Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

[Speculation] A Third Person Warhammer game in works from CA?

13»

Comments

• saweendra#3399saweendra#3399 Registered Users Posts: 19,328
    edited July 6

All I know is I've completed every TES game since daggerfall multiple times. Completed every witcher game at least once...

Elden ring I got bored with after about 3 hours of seemingly meaningless grinding and boss fights swinging between laughably easy and next to impossible (at my level).

Seriously I defeated two bosses without so much as taking damage- and then apparently went the wrong way or something and got destroyed in a single unblockable attack...

Terrible gameplay progression...

so because the game literally didn't hold your hand and tell you were to go every step of the adventure you quit.

I'm trying to imagine what my impression of Skyrim would have been if I went toward Windhelm instead of Whiterun and got immediately killed by a snow tiger then quit the game out of frustration.
    The fact the devs forgot progressional difficulty exists is not my fault...

I like challenging games; but only when they are fair. I took the wrong road and was met with an effective brick wall.

Not to mention I later discovered shield builds were apparently worthless...

There's no point discussing this here. Suffice to say I didn't enjoy it.
    You lost me at sheild builds are useless point

Sheild builds are universily consider strong or op depending who you ask.

Just need to know how to make one.

Also progressional difficulty exsist when you know what your doing.

Your first blind playthrough gonna suck if thats not what your in to . Because you can randomly end up in calied of all places and well for most players thats all she wrote. If there going full blind.

With no dark souls experience

I wasn't in to that much pain so used google figured out what i wanna do than its just playing the game

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• bradhunter#7134bradhunter#7134 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 16
    There already was a Warhammer MMO - I played it extensively - it was rushed out the development door, and ended as a horrible mess.
  • XxXScorpionXxX#2310XxXScorpionXxX#2310 Registered Users Posts: 6,022
    edited July 6

All I know is I've completed every TES game since daggerfall multiple times. Completed every witcher game at least once...

Elden ring I got bored with after about 3 hours of seemingly meaningless grinding and boss fights swinging between laughably easy and next to impossible (at my level).

Seriously I defeated two bosses without so much as taking damage- and then apparently went the wrong way or something and got destroyed in a single unblockable attack...

so because the game literally didn't hold your hand and tell you were to go every step of the adventure you quit.

I'm trying to imagine what my impression of Skyrim would have been if I went toward Windhelm instead of Whiterun and got immediately killed by a snow tiger then quit the game out of frustration.

I like challenging games; but only when they are fair. I took the wrong road and was met with an effective brick wall.

I had no issue. You just went the wrong way and got lost ending up in a high level area. Like I said, the same thing if I choose to head to Winterhold instead of Whiterun at level 1 and get neg diffed by a frost troll along the way.

The game is fair. You have a dozen ways to progress. You don't even have to use other players or the multiplayer aspect. Even just going singleplayer you have dozens of options to tackle any given area from stealth to combat.

I don't know what a "shield build" is but shields are hardly worthless. Parrying is the most OP things a player can do to the AI. I refuse to use it because it makes the game too easy. Great Shields with high con Armor that give lots of poise are great too, especially with gravity magic for offense. But generally you want to dodge roll. If you've been trying to play the game by blocking everything with a shield that doesn't even have 100% physical damage negation...

I think you set yourself up for failure then blamed the game for it. It's fine if you didn't like it. But don't go blaming the game because you made a bunch of mistakes and didn't have the patiences to figure out what to do.
    Request scorched body textures, and fire death effects. At least 30% of all damage in this game comes from fire sources. Request Fire for the Fire God DLC.
  • MoongorMoongor Registered Users Posts: 125
    They should do an open full world warhammer with all races to be playable for your main character
    edited July 6

Your first blind playthrough gonna suck if thats not what your in to . Because you can randomly end up in calied of all places and well for most players thats all she wrote. If there going full blind..
    I ended up in calied on my first full blind playthrough after getting trapped in a teleporting chest. I recognized that the bright red sky and poison swamp with lovecraftian looking monsters was probably a level 10 or higher area and promptly teleported back to Limegrave.

The game really is forgiving for people that at least try to figure out a solution. It's poetic that the Souls games always feature "giving up" as a story element woven into the Ashen One or Tarnished. Essentially you don't "lose" the game story wise unless you give up. As long as you keep enduring so does the Ashen One/Tarnished.

