Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Cathay needs a champion in next DLC (already have Sigvald)

Ekix#9944Ekix#9944 Registered Users Posts: 1,992
edited July 2 in The Graveyard
It's an injustice Cathay lacks 1 LL for a whole year, they are a core race. What Cathay Champion would you like?

Thre Cathayan Lord ideas rescued from reddit:

Yin-Yin, The Sea Dragon- Since her provinces are bordered by the sea it seems most likely she will be in a lord pack pitted against a Dark Elf lord as per what little lore we have of what attacks her lands. A less likely but still possible pick is her being pitted against a lord from Nippon. As for her starting minor enemy the eastern city of Bei Chai has rumors of Tzeentch cults so maybe the province with that city in it could be taken over by the minor Tzeentch faction The Cult of The Painted Skin. Her campaign mechanics will most likely be based on sea trade, maybe even having a sea bound version of the Ivory Road mechanic, and have to defend it from Dark Elf pirates instead of Ogre Mercenaries. As for her lord effects she will probably buff her troops when fighting at sea and since she has tried naval invasions of the lands south of Cathay before she could have a shipbuilding mechanic like the Vampire Coast

The Monkey King and Li Dao, The Fire Dragon-
Since these two live so close together, and according to the lore we've gotten they work together against Kuresh and Ind sometimes I think they will be added to the game at the same time. I think the Monkey King will be part of a lord pack and Li Dao will be added as the FLC lord for the pack. I think this way because it makes sense for the Monkey King to be the lord of the pack that adds Monkey Warriors to Cathay's roster. If CA does lord packs for new DLC races, then being pitted against a lord from Kuresh or Ind (I'm sure at least one of them will be added to the game) seems the most likely. I'm leaning towards Ind because the Monkey King lives in the mountains that boarder Ind and Cathay. The Monkey King will likely be the Arkhan of Cathay and start with a diplomatic penalty with all other Cathay factions, but also have a defensive alliance with Li Dao to represent that as much as Li Dao hates The Monkey King he still needs him. He might also have a diplomatic buff with Clan Eshin in the Immortal Empires map since Clan Eshin helped him take over Cathay for a little while. For starting enemies, I feel a rival Monkey lord for the Monkey King is likely, and Li Dao might have to face an aggressive minor Kuresh faction on the boarder. For The Monkey King's campaign mechanics I feel a more refined version of Markus Wulfhart's mechanic could work. The Monkey King could get buffs to growth and income the more of Cathay he owns, but the more of Cathay he takes the more angry the Dragon King gets and starts sending stronger and stronger armies to help his children fend off the invasion. Obviously for his lord effects he would buff monkey warriors, and maybe have a boost to raiding since he's tried to take over Cathay before. As for Li Dao his faction would get defensive bonuses while being attacked and besieged since he has to protect the southern boarder just like Miao protects the north. As for his lord effects, I feel as the fire dragon he would probably buff the artillery and gun units in his army. Maybe he'd also be able to give his melee troops all fire attacks to give him something unique

Yuan Bo, The Jade Dragon- Yuan is probably the safest of the Dragons as anyone who would want to attack him would have to fight through the territory of one of his siblings first. Since the Celestial City above Wei Jin is home to the Jade Court I'd assume that his lord pack would add the Celestial Dragon Monks to Cathay's roster. Given that it was revealed that a Jade Vampire line was started in Cathay it seems only fitting that the Jade Dragon face off against it, so I believe that a Vampire Count lord will be Yuan's adversary in his lord pack. For his starting enemy, since it would be difficult for any other race to get at him I believe a Skaven incursion makes sense, since they could just tunnel under the outer provinces and take over a central province quickly, especially since Yuan is obsessed with protocol and would likely be slow to react. For campaign mechanics, since he is the administrator of Cathay and his starting location is where the Wu-Xing Compass is actually located, he should have more powerful versions of the Wu-Xing Compass buffs. Also being a stickler for protocol should make him slow but efficient. I'd say give him a 5-10% upkeep reduction on all units, and increase the income of any
province he is in but decrease the growth.

Wich of the three Cathay Lords do you prefer on next dlc? and what chaos champion can be deleted from next dlc? It could be khorne because Kolek looks very khorne to me, or it could be slaanesh because Silgavald is already there.

Start giving your opinion now! 3th Cathay Lord is coming!

new Undead Legion:
Nagash (unlockable for beating game with Undead Legion)
The Nameless
Dieter Helsnicht
Neferata
Dread King or Walach Harkon

And also give a quest possibility to other mortachs to access/join some Undead Legion recruiting privileges.

