Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

A theory of Tetto'eko's future starting position

TheWattman#7460TheWattman#7460 Junior MemberEarth´s core... doing things you will never know aboutRegistered Users Posts: 1,579

TLAXTLAN

This may seem a bit boring perhaps, just placing the loreful lord of Tlaxtlan in his own city. But honestly given the current setup of starting positions for all parties involved, it is the start that makes the most sense for him in the end. Think about it, there is not really that much room, or for that matter even a point, to setting up another Lizardmen start outside of Lustria. We already have 4 other Lizardmen dispatched to various spots around the world, while we only have 3 inside of Lustria itself. Of course, there are other regions devoid of Lizardmen currently, but I think its unlikely that we'll see a Lizardmen addition to them. You're not gonna stick Tetto'eko into the Dark Lands or Mountains of Mourn, that's territory held for future Ogre/Greenskin/Chaos Dwarf/Dwarf additions. Same thing for the Chaos Wastes (but for Daemons/Warriors of course) and besides, that is Oxyotl's gig. What little free land there is in the Empire and Norsca are also similar holding places. Barring any sort of expansion into Ind or Khuresh, that leaves Naggaroth and Lustria. And while Tretch has moved to Crookback, Naggaroth still remains rather crowded and besides, putting Tetto'eko somewhere in middle Naggaroth would probably create an alliance triangle with Alith Anar and the Sisters which would threaten to steamroll the Dark Elves in their own home, especially with Mazdamundi distracting Morathi in the south as well.

And then there is Lustria, which I say in IE is a lot more open than before. Teclis has moved to the Southlands and Lokhir away to Cathay. This opens Lustria up, especially in the north-central parts. And placing Tetto'eko here now would make quite the campaign actually. Your immediate problem would be The Marshall That Must Not Be Named and the newly self-appointed Lord of Bregonne, who would be directly on your northern and eastern borders. You need to push out those invaders quickly enough to then swing around and help Gor-Rok against Luthor Harkon and the Skaven. And hey, maybe CA decides to put some other invader on the western coast as well, either now or further down the line.

What do you think guys? Where would you place Tetto'eko in Immortal Empires?

Comments

• DavidTWWH#4143DavidTWWH#4143 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,327
    If they ever open up Khuresh to be traversable, I'd probably want him there.
    Stating opinions as if they're facts in your signature and adding "Change my mind" doesn't make them facts, change my mind.
  • BeargodBeargod Registered Users Posts: 452
    Tetto'ekko is the last LL that should be implemented. Lizardmen already have 7! while other factions are have only 4.

• Neodeinos#5871Neodeinos#5871 Registered Users Posts: 15,879
    Iokko said:

Yeah, there is the Lost City of the Old Ones in Khuresh, would be nice to have that on the map.
  • DavidTWWH#4143DavidTWWH#4143 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,327
    Neodeinos said:

Iokko said:

Yeah, there is the Lost City of the Old Ones in Khuresh, would be nice to have that on the map.
    That was my thought too, even if he doesn't start right in it maybe he's trying to reclaim it or something.
    Stating opinions as if they're facts in your signature and adding "Change my mind" doesn't make them facts, change my mind.
  • Nazjax#2857Nazjax#2857 Registered Users Posts: 2,557
    Dragon Isles is supposed to be his real SP !

Khuresh or Ind can be a great place for LM.
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,696
    Please no… no more LM in Lustria please!

I want Tetto’eko in Khuresh.
    Summon the Elector Counts!
  • Lunaticprince#9972Lunaticprince#9972 Registered Users Posts: 6,848
    Nazjax said:

Dragon Isles is supposed to be his real SP !

Khuresh or Ind can be a great place for LM.

I was so angry CA did it would have such a great start position

• Labria#2848Labria#2848 Registered Users Posts: 2,233
    I expect that Tlaxtlan faction will be just 1st enemy for Markus Wulfhart or other legendary lord.
    If we will really get Tetto'eko, I can imagine he will start in Lost City of the Old Ones. So, Nakai will have another Lizardmen LL close to him.
  • PoorManatee6197#6481PoorManatee6197#6481 Registered Users Posts: 2,553
    How do you add the faction symbols to the map? I would like to make predictions too.

