can certainly make the Hobgoblin Khanate.
  • davedave1124#4773davedave1124#4773 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 20,883
    Yes, because if CA create the Hobgobs they’ll just create wolf riders.

I remember when the trolls had at least a bit of originality/intelligence.
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 6,075
    edited June 30

Throgg is a deeply sympathetic character for this reasgion.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    Me when I see a LL character implemented as a LH.

Warhammer Deserves Naval Battles

• DarthEnderX-#6513DarthEnderX-#6513 Registered Users Posts: 4,339
    It would be more interesting to see them fully fleshed out into their own race.

But if that's not possible, then having a Hobgoblin LL in the CDs or DoW with their own Hobgoblin faction is the next best thing you could hope for.
    "Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
    Wyvax said:

Throgg is a deeply sympathetic character for this reasgion.
    I never would insult throgg he is sympathetic fella

But if that's not possible, then having a Hobgoblin LL in the CDs or DoW with their own Hobgoblin faction is the next best thing you could hope for.

Delusional hobgoblin fans attack the idea of a Khan being included as a part of chaos dwarfs because they, for some reason, assert that this would mean he would be allowed to recruit actual chaos dwarf units. I don't see why it isn't possible to make a faction that can only recruit the hobgoblin slaves from the chaos dwarfs DLC along with some reskinned greenskins units. It doesn't even have to be within the actual chaos dwarfs race, it could just be an access FLC for greenskins included with the chaos dwarfs DLC. Although this is more the scope of a mod than an official faction. There are more important LLs to be included in both DoW and CDs, but I guess if the demand really is that strong, then they could easily be made into a greenskins faction with some model reuse and kitbashing. What would even be included in an entire race pack dedicated to a lore footnote? The only chance of that happening is dependent upon the crackpot theory that GW is secretly developing a new khanate armybook for TOW.
  • HeresyHoundHeresyHound Registered Users Posts: 8,285
    @dge1 is this not pretty clear they are just baiting which is against the forum rules?

They saw the dumpster fire the other thread turned into and are deliberately trying to start it again. That’s why they called @AxiosXiphos into this, who by the way wanted the previous argument to end in a peaceful way.

Why is this one user allowed to do virtually nothing but post obvious bait nonstop? All their “opinions” are just whatever the majority of the community doesn’t like.

I would just report it but I don’t think that does anything anymore.

Delusional hobgoblin fans attack the idea of a Khan being included as a part of chaos dwarfs because they, for some reason, assert that this would mean he would be allowed to recruit actual chaos dwarf units. I don't see why it isn't possible to make a faction that can only recruit the hobgoblin slaves from the chaos dwarfs DLC along with some reskinned greenskins units. It doesn't even have to be within the actual chaos dwarfs race, it could just be an access FLC for greenskins included with the chaos dwarfs DLC. Although this is more the scope of a mod than an official faction. There are more important LLs to be included in both DoW and CDs, but I guess if the demand really is that strong, then they could easily be made into a greenskins faction with some model reuse and kitbashing. What would even be included in an entire race pack dedicated to a lore footnote? The only chance of that happening is dependent upon the crackpot theory that GW is secretly developing a new khanate armybook for TOW.
    Because Literally greenskins hate them why any orc unit should be with the khanate?

Yes is more of a lore issue but still make no sense in this regard especially then I ask!why we waste then any ressource give them a major representation as legendary lord when people anyway are the opinion they not important enough being represent?

Also now to "what can be included to a race that is a footnote"

See Cathay who have even less then the Hobgoblins and still they got a whole army book.

Did they important lore just lay around under gw office or what ?

This discussion has been closed.