DLCs for VC BLOODLINES:
/Necrachs:Zacharias, Melkhior, Radu the forsaken /Strigoi:Ushoran, Vorag The Ghoul King, Gashnag The Black Prince, Rametep /Blood Dragon:Red Duke, Abhorash /Lahmia:zNitocris, Ulrika, Naaima

Post edited by Grom_the_Paunch#8146 on

Comments

• Goatforce#6625Goatforce#6625 Registered Users Posts: 8,448
    I know this is likely bait, but in case it isn't have you taken the second required to realise that all 6 races are core, and so no matter what happens a couple of them will have to wait for a LP right?
  • Labria#2848Labria#2848 Registered Users Posts: 2,233
    If each chaos god will get 2nd legendary lord in next lord pack, I can imagine we can get Cathay FLC legendary lord together with Chaos Dwarfs campaign pack(I hope this will be 2nd DLC).

Yuan Bo make most sense as FLC legendary lord in central Cathay without any special mechanic.

I really doubt Yin-Yin or Monkey King will be FLC legendary lords. Yin-Yin has big potencial to start far from Cathay with own unique campaign mechanic. I really doubt she will care about Great Bastion and caravans.
    I think Li Dao make more sense as FLC legendary lord together with Monkey King DLC.
  • IndefatigableIndefatigable Registered Users Posts: 511

The sense of schadenfreude I will receive when they show off 4 Chaos LLs will be immense.

If it turns out that CA were sensible and didn't go for a 4 Chaos lords route, there will be a lot of forum users with egg on the face
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,631

The sense of schadenfreude I will receive when they show off 4 Chaos LLs will be immense.

It will be unmeasurable.
    Summon the Elector Counts!
  • Ekix#9944Ekix#9944 Registered Users Posts: 1,992
    edited July 1

If it turns out that CA were sensible and didn't go for a 4 Chaos lords route, there will be a lot of forum users with egg on the face
    It will, because not delivering something on first dlc to Chinese fans first would anger a biiiig market

new Undead Legion:
    The Nameless
    Dieter Helsnicht
    Neferata

And also give a quest possibility to other mortachs to access/join some Undead Legion recruiting privileges.

DLCs for VC BLOODLINES:
    /Necrachs:Zacharias, Melkhior, Radu the forsaken /Strigoi:Ushoran, Vorag The Ghoul King, Gashnag The Black Prince, Rametep /Blood Dragon:Red Duke, Abhorash /Lahmia:zNitocris, Ulrika, Naaima

• Neodeinos#5871Neodeinos#5871 Registered Users Posts: 15,848
    Equix said:

It will, because not delivering something on first dlc to Chinese fans first would anger a biiiig market
    Imagine thinking that the Chinese community only cares about Cathay.
  • Lunaticprince#9972Lunaticprince#9972 Registered Users Posts: 6,837
    edited July 1

I accept my L, chaos is definitely the route I prefer but if the content is good I survive

• Maedrethnir#1968Maedrethnir#1968 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 17,215
    I think the Monkey King will be part of a lord pack and Li Dao will be added as the FLC lord for the pack.

I want Li Dao DLC with Fu-Hung Monks, Vermilion Firebirds, Burning Winds Nomads and temple dogs!
    edited July 1
    If you anger for this, is because you lack sensibility for Cathay fans

Almost! almost answered Equix hypocrital ****!

this bait maked me weak for a second not gonna lie

if you anger for this, is just because you are not sensible to feelings from hard Cathay fans, chaos would still get 4 lords (belakor +3 more) why be more greedy than this?

I am sorry if my proposal is not of your liking, we everyone are different from each other and should respect our wishes of others, relax and just let CA decide content at the end.

new Undead Legion:
    The Nameless
    Dieter Helsnicht
    Neferata

DLCs for VC BLOODLINES:

• Arthas_Menethil#3421Arthas_Menethil#3421 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,351
    I find this thread in bad faith because I know Equix wants factions that are Eurocentric and Cathay isn't Eurocentric therefore this thread does not reflect what people who like Cathay want.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

I find this thread in bad faith because I know Equix wants factions that are Eurocentric and Cathay isn't Eurocentric therefore this thread does not reflect what people who like Cathay want.

No no! he liked asia
    Equix said:

Flying Carpets are ridiculous, its a Disney Aladdin wargame? its ridiculous awful.