I would put him in the north chaos wastes, where? I dont know TBH, when he arrives the map will be expanded most probably so maybe north of the eastern steppes?

I have a feeling Nakai will be moved to the lost city of the old ones once Khuresh becomes available so I dont think Tetto'eko could go there.
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Karaz Bryn, Karag Dum, Karak Vlag, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

All those missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!

IT'S HOBGOBBO TIME!!!!!!!
    #JusticeForKurgan
  • eomat#7953eomat#7953 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,900
    At some point I would love to see Tetto added. Just love his model. Hopefully with him would come a rework of Slann adding the completing the 8 cores WoM and correctly colour coded.
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,696

How do you add the faction symbols to the map? I would like to make predictions too.

I would put him in the north chaos wastes, where? I dont know TBH, when he arrives the map will be expanded most probably so maybe north of the eastern steppes?

I have a feeling Nakai will be moved to the lost city of the old ones once Khuresh becomes available so I dont think Tetto'eko could go there.

If you go on honga.net the „total war military academy“ you can save the faction Icons as pictures. They look like this then:

Summon the Elector Counts!
  • TheWattman#7460TheWattman#7460 Junior Member Earth´s core... doing things you will never know aboutRegistered Users Posts: 1,579
    Iokko said:

ArneSo said:

Please no… no more LM in Lustria please!

I want Tetto’eko in Khuresh.

Depending on Khuresh ever opens up, that would be the option, even though that would've made more sense for Oxyotl.
    Beargod said:

Tetto'ekko is the last LL that should be implemented. Lizardmen already have 7! while other factions are have only 4.

And keep the Lizardmen waiting for their update for like 4-5 years? No thank you.

I honestly just downloaded the faction icon from the wiki and the map pic from twitter, put them together in powerpoint and set them as one image. Simple, but effective.
  • Guillermidas#6283Guillermidas#6283 MadridRegistered Users Posts: 515
    You sold me until “the rightful lord of Tlaxlan”.

So, you already killed off one of the only 5 living 2nd gen Slanns??

PD: rework 2nd gen slann.. make them into obtainable LL through City Temple adquisition (Tlaxlan, Itza, Xlanhuapec and Zlatlan). Excluding Hexoalt for obvious reasons. Only 4+1 available.
    "It's small, filthy and noisy. H! Just like a dwarf!"
  • Chronoid#8775Chronoid#8775 Registered Users Posts: 341

PD: rework 2nd gen slann.. make them into obtainable LL through City Temple adquisition (Tlaxlan, Itza, Xlanhuapec and Zlatlan). Excluding Hexoalt for obvious reasons. Only 4+1 available.

Could be interesting. Make them Tech tree lords (a la greenskins or TK) and have their tech require having the corresponding city (like Kislev Techs)
  • LennoxPoodleLennoxPoodle Registered Users Posts: 1,684
    You make a good case. Personally I'd like to have at least half of a given races LL start roughly at home (where applicable), ideally at least one more than half.
    I'm also not really bothered by Lizardmen being limited to the south, in fact I think it's a good thing. We get ample variety within the coldbloods themselves and spreading every race everywhere simply reduces the difference between places.
  • TheWattman#7460TheWattman#7460 Junior Member Earth´s core... doing things you will never know aboutRegistered Users Posts: 1,579

Correction then: The rightful lord of Tlaxtlan that has any chance at all of being implemented. Good thinking here though.

You make a good case. Personally I'd like to have at least half of a given races LL start roughly at home (where applicable), ideally at least one more than half.
    I'm also not really bothered by Lizardmen being limited to the south, in fact I think it's a good thing. We get ample variety within the coldbloods themselves and spreading every race everywhere simply reduces the difference between places.

Yeah, not every race needs to be spread across the world.