Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

My bet on which are going to be the legendary lords of the monogod factions

Nihil515Nihil515 Registered Users Posts: 222
Assuming that the minimum number of characters is 4, I will only say three lords of each faction and I bet a black leg Estalian ham that I hit all of them:

Nurgle:
Glotkin
Tarmukhan
Epidemius (FLC)

Khorne:
Arbaal the undefeated
Scyla
Skulltaker (FLC)

Slaanesh:
Dechala
The masque (FLC)
Styrkaar

Tzeentch:
Egrim Van Horstmann
The Blue Scribes (FLC)
Aekold Helbrass

I think these characters are guaranteed, which is good news. Although I will miss a lot:
Valnir the reaper, but I think Glotkin and Tarmukhan are more popular so he will be forgotten.

Comments

• mecanojavi99#6562mecanojavi99#6562 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 11,215
    Why would they get only 4? Go big or go home, add as many as possible.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 39,088
    With 4 Monogod LLs going to WoC it's a hard task to get a lot of Monos to 4.

Strkar, Scyla, and even Aekold are examples of really weak characters. At that point they'd just be adding stuff for the sake of adding stuff. The only Mono with a legitimate, good 3 characters to add is Nurgle.
    "It's no fun fighting people weaker than you." - The Beast

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Disciple of the Drybrush

• Nihil515Nihil515 Registered Users Posts: 222

I am not saying that there are only four, I am saying that the minimum is four and therefore that is what I am going to bet (only 3 per faction).

Hopefully there will be more, but I doubt they will release many more because, for example, Amon Chakai is redundant, and besides, the map is going to be filled with chaos characters.
  • Prkl8r#9998Prkl8r#9998 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,242
    Nihil515 said:

Assuming that the minimum number of characters is 4, I will only say three lords of each faction and I bet a black leg Estalian ham that I hit all of them:

Nurgle:
    Glotkin
    Tarmukhan
    Epidemius (FLC)

Khorne:
    Arbaal the undefeated
    Scyla
    Skulltaker (FLC)

Slaanesh:
    Dechala
    The masque (FLC)
    Styrkaar

Tzeentch:
    Egrim Van Horstmann
    The Blue Scribes (FLC)
    Aekold Helbrass

I think these characters are guaranteed, which is good news. Although I will miss a lot:
    Valnir the reaper, but I think Glotkin and Tarmukhan are more popular so he will be forgotten.

lol This is less of a prediction and more of just picking the remaining options. You basically can't lose.

Strkar, Scyla, and even Aekold are examples of really weak characters. At that point they'd just be adding stuff for the sake of adding stuff. The only Mono with a legitimate, good 3 characters to add is Nurgle.

Thankfully, you have no saying on what gets added, so your opinion on who is a character or how many LLs they can get is meaningles, CA has been very lear that as long as we buy they will keep adding content.
    - Anonymous
    Prkl8r said:

Nihil515 said:

Nurgle:
    Glotkin
    Tarmukhan
    Epidemius (FLC)

Khorne:
    Arbaal the undefeated
    Scyla
    Skulltaker (FLC)

Slaanesh:
    Dechala
    The masque (FLC)
    Styrkaar

Tzeentch:
    Egrim Van Horstmann
    The Blue Scribes (FLC)
    Aekold Helbrass

lol This is less of a prediction and more of just picking the remaining options. You basically can't lose.
    Well, if you look at the Lore there are many characters, but in the end I have chosen only those that have had a miniature. I think they almost always choose these characters. That's why I can't lose.
    Nihil515 said:

I am not saying that there are only four, I am saying that the minimum is four and therefore that is what I am going to bet (only 3 per faction).

Hopefully there will be more, but I doubt they will release many more because, for example, Amon Chakai is redundant, and besides, the map is going to be filled with chaos characters.
    Who said anything about Amon Chakai?