Request scorched body textures, and fire death effects. At least 30% of all damage in this game comes from fire sources. Request Fire for the Fire God DLC.
  • AxiosXiphos#9040AxiosXiphos#9040 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,522
    edited July 6

I had no issue. You just went the wrong way and got lost ending up in a high level area. Like I said, the same thing if I choose to head to Winterhold instead of Whiterun at level 1 and get neg diffed by a frost troll along the way.

The game is fair. You have a dozen ways to progress. You don't even have to use other players or the multiplayer aspect. Even just going singleplayer you have dozens of options to tackle any given area from stealth to combat.

I don't know what a "shield build" is but shields are hardly worthless. Parrying is the most OP things a player can do to the AI. I refuse to use it because it makes the game too easy. Great Shields with high con Armor that give lots of poise are great too, especially with gravity magic for offense. But generally you want to dodge roll. If you've been trying to play the game by blocking everything with a shield that doesn't even have 100% physical damage negation...

I think you set yourself up for failure then blamed the game for it. It's fine if you didn't like it. But don't go blaming the game because you made a bunch of mistakes and didn't have the patiences to figure out what to do.
    See this is it though. You are trying to explain to me 'why' I should have enjoyed it.

X4 is a complicated game; but I found it compelling from the start. Elden ring was just frankly boring... and that's the greatest sin of all. Maybe I would have pushed on if it looked like there was more to that fame then grinding and boss fights; but in 3-4 hours gameplay it gave me no indication of being anything more then that.

You are grinding for boss fights - and fighting bosses to help you grind...

The only other aspect of that game I saw was god aweful boring monologues as the NPC's (who are just statues with dialogue) drone on at you.

Compare that to Skyrim where NPC's had homes, full day/night cycles, jobs, routines, secrets and could even accompany you on your journeys.
    edited July 6
    Moongor said:

They should do an open full world warhammer with all races to be playable for your main character

I think that would be too hard to pull off. Or rather too wide in scope. Some races contain mutliple species within them. Greenskins (Orcs, Goblins), Lizardmen (Skinks, Sauras) Beastmen (Ungors, Gors)
  • Goatforce#6625Goatforce#6625 Registered Users Posts: 8,450

Your first blind playthrough gonna suck if thats not what your in to . Because you can randomly end up in calied of all places and well for most players thats all she wrote. If there going full blind..
    I ended up in calied on my first full blind playthrough after getting trapped in a teleporting chest. I recognized that the bright red sky and poison swamp with lovecraftian looking monsters was probably a level 10 or higher area and promptly teleported back to Limegrave.

The game really is forgiving for people that at least try to figure out a solution. It's poetic that the Souls games always feature "giving up" as a story element woven into the Ashen One or Tarnished. Essentially you don't "lose" the game story wise unless you give up. As long as you keep enduring so does the Ashen One/Tarnished.

Also the sites of Grace literally point you in a general direction which is the "narrative path" to put it loosely.

Yeah some of the teleports at the beginning are quite mean, I admit.

Also I don't understand the issue of walking into a hard place, early game. ER has no hard "game over" situation, so if you go somewhere too hard you can literally just explore in another direction. You aren't stuck in Caelid if you happen to wander into it.
  • #326352#326352 Registered Users Posts: 530
    I mean they have all the models and assets in high res for a lot of warhammer models. I mean a lot of the work is already done.
  • Wyvax#7456Wyvax#7456 Registered Users Posts: 6,205
    @AxiosXiphos Elden Ring is a great game, but it does have its flaws. Compared to the other entries in the Soulsborne games, boss quality is all over the place, and there are A LOT of optional side bosses, most of which are pretty underwhelming regardless of difficulty. Honestly I'd say most of it's flaws are because FromSoft decided to create an open world title, instead of the tighter linear games they're used to doing. It came out well but progression is gonna be all over the place and some people will burn themselves out as a result. I would suggest the original Dark Souls for a better first time experience, though from your expressed preferences regarding TES style games, and dislike of the souls NPCs, it probably wouldn't make a difference. As for me, I'm the inverse. I cannot stand TES games, played the opening of Oblivion, heard friends rave about Skyrim, seen plenty of gameplay on YT, there's an overabundance of extra stuff in the games but the core gameplay mechanics bores me to tears.