Warhammer always were european centric, amazons are a greek myth, Albion is the purest past of West Europe, and the Far East was very important to Europe on medieval era for trading spices and caused the new world descovery, it makes sense to have the friendly to european cultures. Araby is nothing like that, and not needed, Estalia, and bretonnia could be there fighting TK, ratmen, Neferata and Nagash. Araby is not needed, and is a minus to european tradition of warhammer.

TT was eurocentric, dont manipulate this fact and I was defending that at W1, NOT BECAUSE RACISM but for nostalgia of TT, maybe you had no memory roots to TT game, anyways I have changed my mind over years and I made lots of threads about how much I loved and still love Cathay, and want more order humans from East.

I am ok with you enjoying different stuff but I have the right to express myself about what I enjoy, and you have no right to manipulate what I really wanted to say if we don't agree.

new Undead Legion:
    The Nameless
    Dieter Helsnicht
    Neferata

DLCs for VC BLOODLINES:

edited July 1

No no! he liked asia
    Equix said:

Flying Carpets are ridiculous, its a Disney Aladdin wargame? its ridiculous awful.

Warhammer always were european centric, amazons are a greek myth, Albion is the purest past of West Europe, and the Far East was very important to Europe on medieval era for trading spices and caused the new world descovery, it makes sense to have the friendly to european cultures. Araby is nothing like that, and not needed, Estalia, and bretonnia could be there fighting TK, ratmen, Neferata and Nagash. Araby is not needed, and is a minus to european tradition of warhammer.

I made two threads in the past month about how to retcon pigmies and make them a marvelous remake. I probably will another thread this month with different ideas for pigmies. Accept it, I have no problem with others human civilizations for warhammer 3. I even said I will applaud Araby if it comes by the end of W3, I just didn't want Araby at W1, not even W2, I considered it was too soon to derail from armybooks.

new Undead Legion:
    The Nameless
    Dieter Helsnicht
    Neferata

DLCs for VC BLOODLINES:

• RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Registered Users Posts: 2,291
    edited July 1
    Neodeinos said:

ArneSo said:

mw51630 said:

Equix said:
    I was about to defend this thread, saying "Hey this doesn't deserve as much disagrees, he's just saying which lord he'd like Cathay to have next."

Then you link to an actual extremely bait-y thread...
    You can be assured that everything Equix posts here is either bait, trolling, racism or all 3 combined.
    And you would think he wouldn't get away with his racist comments and yet...
    Come on it's the forums, you'll get away with most things unless it's trolling trolls
    edited July 1

@Arthas_Menethil

See! he like them alot!

Equix said:

Far East, Amazons and Albion are much more appealing to warhammer european-centric spirit. And would sell better.

quoting words from old posts from which, probably, at the end I already have paid with prison or a ban is a fraud by your part, and also, probably, a breaking of the rules of this forum.

new Undead Legion:
    The Nameless
    Dieter Helsnicht
    Neferata

DLCs for VC BLOODLINES:

Just anybody ask!

Yes i admit these are post from years in the past and honestly i not hould anybody hostage for dumb things they did in the past.

But as Equix showed his two faces side, as he explained he just go against the awful araby "trolls" who didn't accept his post and threads, just showed me he never learned his lesson and more likely he never care to beginn with

then his trolling, again i not have anything against he wish a race based on the africa continent i like getting more outside europe reprenstation

But the moment he posted pigmins or what ever this garbage called, and got a (easy to see) negative reaction all the sudden he spammed the forum with them for days.

So never give him anything of a doubt.

Equix said:

@Arthas_Menethil

See! he like them alot!

Equix said:

Far East, Amazons and Albion are much more appealing to warhammer european-centric spirit. And would sell better.

quoting words from old posts from which, probably, at the end I already have paid with prison or a ban is a fraud by your part, and also, probablyQuote" rel="Neodeinos">
    ArneSo said:

mw51630 said:

Equix said:
    I was about to defend this thread, saying "Hey this doesn't deserve as much disagrees, he's just saying which lord he'd like Cathay to have next."