We have Melekh and Galrauch for Tzeentch as well, Grutrot and Valmir for Nurgle, Hargoth, Skarr and Egil for Khorne...

You just need to dig enough and you will keep finding characters.
    - Anonymous
    Nihil515 said:

Prkl8r said:

Nihil515 said:

Nurgle:
    Glotkin
    Tarmukhan
    Epidemius (FLC)

Khorne:
    Arbaal the undefeated
    Scyla
    Skulltaker (FLC)

Slaanesh:
    Dechala
    The masque (FLC)
    Styrkaar

Tzeentch:
    Egrim Van Horstmann
    The Blue Scribes (FLC)
    Aekold Helbrass

Well, if you look at the Lore there are many characters, but in the end I have chosen only those that have had a miniature. I think they almost always choose these characters. That's why I can't lose.
    Alberic, Khatep, N'Kari, Ku'Gath, Cylostra, Luthor, Aranessa, Noctilus...

None of this ever had a miniature, so that is certainly not a requirement.
    - Anonymous

Nihil515 said:

Who said anything about Amon Chakai?

We have Melekh and Galrauch for Tzeentch as well, Grutrot and Valmir for Nurgle, Hargoth, Skarr and Egil for Khorne...

You just need to dig enough and you will keep finding characters.
    Well friend, that's the interesting thing, I can fail. I think I can make a mistake in Tzeentch, for example if they put Galrauch instead of Aekold, or if they put Skarr in Khorne. But I assume those mistakes, and I bet on what I say.
  • Wood_Sprite#1284Wood_Sprite#1284 Registered Users Posts: 297
    Scyla is not LL material, more like LH.
    My optimistic predictions:

RoC map will get expanded.
    Ind and Khuresh will get added to the game.
    CA will support the game for more than 5 years.

VOTE FOR MORE TREES ON CAMPAIGN MAP
    - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/320355/more-foliage-models-for-the-campaign-map

Nihil515 said:

Prkl8r said:

Nihil515 said:

Nurgle:
    Glotkin
    Tarmukhan
    Epidemius (FLC)

Khorne:
    Arbaal the undefeated
    Scyla
    Skulltaker (FLC)

Slaanesh:
    Dechala
    The masque (FLC)
    Styrkaar

Tzeentch:
    Egrim Van Horstmann
    The Blue Scribes (FLC)
    Aekold Helbrass

Alberic, Khatep, N'Kari, Ku'Gath, Cylostra, Luthor, Aranessa, Noctilus...

None of this ever had a miniature, so that is certainly not a requirement.
    Dude read it well, I have written almost. I did not say that it is a requirement.
  • Djau#5149Djau#5149 Registered Users Posts: 12,143

So was Nakai.

I honestly disagree. By logic and common sense Ariel should be a legendary Lord and she is a Hero. Scyla is supposed to be a monster that unleashes so much rage that entire khorne armies follow him. They have such an excuse to sell Scyla as Legendary Lord.

And why do I think they want to sell Scyla as a Legendary Lord? From the way he looks, I think he sells a lot more than any other character. In the end, those of us who are crazy about lore talk create a lot of noise, but we are not the main target, which is much broader.

Most consumers simply go by the visual appeal of the characters.
  • GoblinDoomStackGoblinDoomStack Registered Users Posts: 314
    O really hope we don’t end up with 8 WoC races and 16 Monogod races for a total of 24 factions devoted to one or two army books (6th edition ftw)

Can we have 28 skaven factions? 8 for skaven and 4 each for five different clans?

I’m sorry but it’s too much!
    edited August 2

O really hope we don’t end up with 8 WoC races and 16 Monogod races for a total of 24 factions devoted to one or two army books (6th edition ftw)

Can we have 28 skaven factions? 8 for skaven and 4 each for five different clans?

The truth is that it would be a pain in the ass to fill everything with Chaos characters.
    Post edited by dge1 on
  • BeargodBeargod Registered Users Posts: 452
    Not Valkia and Azazel thats for sure.

