Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Will the champions try to find Zanbaijin in Immortal Empire?

akaLuckyEye#3157akaLuckyEye#3157 SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 229
Do we have information about this?
"It is said that Abhorash wept tears of blood for his victims
and from that day on he travelled to the desert to pray upon the scattered nomads
instead of his own people."

Comments

• mecanojavi99#6562mecanojavi99#6562 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 10,800
    No, IE is pure sandbox without any narrative, the same reason why the Soul Race isn't in IE
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • akaLuckyEye#3157akaLuckyEye#3157 SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 229

No, IE is pure sandbox without any narrative, the same reason why the Soul Race isn't in IE

That to bad. Zanbaijin looks like a interesting mechanic. It feels like a waste of resources to keep making two different campaigns & not use the more flashed out one for IE.
    "It is said that Abhorash wept tears of blood for his victims
    and from that day on he travelled to the desert to pray upon the scattered nomads
    instead of his own people."
  • brago90brago90 Registered Users Posts: 1,430
    No but maybe the city is a settlement in immortal empires with some unique building.
  • OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 10,096

Really... I'm pretty sure the Vamp Coast still was searching for Amanar in Mortal Empires.
  • XihuXihu Registered Users Posts: 206
    I’m expecting the search/battle for Zanbaijin will still be in IE (the way LL quest battles are).
  • epic_160110304684zvoI1jJepic_160110304684zvoI1jJ Registered Users Posts: 76
    If the tomb kings can find the books of nagash then the warriors of chaos should be able to find zanbaijin. Race specific goals don’t stop it being a sandbox and make ie more fun. It probably won’t be in ie but I hope it is
  • Bereaver#4201Bereaver#4201 Registered Users Posts: 967
    edited July 22
    OdTengri said:

Really... I'm pretty sure the Vamp Coast still was searching for Amanar in Mortal Empires.
    They do, except you get no Final Battle and no campaign finished rewards. Same with Tomb Kings - you still hunt for Books of Nagash, but in the end Battle for Black Pyramid is just cut, thus you do not gain powerful Vortex campaign bonus (regeneration for all units in all armies + some more goodies).

It was very infuriating for me to discover. I hope that CA adds these back in IE, or at least return campaign finished rewards for these races.
  • b_tookb_took Registered Users Posts: 379
    The Harpoon Launcher building chain flat-out tells you that it only works for the Vortex Campaign victory.

I'd expect the WoC quest to be handled similarly to Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast - many of the mechanics are still there, but no final battle/campaign reward.

On the other hand, though, we do know that there are faction-specific short, medium, and long-range goals in IE, so it may actually reinstitute the final campaign battles. If they do, though, I would expect the buffs to be less powerful than they are in the respective game-specific maps.
  • oliverpmasonoliverpmason Registered Users Posts: 3,055
    Wow. IE drops and I could be back on the RoC map. Son of a ****!

I mean with no Rifts it's a pretty cool map (thanks modders)!
  • Slugus#5078Slugus#5078 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 724

When playing WoC on the RoC map there are no rifts anyway from the Let's Play video information, it appears to be set after Katarina has saved Ursun, you can open rifts to teleport around from the look of things but the actual soul race mechanic is not there. Not sure how it works in MP.
    Slugus said:

When playing WoC on the RoC map there are no rifts anyway from the Let's Play video information, it appears to be set after Katarina has saved Ursun, you can open rifts to teleport around from the look of things but the actual soul race mechanic is not there. Not sure how it works in MP.
    Well exactly. The new LL look like they'll be better to play on that map like the VP and TK were on the Vortex.

Good point about MP but I've never done a MP campaign.
  • overtaker40#8926overtaker40#8926 Registered Users Posts: 1,098
    We don't know yet. It looks like it exisits in the map.

There is also precident for it being included like the books of nagash being in mortal empires for the tomb kings and the shantys for vampire coast, minus the story elements and narrative trailers.

So these people saying no, don't know what the **** they are talking about.
    I like all the races. Equally. Wood elves are just the first among equals.
  • Slugus#5078Slugus#5078 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 724

Slugus said:

Well exactly. The new LL look like they'll be better to play on that map like the VP and TK were on the Vortex.

I hadn't either until recently, there actually really fun, especially when you have 4 or more players all with different schemes and plans happening >:)

Downside is I haven't been able to find a regular group to play with some we can actually finish a campaign so despite being fun I'm yet to finish a MP campaign.

It is fun when you jump into battles though... either take over the AI faction and make it extra tough for them, or join an ally and help them out, this is great if you get control of just a handful of their units, especially a few SEMs or Cav units as you can micro them like crazy and do massive damage while the other player controls the rest of the "battle line".
    Slugus said:

Slugus said:

I hadn't either until recently, there actually really fun, especially when you have 4 or more players all with different schemes and plans happening >:)

Downside is I haven't been able to find a regular group to play with some we can actually finish a campaign so despite being fun I'm yet to finish a MP campaign.

It is fun when you jump into battles though... either take over the AI faction and make it extra tough for them, or join an ally and help them out, this is great if you get control of just a handful of their units, especially a few SEMs or Cav units as you can micro them like crazy and do massive damage while the other player controls the rest of the "battle line".
    That does sound awesome. I wish I had the time so enjoy it while you don't have kids!