Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Reddit users are disappointed about the Nurgle Mortals being cheap and lazy

ScreamimgEnvyScreamimgEnvy Registered Users Posts: 912
edited July 28 in General Discussion

Team Monogods - #JusticeForTzeentch

Post edited by dge1 on
Tagged:

Comments

• WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 6,079
    Aren't folks already doing the same thing over here? Why care that reddit is as well?
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    Me when I see a LL character implemented as a LH.

Warhammer Deserves Naval Battles

• PoorManatee6197PoorManatee6197 Registered Users Posts: 2,491
    Interesting how you dont show the upvotes of those posts.
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Karaz Bryn, Karag Dum, Karak Vlag, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

All those missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!

IT'S HOBGOBBO TIME!!!!!!!
    #JusticeForKurgan
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,417
    Try sorting by hot instead of new....
  • nyobiennyobien Registered Users Posts: 326
    Bayes said:

There is some people who are, but it is not like it is the majority. The highest upvoted posts are positive.

Honeymoon phase still going strong. They think the Nurgle sorcerer is brand new

Remove agents/heroes from the campaign map like Three Kingdoms did. They are not fun and only serve to make the game more tedious. Nobody finishes campaigns because of how tedious the late game becomes with things like this to manage every turn.

Grudges:

6 years old Lord of Change with unimpressive animations. CA hid the exalted one until launch and lied that it was like Kairos's: https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/qak83o/so_turns_out_the_lord_of_change_in_the_trailer/.

CA put the Champions of Chaos LLs in WoC instead of monogods to save money on unique campaign mechanics

• Nitros14#7973Nitros14#7973 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,638
    The people whining are in the minority they look fine.
  • SusaVile#9835SusaVile#9835 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,419
    Typically the same people post the same post both here and on Reddit.

It just makes me think someone is trying to push that idea through regardless. I have seen several posts here with more than double disagrees compared to the agrees. The models are just fine for a lot of the community, and the DLC seems very interesting in itself, let alone with the full chaos rework at the same time.

You wish to add your opinion regarding the unit models? Fine, it is your opinion and it is valued. But do not try and make it look like a bigger issue than it actually is.

Instead, speak of the mechanics, or of how interesting some of the characters and starting locations are. Would definitely be more worth the time and discussion.
    Always learning, be polite, unless he's the enemy:P
    Cheers
    SusaVile
    Total war youtuber
  • Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 38,460
    edited July 27
    This is the forum. Not Reddit.

I took a gander and the top posts are seemingly pro Nurgle.

I can't be bothered looking beyond there, but out of the top 5 posts 4 are to do with nurgle, and 3 of those are positive. So this thread is simply not accurate.
    Post edited by BillyRuffian#6250 on
    "It's no fun fighting people weaker than you." - The Beast

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Disciple of the Drybrush

• SnakeMajinSnakeMajin Registered Users Posts: 590
    I think you meant "some reddit users".

Let's say the posts you're showing us have a mild success compared to others that are either neutral or praising the thing.
  • cabal133cabal133 Registered Users Posts: 15
    Why are you doing this?
  • KrabbzKrabbz FranceRegistered Users Posts: 591
    **** post... again.
  • BillybabelBillybabel Registered Users Posts: 772
    Bayes said:

There is some people who are, but it is not like it is the majority. The highest upvoted posts are positive.

even the top comments in the positive threads amount to "it looks good, but not nurgly enough" which I think is fair. They don't look bad, but they don't look good either.
  • Slugus#5078Slugus#5078 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 724
    Nurgle Sorcerer Lord looks awesome, fully aboard the HYPE TRAIN, can't wait for this DLC and IE to drop!
  • SusaVile#9835SusaVile#9835 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,419

I can't be bothered looking beyond there, but out of the top 5 posts 4 are to do with nurgle, and 3 of those are positive. So this thread is simply not accurate.

Exactly.

Unfortunately, my initial theory seems to be true. Someone is trying to push their own opinion through, without realizing they might be in the minority...
    Always learning, be polite, unless he's the enemy:P
    Cheers
    SusaVile
    Total war youtuber

Bayes said:

even the top comments in the positive threads amount to "it looks good, but not nurgly enough" which I think is fair. They don't look bad, but they don't look good either.
    Well, I'm not sure that means much in terms of the community's overall feelings.

Top comments saying such things reach 10% of the post upvotes. On other subjects I've seen comments with an opposite opinion gathering more or double the upvotes from the post.
  • IceDIceD Member NetherlandsRegistered Users Posts: 669
    I am reserving complete judgement until ive seen them ingame but i will never, never understand people who defend companies by taking shortcuts. You are paying for this, why dont you want quality? Its like your boss saying well, we could give you a 500$ raise but here’s a 100$ And you go like … yes master, thank you master.

Why do you defend this? I truly, will never understand.
    Fear me, mortals, for I am the Anointed, the Favoured Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall. - Archaon, Lord of the End Times.

TEAM - CHAOS
  • Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157 Registered Users Posts: 6,527
    Bayes said:

Sounds reasonable.
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • destroyer67115destroyer67115 Registered Users Posts: 1,357
    Dude. Look how dumb half the posts you shared are too.