Then you link to an actual extremely bait-y thread...
    You can be assured that everything Equix posts here is either bait, trolling, racism or all 3 combined.
    And you would think he wouldn't get away with his racist comments and yet...
    I think we’ve confirmed that, a breaking of the rules of this forum.
    So is racism but that doesn’t stop you

where is racism? you are just derailing the thread because you are greedy about chaos LLs.
    Why not give 1 to Cathay? you would still have a full tech tree new made Belakor in IE + 3 Chaos LLs and 1 Cathay LL

new Undead Legion:
    The Nameless
    Dieter Helsnicht
    Neferata

DLCs for VC BLOODLINES:

• mw51630#6772mw51630#6772 Member Registered Users Posts: 2,200
    Equix said:

No no! he liked asia
    Equix said:

I made two threads in the past month about how to retcon pigmies and make them a marvelous remake.
    Good god how does this help your case... anyone thinking pygmies can be salvaged is completely inane.
  • Djau#5149Djau#5149 Registered Users Posts: 12,145

We have Grand Cathay, Kislev and Ogre Kingdoms with 2, 3 and 2 Lords apiece. Monogods all have 1 LL and Daemons of Chaos have 1 LL.

Be'lakor is coming, so thats 2 LL for Daemons of Chaos.

Its logical then that 4 Monogod LLs are coming; that puts the totals to 2, 3, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2. Much more realistic.

Djau said:

We have Grand Cathay, Kislev and Ogre Kingdoms with 2, 3 and 2 Lords apiece. Monogods all have 1 LL and Daemons of Chaos have 1 LL.

Its logical then that 4 Monogod LLs are coming; that puts the totals to 2, 3, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2. Much more realistic.
    Is not that realistic, a WOC rework is coming, they have 3 LLs, Kolek could go to Khorne or Sigvald to Slaanesh then we have:

WOC 2, Khorne 2, Slaanesh 2, Tzeentch 2, Nurgle 2, DoC 2, Kislev 3, Cathay 3.
    That's more balanced!

new Undead Legion:
    The Nameless
    Dieter Helsnicht
    Neferata

DLCs for VC BLOODLINES:

mw51630 said:

Equix said:

No no! he liked asia
    Equix said:

I made two threads in the past month about how to retcon pigmies and make them a marvelous remake.
    Good god how does this help your case... anyone thinking pygmies can be salvaged is completely inane.
    I mean could just keep the name out but insist they called pigmins.

Djau said:

It make sense honestly everything point out to be but never be to 100% sure

Ca can always throw a curveball

• mecanojavi99#6562mecanojavi99#6562 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 11,223
    Honestly, seeing so much bait and trolls posts lately without any real consequences brings back memories of one of the worst times of the forum when Veresh was still around, hopefully the mods start doing something before the forum ends up like that again.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous

Honestly, seeing so much bait and trolls posts lately without any real consequences brings back memories of one of the worst times of the forum when Veresh was still around, hopefully the mods start doing something before the forum ends up like that again.

Maybe you are seeing too much your own posts and not enough different opinions, I am usually patient of everyday posts I dont like and I dont call them anything. I never like to see someone insulting someone, that's why I never answer the same way others insult me. Not playing the victim here, I may seem two faces but I always avoided insulting or being aggressive or personal since more than 7 years ago. Most of my haters can't forget the past, is sad.

new Undead Legion:
    The Nameless
    Dieter Helsnicht
    Neferata

DLCs for VC BLOODLINES:

Honestly is even worse because are now four of them

• Djau#5149Djau#5149 Registered Users Posts: 12,145
    Equix said:

Djau said:

Is not that realistic, a WOC rework is coming, they have 3 LLs, Kolek could go to Khorne or Sigvald to Slaanesh then we have:

That's more balanced!
    Kholek isn't a Khorne champion.

Honestly is even worse because are now four of them
    criticizing mods, I think, is another breaking of the rules on this forum, why you do this? why this much hate? relax, no one is going to steal your favorite opinion, each person has his own

new Undead Legion:
    The Nameless
    Dieter Helsnicht
    Neferata

DLCs for VC BLOODLINES:

• HeresyHoundHeresyHound Registered Users Posts: 8,285
    Equix said:

Maybe you are seeing too much your own posts and not enough different opinions, I am usually patient of everyday posts I dont like and I dont call them anything. I never like to see someone insulting someone, that's why I never answer the same way others insult me. Not playing the victim here, I may seem two faces but I always avoided insulting or being aggressive or personal since more than 7 years ago. Most of my haters can't forget the past, is sad.
    You got banned before for calling people nazis lmao
    Djau said:

Equix said:

Djau said:

That's more balanced!
    Kholek isn't a Khorne champion.
    Yes but for equix make perfectly sense to remove kholek because he just have absolute basic knoweldge about warhammer.

This discussion has been closed.