Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

the araby dream lives and will never die.

Comments

• PassthechipsPassthechips Registered Users Posts: 1,083
    edited July 21

Surge_2 said:

Araby for 2023 is dead.. cheers for clearing that up.
    We can pull up the last quote too:

Araby has been dead for awhile. Let the poor soul rest.
  • davedave1124#4773davedave1124#4773 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 20,890

Surge_2 said:

Yes, because Simone knows what will happen in the future concerning and open ended end date for the conclusion of the trilogy.

Unless CA come out and say, 'GW will not allow us to do it because of X or Y reason', I wouldn't join the Cathay squad if I were you.
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 9,582
    edited July 21
    Nyxilis said:

Don't get into eye roll semanitcs here, you've made a point and you've tried to shovel a lot of different points about why this one will prevail, and that one can't. They have made money on this one, proven money. Clearly not a reason for it not coming in game two.

And they never said anything about it, nor act on it. The only reasonable solution that I see is that they don't think that Araby would make as much money as alternative options.
    Nyxilis said:

You seem to try to make it a sole factor. Where here in this overwhelmingly primarily notChinese forum and Reddit the audiences always wanted Cathay.

No? I said that it's a factor that Araby doesn't have.
  • YurisusukiYurisusuki Somewhere in LustriaRegistered Users Posts: 1,326
    Those with pure hearts will never give up, keep dreaming, if araby come one day, we will laugh at the unbelievers

• mewade44#6520mewade44#6520 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,069
  • Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 38,454

Those with pure hearts will never give up, keep dreaming, if araby come one day, we will laugh at the unbelievers

Awwwww!
    "It's no fun fighting people weaker than you." - The Beast

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Disciple of the Drybrush

• NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 7,551
    mewade44 said:

In a world where the dead rise, never count out the potential of a useful steed.

• XihuXihu Registered Users Posts: 206
    I want Araby in the game. However, CA seems to want to exclude Arabs from their version of the Warhammer world. Arabian Nights lore (which Araby is based on) is amazing and a missed opportunity for CA (also rather racist to exclude them based on being Arab).
  • Neodeinos#5871Neodeinos#5871 Registered Users Posts: 15,601
    Xihu said:

also rather racist to exclude them based on being Arab

You don't know why CA decided to not make Araby and no one knows why.

edited July 21
    Neodeinos said:

Xihu said:

Epistemologically, correct. However, we can’t truly know anything. Thus, I opt to believe what evidence allows… and, regarding CA, I see no reason NOT to exclude them (especially given they DID include VCoast, Norsca, and Cathay (and probably Ind/Khuresh soon)) unless it was based on prejudice towards Arabs.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,203
    Until they say "No plans, not now, not ever, it will NEVER happen for any amount of money" I will not discount the dream.
  • talonn#7575talonn#7575 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,825
    RIP Araby for the 1000th times
  • Artjuh90Artjuh90 Registered Users Posts: 1,697

Killertut said:

thank god for mods.

i hate mods, but I got to thank the "new victory conditions" and "no rifts" modders. They saved me from turning into a negativity vessel for the game. I like WH3.
    what is the problem of mods?
    i really don't get this. the creaters of the IP allow it so it is not that.
    further more you can ick and chose what you add. just kind of childisch cultlike to hate them

Surge_2 said:

Yes, because Simone knows what will happen in the future concerning and open ended end date for the conclusion of the trilogy.

Unless CA come out and say, 'GW will not allow us to do it because of X or Y reason', I wouldn't join the Cathay squad if I were you.
    Can you find a quote that says they won’t do Cathay? They seem like very different situations considering they’ve denied Araby repeatedly.

Has CA ever gave a reason why Araby won't be included? Kislev and Cathay exist because of Return to the Old World, and I'm assuming Araby is going to have some part in the module.

If the material from GW just isn't there yet, that they might be still in the process of developing a new Araby, I can accept that, but that doesn't seem to be the reason.

