Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Confirmation that Vlad is now in Drakenhof and Mannfred will be out

Nazjax#2857Nazjax#2857 Registered Users Posts: 2,522

Vlad and Isabella Von Carstein – Sylvania

It's their new faction name instead of Von Carstein... So yep it's pretty much confirmed now.

Comments

• Bereaver#4201Bereaver#4201 Registered Users Posts: 967
    edited July 5
    Well, seems to be right. I am personally a little bit disappointed, because in my humble opinion Mannfred is a current leader of Vampire Counts faction and Vlad is more of legacy lore character, so he should not be the main Vampire threat for the Empire. But it would definitely feel more weird to move Vlad far from Empire.

At least Mannfred's hunt for Books of Nagash seems flavorful enough, looking forward to see its effects for his faction!
  • RomaInvictaForever#2571RomaInvictaForever#2571 Registered Users Posts: 166
  • Commissar_G#7535Commissar_G#7535 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,768
    This is good. Very good. I'm glad they went this route instead of moving Vlad to play a more Vashanesh campaign.

Isabella is why. She's still the daughter of the elector count.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
  • CountTalabeclandCountTalabecland Registered Users Posts: 1,083
    There are still two sylvanian provinces.

So idk if this confirms it but it will be nice if Manny is a far away and doesn’t have essentially the same start as Vlad
  • DavidTWWH#4143DavidTWWH#4143 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,325
    That's what I thought too, hopefully Vlad gets added to the elector counts mechanic too!
    Stating opinions as if they're facts in your signature and adding "Change my mind" doesn't make them facts, change my mind.
  • DavidTWWH#4143DavidTWWH#4143 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,325
    That's what I thought too, hopefully Vlad gets added to the elector counts mechanic too!
    Stating opinions as if they're facts in your signature and adding "Change my mind" doesn't make them facts, change my mind.
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,417
    Screw manfred - no one likes him anyway.
  • Pr4vda#6038Pr4vda#6038 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,324
    Iokko said:

I also hope for something similar. And would give Vlad and Mannfred very different mechanics.
    Team Dawis

Dawis shall purge all their fallen Karaks, with the blood of the Greeskins and the skavens !
  • SnakeMajinSnakeMajin Registered Users Posts: 590
    Incredible. One blog ended up crushing three of my assumptions : Be'lakor as part of DoC, Sigvald moved and Mannfred remaining in Drakenhof.

Now I'm tempted to think Grimgor might move out of Black Crag, but if I do the reverse shall happen.

Mannfred where then ?
  • oliverpmasonoliverpmason Registered Users Posts: 3,055
    I don't think we can say confirmed but it does feel confirmed.

I hope that the Empire still has a big undead threat as 3/4 LLs will do a lot more damage than one with a LH.
  • Nazjax#2857Nazjax#2857 Registered Users Posts: 2,522
    edited July 5

I hope that the Empire still has a big undead threat as 3/4 LLs will do a lot more damage than one with a LH.

Well. If you go in details yes you still have a few porcent chance that it will not come. But since he took the faction name of Mannfred...

And the title was more interesting with ''confirmation'' than ''Maybe we could think this is a confirmation'' :D

Im still very confident at 99 porcent this is true.
  • Bonutz#3949Bonutz#3949 Registered Users Posts: 5,671
    Nice. As expected.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
  • PraiseSigmawPraiseSigmaw Forlì, ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 3,059
    Nazjax said:

Vlad and Isabella Von Carstein – Sylvania

It's their new faction name instead of Von Carstein... So yep it's pretty much confirmed now.

Serves that Bald bas**** right.

I'm going to disagree with you. They changed the orientation of the Sylvanian provinces.

And their faction is literally called Sylvania.

And Mannfred cannot hunt for the books of Nagash from Sylvania, we know where they are, Volkmar and Manny will almost certainly re-use the TK mechanic for obtaining them.

This one is about as "confirmed" as it gets my man.
  • oliverpmasonoliverpmason Registered Users Posts: 3,055
    Nazjax said:

Well. If you go in details yes you still have a few porcent chance that it will not come. But since he took the faction name of Mannfred...

