Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

To all my fellow #JusticeForTzeentch'ers!

Comments

• Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157 Registered Users Posts: 6,649
    Djau said:

Are people seriously saying without their justice for tzeentch this dlc with the warriors wouldn’t have been made????

Its probably a case of priority. I believe if people were genuinely happy with the Monogod rosters before release, the first DLC would have been Chaos Dwarves.
    Maybe.
    I’m not convinced. They knew everyone was disappointed in chaos since prerelease wh1.
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • Djau#5149Djau#5149 Registered Users Posts: 12,145

Djau said:

Are people seriously saying without their justice for tzeentch this dlc with the warriors wouldn’t have been made????

Its probably a case of priority. I believe if people were genuinely happy with the Monogod rosters before release, the first DLC would have been Chaos Dwarves.
    Maybe.
    I’m not convinced. They knew everyone was disappointed in chaos since prerelease wh1.
    Disappointment in Chaos meant that we were destined to get a WoC Lord Pack for sure. But I don't think CA quite intended the backlash they got to the Monogod rosters (while people actually liked the concept of Monogod races). Either CA figured these rosters were functional and good...or they ran out of budget when making the game and set aside a DLC to finish the half-finished races.

• Bayes#3307Bayes#3307 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,015
    edited July 22

Bayes said:

Bayes said:

Djau said:

Bayes said:

Djau said:

Djau said:

Not only did we get proper Tzeentch Mortals, but a truck load of proper looking Mortals for all the MonoGods.

Which means that our predictions that the MonoGods started heavy on daemons and would get Mortals trough DLC ended up being true.

The only scenario where they didn't get mortals was one where they didn't get DLC. I don't think anyone argued they wouldn't get DLC.
    Sotek and Great Book of Grudges did originally.
    Ahh. I stand corrected then. My mistake.

They'll probably argue that this isn't technically a Mono DLC, but that's a nothing argument.
    It isn't though. Its a Warriors of Chaos DLC. It just so happens that the units get kick-backed to Monos. But Monos don't benefit from this DLC in any other way.

To be frank, it isn't even a lord pack. Its 'Warriors of Chaos Race Pack 2.0' relaunch.
    The new Champions have marked mortals and daemons from their god with mechanics from their god. They are just a different flavor of monogods as far as I am concerned.
    It has four WoC LLs and coincides with a WoC rework. It also has a WoC FLC. Its a WoC DLC. Monogods benefit from it roster wise, but its strictly not a Mono dlc.

Given that CA did say that Monos will get DLC, which should mean that any time after Chaos Dwarves we could be set for a Mono DLC (either in 4 LL format or traditional)
    I agree that it is technically a WoC dlc.
    But they are properly hybrid factions not just WoC factions so they are in part a monogod faction, they even share units and characters except LLs. I have no doubt we will get more god aligned dlc, but when the next mortal LL arrived would you really be that bothered if it was another WoC dlc?
    WoC has 8 LLs, why the hell would I want a Race with 8 LLs to get more LLs over Races that only have 1?

Not to mention, that this are MonoGods, they need Mortal LLs, even more with the truck load of Mortals they are getting.

And I don't know you, but I prefer having LLs in Races that can confederate.
    Because the race they belong to does not matter, if they have the monogod flavor then isn’t that what matters? If everything was exactly the same, like exactly the same, but they belonged to monogods instead I bet you would be happy with it.

The confederation part I have to agree with, but if CA implements the pokemon mechanic hopefully sooner rather than later then that does not matter either.
    Except it absolutely matters, as I said, WoC at 8 LLs doesn't need anymore, the ones that need are the MonoGods at 1, Mortal LLs to lead their Mortal units.

The fact is that it wouldn't be the same, in the MonoGods the LLs would have to get new unique mechanics, they couldn't just slap MonoGod mechanics on them and call it a day, you are saying that it's okay for paid LLs to not get unique mechanics? Because that is what being in WoC ended up causing.

And CA literally said today in Discord that pokemoing isn't going to happen anytime soon because of all the complications it would mean, so no, that isn't acceptable at all and still wouldn't change the fact that I cannot start an Slaanesh campaign with Azazel.
    1. Monogods did not get any more LLs but they kind of did, the Champions are in part mono LLs even if they belong to WoC.
    2. The Champions do not have unique mechanics(unique tech tree and unique version of WoC mechanics though)but that has nothing to do with them being in WoC they could just as well had put them in monogods with WoC mechanics. It probably has more to do with there being 4 of them.
    3. the lack of confederation thing is a big problem I will grant you that.
    Djau said:

Bayes said:

Bayes said:

Djau said:

Bayes said:

Djau said:

Djau said:

Not only did we get proper Tzeentch Mortals, but a truck load of proper looking Mortals for all the MonoGods.