Because Araby was based on a rather dated and sterotyping view of the middle east.

now yes yes you will now tell me all warhammer is based on sterotypes.

Well let's be honest; as sad as it is - in the world we currently live in mocking the middle east (even in good hearted jest and with the best intentions of middle eastern players in mind) is not a good idea... I doubt GW or CA have any real drive to open that particular can of worms when there is plenty of other content to tackle.
    We're not in the early 2000's anymore. Araby is obviously inspired by the Arab World but it's also inspired by Near Eastern mythology and folklore, neither of which are controversial. Other games, books, and movies have been released since then and having Arabic inspired factions haven't stirred anything.
    SerPus said:

Has CA ever gave a reason why Araby won't be included? Kislev and Cathay exist because of Return to the Old World, and I'm assuming Araby is going to have some part in the module.

Why should they give a reason for that? They said that developing new races is a lot of work, and that looks like a good enough reason to not expect every minor races in Warhammer setting to be implemented in the game.
    Because Araby has a fan base and it is one of the older, established factions in the setting despite being a minor one. People aren't/weren't unreasonable in expecting a fully developed Araby from appearing in the game, especially with the Vampire Coast and Cathay.
    tell that to charlie hapdo and the insane people who blew themself up.
    main reason araby wont be touched

Artjuh90 said:

If the material from GW just isn't there yet, that they might be still in the process of developing a new Araby, I can accept that, but that doesn't seem to be the reason.

Because Araby was based on a rather dated and sterotyping view of the middle east.

Well let's be honest; as sad as it is - in the world we currently live in mocking the middle east (even in good hearted jest and with the best intentions of middle eastern players in mind) is not a good idea... I doubt GW or CA have any real drive to open that particular can of worms when there is plenty of other content to tackle.
    We're not in the early 2000's anymore. Araby is obviously inspired by the Arab World but it's also inspired by Near Eastern mythology and folklore, neither of which are controversial. Other games, books, and movies have been released since then and having Arabic inspired factions haven't stirred anything.
    SerPus said:

Why should they give a reason for that? They said that developing new races is a lot of work, and that looks like a good enough reason to not expect every minor races in Warhammer setting to be implemented in the game.
    Because Araby has a fan base and it is one of the older, established factions in the setting despite being a minor one. People aren't/weren't unreasonable in expecting a fully developed Araby from appearing in the game, especially with the Vampire Coast and Cathay.
    But those were Islamic extremists. There’s a difference between being a Muslim and being Arab… wtf??

Artjuh90 said:

Man, it truly wouldn’t be the internet without someone showing a gross lack of knowledge of an event. Thanks for doing your part.
    Xihu said:

Neodeinos said:

Xihu said:

Epistemologically, correct. However, we can’t truly know anything. Thus, I opt to believe what evidence allows… and, regarding CA, I see no reason NOT to exclude them (especially given they DID include VCoast, Norsca, and Cathay (and probably Ind/Khuresh soon)) unless it was based on prejudice towards Arabs.
    No, you don't have evidence.

You went, thing happened. Assumption.

Actual evidence shows they only were going to do two races in game 2. It could have been others, Dogs of War for example. Or you know, the Vampire Coast who got the slot. It's like saying, hey pirates and zombies are not popular. Clearly no reason to pick that faction.

Now we're in an area that's not their primary spot. Cathay and Kislev.

Rather than just jumping the gun there.
    edited July 22
    Eh… seems racist to me man.

Guilty beyond reasonable doubt, for sure.
    Xihu said:

No proof, no evidence, no actions stated to that effect, or anything else.

Proof that shows they were only going to do 2 races in game 2. Only 1 slot for a minor race. Vampire Coast.

But no, ****.

Got it.
    Nyxilis said:

Xihu said:

Proof that shows they were only going to do 2 races in game 2. Only 1 slot for a minor race. Vampire Coast.

But no, ****.