And the title was more interesting with ''confirmation'' than ''Maybe we could think this is a confirmation'' :D
    Yeah, fair enough! You social media influencers know how to get clicks. This one Von Carstein will shock you.......
  • Sultschiem#8734Sultschiem#8734 Registered Users Posts: 3,496
    And given by what was written for Volkmar's faction, Mannfred will start either in the Swamps of Madness or somewhere close to the Land of the dead as there will now be a 3-faction war over the Tombs of Nagash with Volkmar, Tomb Kings and Mannfred.
  • ArneSo#7705ArneSo#7705 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,060
    So happy!
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life

And given by what was written for Volkmar's faction, Mannfred will start either in the Swamps of Madness or somewhere close to the Land of the dead as there will now be a 3-faction war over the Tombs of Nagash with Volkmar, Tomb Kings and Mannfred.

Do you think it'll be Morgheim, the Black Pyramid or does somewhere else make sense too?

The Black Pyramid feels a little too close to Volkmar and Settra, but it is still technically a province away.

• Neodeinos#5871Neodeinos#5871 Registered Users Posts: 15,601
    I could see Mannfred in Ka-Sabar, wherever it is on the IE map. It should be just above the Heart of the Jungle I think ?

edited July 5
    Neodeinos said:

I could see Mannfred in Ka-Sabar, wherever it is on the IE map. It should be just above the Heart of the Jungle I think ?

My original guess was the Marshes of Madness, but looking at the map. That puts you more in conflict with GS, Khorne, ruins Eltharions themed campaign a bit. I don't like it.

Mannfred to Lahmia and Khalida retains vortex start pos?
  • Otters007Otters007 Registered Users Posts: 1,552
    ArneSo said:

So happy!

Me too. There is something incredibly satisfying about Vlad being the main undead threat to the Empire as the true Vampire Count and ruler of Drakenhof.

Meanwhile, Mannfred is kicked out of his home and banished to the arse end of nowhere in some backwater. If he starts in the marshes of Madness, I will be even more pleased. When I play Skarbrand, i will be sure to pay Manny a visit.

Neodeinos said:

My original guess was the Marshes of Madness, but looking at the map. That puts you more in conflict with GS, Khorne, ruins Eltharions themed campaign a bit. I don't like it.

Mannfred to Lahmia and Khalida retains vortex start pos?
    Yep agree.

I also have the hope for a Styrgoi FLC there. Maybe it's a bit delusionnal...

Do you think it'll be Morgheim, the Black Pyramid or does somewhere else make sense too?

The Black Pyramid feels a little too close to Volkmar and Settra, but it is still technically a province away.

I just noticed the Lahmian province doesn't have a name. Weird.
  • ArneSo#7705ArneSo#7705 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,060

Mannfred close to Nehekhara is amazing and exactly what I wanted.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life

In the datamined map devils backbone had lahmia, mahrak and lybaras.

I think in the new version they swapped them to crater of the walking dead or totaly missed to write the province name and it's a brand new one !
  • Killertut#9655Killertut#9655 Registered Users Posts: 1,107

it is part of the crater of walking dead, but the river and region border makes it look like a province border and there being 2 provinces with 2 regions instead of 1 province with 4 regions.
    Killertut said:

it is part of the crater of walking dead, but the river and region border makes it look like a province border and there being 2 provinces with 2 regions instead of 1 province with 4 regions.
    I also think the same and the river is making the distinction of border hard to tell. It would be really weird if CA missed a province name. It's still possible but honestly I don't think it's a mistake.
  • John_KimbleJohn_Kimble Registered Users Posts: 1,523
    Yep, thats awesome new, and also goes to show that CA is more than willing to move the "Base" LL of a race if they deem so (there's hope for Grimgor in the Darklands).

So for VCounts we'll have:
    - Vlad & Isabella in Drakenhof
    - Ghorst in the east around NAgashizzar somewhere
    - Mannfred i think will be dropped in Marshes of Madness, next to the Pillar of Skulls
    - Kemmler, i assume he's staying where he is.

Yep, thats awesome new, and also goes to show that CA is more than willing to move the "Base" LL of a race if they deem so (there's hope for Grimgor in the Darklands).

So for VCounts we'll have:
    - Vlad & Isabella in Drakenhof
    - Ghorst in the east around NAgashizzar somewhere
    - Mannfred i think will be dropped in Marshes of Madness, next to the Pillar of Skulls
    - Kemmler, i assume he's staying where he is.

Yep that's right but I think Vlad was just more popular overhaul than Mannfred, on the other hand Grimgor is popular if you compare him to others LL. Yes some players love Skarsnik, Grom or Wurrzag but a lot of playerbase like Grimgor too. Im pretty sure very little people like more Mannfred than Vlad.

And it's technicaly a ''swap character'' not just ''there will be no playable lord in Black Crag''... I mean, we probably will never have a Gorfang DLC :x Maybe as FLC ? Meh..