Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Confederation WOC and new dlc problem

Trog#5845Trog#5845 Registered Users Posts: 72
from the responses received in these days the new 4 lords and WOC in general c'ant confederate and perhaps they will never be able to do so (answer given by CA).
So the underlying problem is another !!!!!! , they want to sell a DLC for WOCs that doesn't work(confederation etc,,,), instead they can sell the same dlc but for each monogod faction so you can confederate without problems, , then why make these new 4 lords WOC ? , all the units of this DLC will be shared between WOC and monogod ,so why not make them monogod so you can confederate with your own faction, the only right answer is that they want to sell the WOC dlc's there are no other explanations we're just cows to be milked.

Comments

• Nyxilis#3646Nyxilis#3646 Registered Users Posts: 7,650
    I personally don't want confederation for the WoC.

Second, this ultimately doesn't matter because you dno't even know if monos can confederate.
  • Goatforce#6625Goatforce#6625 Registered Users Posts: 8,448
    I personally prefer to use the " recruit defeated LLs" mod than confederation, find it a lot more satisfying in most cases.
  • Labria#2848Labria#2848 Registered Users Posts: 2,233
    I think CA should integrate Recruit Defeated Legendary Lords mod to the vanilla. Also, they should rework red line skill tree to be more universal. So, you can recruit characters from others races.

Honestly, If you play Sigvald, you wll be able to get Azazel, N'Kari and others Slaanesh characters in campaign. It won't really matter if Sigvald will be part of WoC or Slaanesh race in campaign.
  • Commissar_G#7535Commissar_G#7535 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,826
    There must be a reason other than “they don’t want to”. T

They know how popular collecting all the LL is.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
  • destroyer67115destroyer67115 Registered Users Posts: 1,357

It seems there are corporate suits trying to make play locations "more unique" and want to do that by less confederation.

Look at wh3 in general. There's alotta steps away from confederation IMO.
  • Grotbagg#2528Grotbagg#2528 Registered Users Posts: 327

It seems there are corporate suits trying to make play locations "more unique" and want to do that by less confederation.

Why not put Azazel in the south of the IE map? Now he starts very close to the other slaanesh/chaos factions.
  • JerroserJerroser Registered Users Posts: 793

My assumption is that they felt it would be too tedious to find a way to fit some of the LL combinations together when many of them will have access to unit that others can't get. So it was easier to just block it for everyone, rather than add in a few exceptions for the clearly undivided factions.

For the 4 Champions it definitely makes sense both from a lore and a gameplay perspective given that they are directly competing against each other in the WoR campaign. But as Archeon I was kinda looking forwards to unifying the forces of Chaos in to a grand army to destroy the world with. Especially as my free time is somewhat limited and I doubt I'll ever get the chance to play all of their campaigns, so at least getting the chance to play around with them in another Lords campaign would be the next best alternative.
    Jerroser said:

My assumption is that they felt it would be too tedious to find a way to fit some of the LL combinations together when many of them will have access to unit that others can't get. So it was easier to just block it for everyone, rather than add in a few exceptions for the clearly undivided factions.

For the 4 Champions it definitely makes sense both from a lore and a gameplay perspective given that they are directly competing against each other in the WoR campaign. But as Archeon I was kinda looking forwards to unifying the forces of Chaos in to a grand army to destroy the world with. Especially as my free time is somewhat limited and I doubt I'll ever get the chance to play all of their campaigns, so at least getting the chance to play around with them in another Lords campaign would be the next best alternative.
    I don't think the buisness suits realize that confederation makes the game more replayable and dlc more valuable. Because value swaps to whether i will play as Specifically one lord.
  • Slugus#5078Slugus#5078 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 843
    Nyxilis said:

I personally don't want confederation for the WoC.

Second, this ultimately doesn't matter because you dno't even know if monos can confederate.

I am pretty sure I've seen confederate button when playing as N'Kari for the minor Slaanesh mono factions... which would indicate they could confederate another mono Slaanesh major faction potentially.
  • Nitros14#7973Nitros14#7973 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,897
    If you really want to play pokemon in WH3 mod it in but having it in the base game is offensively terrible.

Not sure why they need to be "corporate suits" making the decision... but lots of factions can confederate still, they just decided it wasn't an option for WoC and instead have focused on the idea of making the other factions your vassals, instead of working together flawlessly you need to manipulate or force them to work under you, where they may later work against you, won't always do exactly as you say etc.

I assume things like Azazel getting access to Slaanesh demons and units falls heavily under their own campaign mechanics as that LLD, while playing as another WoC LLD you might only be allowed to get Khorne demons and units. Then if you confederate Azazel then all of a sudden you have a Slaanesh LLD who can now only recruit Khorne units as that is tied to your faction.
    Nitros14 said:

If you really want to play pokemon in WH3 mod it in but having it in the base game is offensively terrible.

If you don't want it mod it out.
  • Nitros14#7973Nitros14#7973 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,897

Nitros14 said:

I am glad that CA at least sees reason even if half the forum doesn't.

Nitros14 said:

No need because it's not in the game?
    edited July 22
    Slugus said:

Nitros14 said:

No need because it's not in the game?
    Yea it is. Beast men can do it super easy too. So can greenies and norscans.