Got it.
    It’s racist to exclude Arabs for being Arab.
    Xihu said:

Nyxilis said:

Xihu said:

But no, ****.

Got it.
    Yet, first off. They're not Araby. They're a quasi mix of arabic, egyptian, morrocan, persian, and turkish themes. Much like Kislev is not Russian but a quasi mix of its region.

Second, you have zero proof that's the reason for the exclusion.

CA has made multiple middle eastern DLC people. Go look up their freaking games. Oh just fine to publish it here just fine.

You make literally no sense.
  • Rat-ee-jiK#7094Rat-ee-jiK#7094 Registered Users Posts: 169
    edited July 22
    no, because allahu akbar fear is real.

Just think about it ;)

Safety first
  • destroyer67115destroyer67115 Registered Users Posts: 1,357

SerPus said:

People who aren't Chinese can enjoy games and stories set in China.

No saying that they can't, just that Chinese market is a major factor according to GW and CA themselves. Araby doesn't have that.
    Again, the Chinese Market is already oversaturated by Chinese companies appealing to Chinese customers. If CA wanted to break into a hardcore gaming goldmine, they'd make Warhammer Japan or Warhammer Korea instead. Western attempts to garner a customer base in China usually fail for a reason. Even Blizzard's been struggling to grow further.

Araby does have that. Araby, again, has a pre-established presence in the game and the fan base. It's a legacy faction that's been in almost every phase of Warhammer Fantasy.
    That doesn't mean they're not trying. It just means they're failing.
  • Rat-ee-jiK#7094Rat-ee-jiK#7094 Registered Users Posts: 169
    Xihu said:

Neodeinos said:

Xihu said:

C'mon..We know why

edited July 22
    Nyxilis said:

Xihu said:

Nyxilis said:

Xihu said:

But no, ****.

Got it.
    Yet, first off. They're not Araby. They're a quasi mix of arabic, egyptian, morrocan, persian, and turkish themes. Much like Kislev is not Russian but a quasi mix of its region.

CA has made multiple middle eastern DLC people. Go look up their freaking games. Oh just fine to publish it here just fine.

What have Arabs done that make you not want them in the game??

Name one thing.
    Xihu said:

Artjuh90 said:

SerPus said:

But those were Islamic extremists. There’s a difference between being a Muslim and being Arab… wtf??

did i say they are the same?
    no i did not, but the islamic extremist do respond on it.
    Artjuh90 said:

Xihu said:

Artjuh90 said:

SerPus said:

did i say they are the same?
    no i did not, but the islamic extremist do respond on it.
    You implied it. Arabs should be in the game and in Palestine.
    Nyxilis said:

Xihu said:

Nyxilis said:

Xihu said:

But no, ****.

Got it.

you are aware all the mentioned countris follow the kalifate and all fall under the arabic countries.
    and historic is different then a satire version of clearly a spinoff of the arabic culure which can be founded offended.
    not only you have the cancel culture now which you didn't had back then even its a 1% threath some rando extrimist reacts to it it is reason enough to not implement it.

and then the map around there in ME it will be even more packed then the lustria bowl
    Artjuh90 said:

Nyxilis said:

Xihu said:

Nyxilis said:

Xihu said:

But no, ****.

Got it.

you are aware all the mentioned countris follow the kalifate and all fall under the arabic countries.
    and historic is different then a satire version of clearly a spinoff of the arabic culure which can be founded offended.
    not only you have the cancel culture now which you didn't had back then even its a 1% threath some rando extrimist reacts to it it is reason enough to not implement it.

and then the map around there in ME it will be even more packed then the lustria bowl
    They satire their own countries all the time, they don't care about satires that are not distinctly racist.

It's a dim knowledge of the world to not realize these can be separate things.

And, it's a completely naive ignorance of history to not realize it's not linked about culture.

Though I am now of the believe we have 3 names probably from some weird board come in here to troll on it.

Friggen gutter trash.
This discussion has been closed.