Which means that our predictions that the MonoGods started heavy on daemons and would get Mortals trough DLC ended up being true.

The only scenario where they didn't get mortals was one where they didn't get DLC. I don't think anyone argued they wouldn't get DLC.

They'll probably argue that this isn't technically a Mono DLC, but that's a nothing argument.
    It isn't though. Its a Warriors of Chaos DLC. It just so happens that the units get kick-backed to Monos. But Monos don't benefit from this DLC in any other way.

To be frank, it isn't even a lord pack. Its 'Warriors of Chaos Race Pack 2.0' relaunch.
    The new Champions have marked mortals and daemons from their god with mechanics from their god. They are just a different flavor of monogods as far as I am concerned.
    It has four WoC LLs and coincides with a WoC rework. It also has a WoC FLC. Its a WoC DLC. Monogods benefit from it roster wise, but its strictly not a Mono dlc.

Given that CA did say that Monos will get DLC, which should mean that any time after Chaos Dwarves we could be set for a Mono DLC (either in 4 LL format or traditional)
    But they are properly hybrid factions not just WoC factions so they are in part a monogod faction, they even share units and characters except LLs. I have no doubt we will get more god aligned dlc, but when the next mortal LL arrived would you really be that bothered if it was another WoC dlc?
    WoC has 8 LLs, why the hell would I want a Race with 8 LLs to get more LLs over Races that only have 1?

Not to mention, that this are MonoGods, they need Mortal LLs, even more with the truck load of Mortals they are getting.

And I don't know you, but I prefer having LLs in Races that can confederate.
    Because the race they belong to does not matter, if they have the monogod flavor then isn’t that what matters? If everything was exactly the same, like exactly the same, but they belonged to monogods instead I bet you would be happy with it.

The confederation part I have to agree with, but if CA implements the pokemon mechanic hopefully sooner rather than later then that does not matter either.
    Because you would actually be playing the race.

If Drycha was part of the High Elves, but had the entire Wood Elf/High Elf Rosters plus her Beasts, along with all of the Wood Elf Mechanics plus all of the High Elf mechanics...and the only Wood Elf LL was Orion who had no bespoke mechanic. Could we then consider that Drycha basically replaces the need for playing Wood Elves?

I understand where your coming from, on an LL basis, but I'm looking at this from a Race-wide basis. If the four Champions were put in Monos, it would give an alternative playstyle to the Monogod factions and still give a reason to play Monos; while the player could play Archaon, Sigvald, Kholek or Be'lakor in a Monogod way that still would be distinct from the actual Monogods.
    1. I think that is a fair comparison, but I would prefer it if you mentioned that the high elf mechanics were tailored to Drycha like the WoC mechanics are for the Champions. You have a point it would not quench the thirst for wood elves, but it would make you less thirsty than before you played.
    2. I do not really care from a race basis if they are hybrid factions, in that instance I do not care if they belong to one or the other. What I care about, what I always cared about is playing god themed mortal and deamon mixed armies, the Champions give me that, monogod or not.

Bayes said:

Djau said:

Bayes said:

Djau said:

Bayes said:

Djau said:

Djau said:

I would.

I want WoC Undivided, WoC-Mono, Monogod and DoC all with valid reasons to play with none of these overshadowing the other. I just don't feel Traditional Recruitment/Building + Cults/Unholy Manifestations is much of a selling point here.

This.
    One of the first things about Monos that Sotek and Great Book of Grudges said when they were revealed was that they couldn't see how Monos would get DLC.
    Yeah but isn’t that what we are getting now with mono WoC Champions? instead of cults and manifistations they have WoC mechanics instead, that makes them different. but they are still thematically monogods. Isn’t that the most important thing and not just the label.
    No, because they don't get all MonoGod mechanics or easy access to MonoGod units, heck, now you will see Valkia leading armies with mages of all things.

Sigvald was turned into an undivided character, how is that good in any way?
    1. It will be a different experience I do not see how that is a bad thing, I am not attched to the exact monogod experience we got at launch frankly the Champions monogods experience seems as good if not even better.
    2. I don’t care about sigvald and especially not if he is undivided or not.
  • JastalllJastalll Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,887
    Djau said:

I strongly doubt CA's content pipeline works like that. Those projects don't take a couple months to plan, pre-produce, produce, compile, QA, market and ship. The DLC was planned way ahead of WH3's release, they likely already knew they'd update Warriors of Chaos alongside IE's release later down the line so it makes sense to bring them up to speed with a DLC.