Nihil515 said:

I honestly disagree. By logic and common sense Ariel should be a legendary Lord and she is a Hero. Scyla is supposed to be a monster that unleashes so much rage that entire khorne armies follow him. They have such an excuse to sell Scyla as Legendary Lord.

And why do I think they want to sell Scyla as a Legendary Lord? From the way he looks, I think he sells a lot more than any other character. In the end, those of us who are crazy about lore talk create a lot of noise, but we are not the main target, which is much broader.

Djau said:

So was Nakai.
    Well Nakai is capable of thinking, Scyla is not.

How would they have Scyla interact with other factions? It can't talk, it can't reason, and it's a pet of some tribe.

- https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/320355/more-foliage-models-for-the-campaign-map
  • SerPus#7395SerPus#7395 Registered Users Posts: 9,688

How would they have Scyla interact with other factions?

Kill them all.

Nihil515 said:

Djau said:

So was Nakai.

How would they have Scyla interact with other factions? It can't talk, it can't reason, and it's a pet of some tribe.
    No diplomacy, only war. Why having diplomacy being of khorne?
    Nihil515 said:

Nihil515 said:

Djau said:

So was Nakai.

No diplomacy, only war. Why having diplomacy being of khorne?
    :wink: Not a serious argument then.

• destroyer67115destroyer67115 Registered Users Posts: 1,357
    Scyla is a good hero character I doubt him as a LL.

I expect skarr bloodwrath for khorne.

Egil styrbjorn if we are lucky.

For nurgle I fully expect valnir. Maybe even gutrot.

For tzeentch I expect gaulrauch BEFORE aekold.

If you are wrong it will be

1. Scyla, and/or 2. Styrkaar.

I might be willing to take your bet. I'm pretty confident scyla will be a hero.
  • TheTrue_LordAndyTheTrue_LordAndy Registered Users Posts: 985
    Nihil515 said:

Nurgle:
    Glotkin
    Tarmukhan
    Epidemius (FLC)

I actually think Gutrot Spume is likely for Nurgle and will bring the fan requested Bloated/ More heavily mutated warriors/mortals
  • Otters007#7127Otters007#7127 Registered Users Posts: 1,604
    I really, really want Arbaal and the Glotkin.
  • AlchimistAlchimist Registered Users Posts: 390
    Grydal or Urlfdaemonkin would be far better options than Scyla for Khorne.
    edited July 29

Thankfully, you have no saying on what gets added, so your opinion on who is a character or how many LLs they can get is meaningles
    Shrug. This could be said of the everyone and every comment on the forum. If you think everyone's opinion is meaningless that's'all good, but it has no relation to the topic at hand and I'm not interested.

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Disciple of the Drybrush

Djau said:

So was Nakai.
    Nakai's vastly better than Scyla. Vastly.

Nakai also had the content for an LP. After Arbaaaaal is added there's really not much outside of X of Y Spam for Khorne.

Forum Terms & Conditions

I would think Monos will get 1 FLC and 1-2 DLC LLs each. Nurgle's the only one you can really argue to get 2 LPs now.

Maths is hard, but 3x3+4=13 for Monos, plus 8 for WoC, 21. Not toooo bad.

Forum Terms & Conditions

• Djau#5149Djau#5149 Registered Users Posts: 12,143

So was Nakai.

Nihil515 said:

Djau said:

So was Nakai.

That was the same with Kroxigors in TT.

Otters007 said:

I really, really want Arbaal and the Glotkin.

Everyone does smile :). I'm sure they'll come!

Forum Terms & Conditions

• Mini_Banana#2862Mini_Banana#2862 Registered Users Posts: 399

It's a lot more interesting to discuss lord picks with some sort of reasonable condition, otherwise it would literally just be a person posting a list of characters for each god.... which we've all seen plenty of times