They were expecting fat bloated guys with tentacles like the blight Kings.

Legitimately people don't know the difference between blight Kings and woc
  • Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157 Registered Users Posts: 6,527

People always think of the blight kings I think.

Anyway, so many units, fun for all…
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • Slugus#5078Slugus#5078 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 724
    IceD said:

I am reserving complete judgement until ive seen them ingame but i will never, never understand people who defend companies by taking shortcuts. You are paying for this, why dont you want quality? Its like your boss saying well, we could give you a 500$ raise but here’s a 100$ And you go like … yes master, thank you master.

Because this is quality to me, I am loving what I am seeing, the WoC rework, the IE changes tweaks to races, the 2 new LLDs released so far, the mass of new units available both to WoC and to Mono factions.

I don't understand all the people complaining, a year ago I never dreamt Chaos would be fleshed out so completely and now it's almost here and nothing all the whiners say can keep me from being super excited about this release.

It's like your boss not promising you anything, then all of a sudden saying, here is a fancy new office chair AND a snack machine in the break room... and that snack machine is packed full of Chaos goodies! But if you expect CA to pay you money, then I am sure you'll be disappointed.
  • Cochus1Cochus1 Registered Users Posts: 164
    It has become a tendency to try to create the feeling of a disgusted community by making lots of new threads about the same thing.
    If they create a post each time instead of comment on the already created threads it saturate the forum with complains post and gives a wrong image of the community feeling
  • nyobiennyobien Registered Users Posts: 326
    SusaVile said:

Typically the same people post the same post both here and on Reddit.

It just makes me think someone is trying to push that idea through regardless. I have seen several posts here with more than double disagrees compared to the agrees. The models are just fine for a lot of the community, and the DLC seems very interesting in itself, let alone with the full chaos rework at the same time.

You wish to add your opinion regarding the unit models? Fine, it is your opinion and it is valued. But do not try and make it look like a bigger issue than it actually is.

Instead, speak of the mechanics, or of how interesting some of the characters and starting locations are. Would definitely be more worth the time and discussion.

A lot of people think it's fine because they don't realise that the only new thing is the helmet. If they saw a side by side I guarantee you a lot of people would change sides.

Everyone thought the Nurgle sorcerer was brand new initially and it turns out it's only a new helmet and badge.

Remove agents/heroes from the campaign map like Three Kingdoms did. They are not fun and only serve to make the game more tedious. Nobody finishes campaigns because of how tedious the late game becomes with things like this to manage every turn.

Grudges:

6 years old Lord of Change with unimpressive animations. CA hid the exalted one until launch and lied that it was like Kairos's: https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/qak83o/so_turns_out_the_lord_of_change_in_the_trailer/.

CA put the Champions of Chaos LLs in WoC instead of monogods to save money on unique campaign mechanics

edited July 27
    IceD said:

You put it like defenders believe it is bad but defend it nonetheless.

Things are more simple : people have different expectations and a different opinion on what "quality" is. Defenders of these units like what they see, it's as simple as that.

That's obviously not a Tzeentch Knights scenario so get down your high horses. Who are you to say they don't like quality ?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 38,460
    SusaVile said:

Exactly.

Unfortunately, my initial theory seems to be true. Someone is trying to push their own opinion through, without realizing they might be in the minority...
    I vaguely remember the same thread being made here in the past.

Personally I don't care about Reddit.
    "It's no fun fighting people weaker than you." - The Beast

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Disciple of the Drybrush

• MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,951
    edited July 27
    They are finally waking up, but like @Bayes said, the posts with most 'likes' are positive. There are users who genuinely think these models are new. Hopefully, they will learn. Hopefully, they will care.
  • christimchristim Registered Users Posts: 62
    IceD said:

I agree with waiting and seeing.

I want a fun good looking game. I don't get people caring about reskins as much. Someone mentioned if people saw undivided and nurgle warriors they would get annoyed. This is alien to me, if they look cool they look cool. My view is that they need to look cool, I don't care if that takes CA 10 hours or they find a shortcut and it takes 1.

Weirdly I have the reverse feeling as you. Some people come across as wanting new models more than they want them to look cool. I can understand not liking how something looks, I can't understand the flaw being that they reused old code if the model looks good.
  • destroyer67115destroyer67115 Registered Users Posts: 1,357
    Mattock said:

I think you research more into nurgle warriors. Are blightkings fat with tentacles, yes, but if you look at every representation of nurgle warriors they have disteneded stomachs. Maybe not to the same degree as the blighkings but still beer bellies covered with a gut plate or ruptured stomachs:

etc etc, this is not something they introduced with blight kings, its one of nurgles most recognisable blessings, along with rot a decay.

Realisitcally they weren't going to create new skeletons for the warriors or the chosen but they definitely could have increased the rot and decay, as well as added gut plates to them to show that they are blessed by nurgle.
    You know you literally only sent one bloated one that isn't a blight king. The rest look like normal woc.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • OathbearerOathbearer Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 105
    Bayes said:

Before the reveal, the highest upvoted posts were topics full of examples of Nurgelified Warriors and Chosen (who weren't Blight Kings).

The Total War community spins on a dime from hatred to fanboyism of CA.
This discussion has been closed.