Perhaps the uproar made them pay special attention to Tzeentch's mortals, perhaps not. I do think CA could have saved themselves grief had they said the units would be visually updated for free when IE comes however.
  • Maedrethnir#1968Maedrethnir#1968 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 17,215
    It's hardly a win when the majority of the model is the same old retextured Chosen. Torso, arms and legs remain unchanged:

Full remodel like Khorne Skullcrushers would have been a win:

• Tennisgolfboll#5877Tennisgolfboll#5877 Registered Users Posts: 13,291
    Tzeentch!
    DTAPPSNZ said:

Djau said:

"Storm in a Tea Cup" hahaha.

Was over like.... 9 months ago.
    Was a stupid slogan to begin with. Clearly enough people cared about the issue to push through a solution.
    If people still remember it then it was obviously a great slogan. Even if their memories are exactly wrong.

Regardless, this was always going to happen. The storm in the teacup idea was ultimately half right, but the storm itself changed nothing.
    You and your Alt are so full of crap

Took me like 1 minutes to find you contradicting yourself.
    Lol

Vanilla has done stuff like this a gazillion times. Says this is how it is and it wont change yada yada. Then when it happens he moves the goal posts because he cant handle being wrong over and over.

The fact we got proper tzeentch warriors is awesome!
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • DatHomieSilverSurfer#4822DatHomieSilverSurfer#4822 Registered Users Posts: 312

Bayes said:

Djau said:

Djau said:

Yeah, this.

The DLC is all about adding a veritable cornucopia of marked content. I can see it mattering to some, but to me it doesn't.
    Yea, this is the same boat I’m in
  • Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 39,116
    edited July 22

Tzeentch!

DTAPPSNZ said:

Djau said:

Was a stupid slogan to begin with. Clearly enough people cared about the issue to push through a solution.
    If people still remember it then it was obviously a great slogan. Even if their memories are exactly wrong.

Regardless, this was always going to happen. The storm in the teacup idea was ultimately half right, but the storm itself changed nothing.

Lol

Vanilla has done stuff like this a gazillion times. Says this is how it is and it wont change yada yada. Then when it happens he moves the goal posts because he cant handle being wrong over and over.

People searching up my comment history is amazingly weird, and quite sad.

Especially awkward, and slightly lulzy is that comment is exactly right. We never got Tzeantch CW in Tzeentch's core roster.
    "It's no fun fighting people weaker than you." - The Beast

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Disciple of the Drybrush

Tzeentch!

DTAPPSNZ said:

Djau said:

Lol

Especially awkward, and slightly lulzy is that comment is exactly right. We never got Tzeantch CW in Tzeentch's core roster.
    Lol yeah sure keep telling yourself you were right.
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
    edited July 22

Tzeentch!

DTAPPSNZ said:

Djau said:

Lol

Oh, so we have Tzeentch Chaos Warriors in TWW3s base game!? Poggers! Please show me!

Regardless, this is just sad. I don't know why there's this obsession with me and I don't actually care.

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Disciple of the Drybrush

Tzeentch!

DTAPPSNZ said:

Djau said:

Lol

Oh, so we have Tzeentch Chaos Warriors in TWW3s base game!? Poggers! Please show me!

Regardless, this is just sad. I don't know why there's this obsession with me and I don't actually care.
    Obsession? Lol people dont know you. They dont really care. But it is amusing to see you claim something with certainty over and over only to see it happen a short while later.
  • ScreamimgEnvyScreamimgEnvy Registered Users Posts: 912
    DTAPPSNZ said:

Djau said:

Team Monogods - #JusticeForTzeentch

Jastalll said:

Djau said:

I strongly doubt CA's content pipeline works like that. Those projects don't take a couple months to plan, pre-produce, produce, compile, QA, market and ship. The DLC was planned way ahead of WH3's release, they likely already knew they'd update Warriors of Chaos alongside IE's release later down the line so it makes sense to bring them up to speed with a DLC.

Perhaps the uproar made them pay special attention to Tzeentch's mortals, perhaps not. I do think CA could have saved themselves grief had they said the units would be visually updated for free when IE comes however.
    The fact that WoC can settle in TWW3 right now says it all.

The fact that CA didn't even bother to address the teacup storm says it all. You're right, given this LP it would have been extremely easy to handle, but they didn't care enough to even do that.

Forum Terms & Conditions

• Nyxilis#3646Nyxilis#3646 Registered Users Posts: 7,650

Jastalll said:

Djau said:

The fact that WoC can settle in TWW3 right now says it all.

The fact that CA didn't even bother to address the teacup storm says it all. You're right, given this LP it would have been extremely easy to handle, but they didn't care enough to even do that.
    The twisted upside down logic here is kinda astounding.

"Hey guys, I know I've got this duffel bag of goal posts, that I'll shift it all about to make certain I just can't be wrong."

Vanilla was wrong, the others were right. Certain we'll here 50 other completely upside down falsehoods to service the vanity project.
  • DTAPPSNZ#5477DTAPPSNZ#5477 Registered Users Posts: 2,504

Tzeentch!

DTAPPSNZ said:

Djau said:

Lol

We are getting Tzeentch CW, its included for free in 2.0.

Because I don't have the memory of a goldfish I'm obsessed with you? Come off it, stop drinking your own Kool Aid mate.

If you stop contradicting yourself this wouldn't happen.
    Djau said:

Djau said:

Maybe.
    Disappointment in Chaos meant that we were destined to get a WoC Lord Pack for sure. But I don't think CA quite intended the backlash they got to the Monogod rosters (while people actually liked the concept of Monogod races). Either CA figured these rosters were functional and good...or they ran out of budget when making the game and set aside a DLC to finish the half-finished races.
    I reallllly doubt that they were going to do CD first. Just the fact that WoC in TWW3 can settle says a lot. I think this was intended well before launch. Indeed, I'd wager up till 2024 was planned out before launch.

Frankly I find it really hard to attribute any changes to backlash then because CA simply didn't react to it then. We found out that the only marked Warriors were in Khorne and that was that. No blog. No reasoning. No promise of "they'll be in". Nothing. There's no line to be drawn from then to now.

Forum Terms & Conditions

Djau said:

Djau said:

Maybe.
    I reallllly doubt that they were going to do CD first. Just the fact that WoC in TWW3 can settle says a lot. I think this was intended well before launch. Indeed, I'd wager up till 2024 was planned out before launch.

Frankly I find it really hard to attribute any changes to backlash then because CA simply didn't react to it then. We found out that the only marked Warriors were in Khorne and that was that. No blog. No reasoning. No promise of "they'll be in". Nothing. There's no line to be drawn from then to now.
    Lol who are you trying to convince with this? We all know you were wrong. It is okay mate. You can move the goalposts all you like but you arent fooling anyone.
  • EarthDragonEarthDragon Registered Users Posts: 1,180

We won, buddy, was a hard battle, some people Said we were fools, whiners, they said we lose, but now we are laughing, and they all burn in hell

Aren’t you the one wanting to burn in hell? Tzeentch……fire……

We won, buddy, was a hard battle, some people Said we were fools, whiners, they said we lose, but now we are laughing, and they all burn in hell

Pain is winning.

We also got the stuff we were always going to get post launch, so poggers.

Forum Terms & Conditions

It's hardly a win when the majority of the model is the same old retextured Chosen. Torso, arms and legs remain unchanged:

Depends on the price really.

Forum Terms & Conditions

• Maedrethnir#1968Maedrethnir#1968 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 17,215

The thing is I doubt there is a reality where I would choose lower price for less unique models.
  • Veldrinar#2882Veldrinar#2882 Registered Users Posts: 650
    And this, boys and girls, is why we praise the god of change. Only through Tzeentch can we see hope for the future.
    edited July 22

The thing is I doubt there is a reality where I would choose lower price for less unique models.
    In the end it doesnt matter to me what cost they put in. What matters is the result.

And what ive seen so far i like.

An example

Two models:
    Unique model cost 10 times what the other did. Which do i want to buy? The one i prefer. I dont care it is less unique if i prefer it. I dont care if it cost CA next to nothing to make it.

And the feeling i get from what ive seen of this dlc...every time i look at the units i get a little more impressed. I just get that warhammer feels.

• Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157 Registered Users Posts: 6,649
    Jastalll said:

Djau said:

Instead of being silent on the blue warrior placeholder in the video, they should have said something.

But this is CA, they don’t talk before they want to.

We also got the stuff we were always going to get post launch, so poggers.
    Yep.
  • Reeks#2417Reeks#2417 Registered Users Posts: 10,253
    "Storm in a teacup hurr durr"

LOL

Demented...

Nurgle is love

Nurgle is life

#JusticeForNurglingForumAvatars
    edited July 22
    Reeks said:

Storm in a teacup

LOL

Demented...

Yeah.
  • Bayes#3307Bayes#3307 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,015

I see the cost cutting CA has done. But in the end it doesnt matter to me what cost they put in. What matters is the result.

And what ive seen so far i like.
    Exactly.

Jastalll said:

Djau said:

Instead of being silent on the blue warrior placeholder in the video, they should have said something.

That's the thing. They never bothered to talk about it.

Marked CW were obviously always going to come. There's just no line between the SiaT and this.

Forum Terms & Conditions

Jastalll said:

Djau said:

That's the thing. They never bothered to talk about it.

Marked CW were obviously always going to come. There's just no line between the SiaT and this.
    CA brews a good storm.
This discussion has been closed.