Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Things need to be fixed before IE launch

fankaterfankater Registered Users Posts: 54
1. Corruption edges of campaign map.
2. Blury antialiasing
3. Bullets/arrows low quality trails.
4. Very performance consuming effects.

Whats your picks?

Comments

• Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157 Registered Users Posts: 6,526
    I don’t mind about the corruption, resources where needed imo.

Not sure what number 2 is.

I find their trails not too obtrusive, with being able to see them.

Yes.

I just want ie, whatever state it’s in.
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 12,951
    Sieges
    AI
    Balance
    UI
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • alpharender33#2889alpharender33#2889 Registered Users Posts: 392
    Sieges need an overhaul, they mke the extremely tedious. Arrow trails can be fixed by setting VFX to Ultra but that is very performance intensive. No idea why they did that.
  • 55JoNNo55JoNNo Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    Sieges - too many of those minor battles I think we can all agree they over-corrected
    Race-specific artwork on settlement capture
    Campaign map performance / overkill particle effects
    Keep turn times optimised

Bohemond for game 3 please!

• BloodydaggerBloodydagger Registered Users Posts: 4,595
    Performance
    Thanquol being implemented
  • Wood_Sprite#1284Wood_Sprite#1284 Registered Users Posts: 271
    I just hope they fix the performance on campaign map. Sub-30 fps with a 3060Ti is no good.
    My optimistic predictions:

RoC map will get expanded.
    Ind and Khuresh will get added to the game.
    CA will support the game for more than 5 years.

VOTE FOR MORE TREES ON CAMPAIGN MAP
    - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/320355/more-foliage-models-for-the-campaign-map
  • GoblinDoomStackGoblinDoomStack Registered Users Posts: 314
    Sieges and UI.

Also if there’s anything they can do to make the visuals seem less cartoony/arcade/mobile game
  • whatabs#4509whatabs#4509 Registered Users Posts: 214

Sieges - Too many and too tedious

Buildable tower defense crap - only in the beginning of the battle

UI - Bring Bck WH2 UI

Map Performance

Cartoony graphics - Nurgle models look way oversaturated and Map is also WOW / Cartoony which is not how battle maps are so there is huge discrepancy between 2 art styles in the same game for NO reason

Removal of the bloom effects from metal weapons and armor - they look like everything is glowing. That's not how metal reflection works

Nurgle Chosen and Chaos Warriors need unique look, not lazy moss re-texture

Races Intros on the selection screen (after a race has been selected)

Bring back Ethereal units to 75% resistance like they were before (WTF they were thinking with that 55% bs.. having regular armor is better than that, who in the world is telling those STUPID design choices?? In the tabletop they could not even be hurt AT ALL unless you had magical weapons or spells)

Ethereal units should vanish after they die
  • podelapinpodelapin Registered Users Posts: 18
    edited July 31
    Cannot agree more with OP and last poster :
    1. Blury antialiasing
    2. Bullets/arrows low quality trails.
    3. Very performance consuming effects/campagn map optimization
    4. Buildable tower defense crap - only in the beginning of the battle
    5-UI - Bring Bck WH2 UI
    6-Cartoony graphics - Nurgle models look way oversaturated and Map is also WOW / Cartoony which is not how battle maps are so there is huge discrepancy between 2 art styles in the same game for NO reason

That's a lot but... it's necessary in my opinion if CA wants a solid active playerBase (which means better sellings of DLC).
    (Got obviously all DLC so far, but for THE 1ST time, I won't buy the chaos one. I'll wait. So disappointed after TWW3 launching...)
  • SemtexOro#2225SemtexOro#2225 Registered Users Posts: 85
    Sieges. Remove towers, figure out better siege mechanic.
    +1 for better arrow trails.
  • eomat#7953eomat#7953 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,834

I just hope they fix the performance on campaign map. Sub-30 fps with a 3060Ti is no good.

I'm seeing this too on an RTX3080. Can't understand why the FPS is so bad. I get 130FPS in Vermintide 2
  • nyobiennyobien Registered Users Posts: 326
    They accidentally put the new lords in the wrong races so they should fix that ASAP

Remove agents/heroes from the campaign map like Three Kingdoms did. They are not fun and only serve to make the game more tedious. Nobody finishes campaigns because of how tedious the late game becomes with things like this to manage every turn.

Grudges:

6 years old Lord of Change with unimpressive animations. CA hid the exalted one until launch and lied that it was like Kairos's: https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/qak83o/so_turns_out_the_lord_of_change_in_the_trailer/.

CA put the Champions of Chaos LLs in WoC instead of monogods to save money on unique campaign mechanics

• capybarasiesta89#4722capybarasiesta89#4722 Senior Member Edinburgh, ScotlandRegistered Users Posts: 5,430
    Ogre mass issues one of, easily worst race to play especially melee, ranged is obviously fine. Especially in sieges and minor settlements awful.
    h1feizw8yzk6.jpg
  • toskyruntoskyrun Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 644
    podelapin said:

Cannot agree more with OP and last poster :
    1. Blury antialiasing
    2. Bullets/arrows low quality trails.
    3. Very performance consuming effects/campagn map optimization
    4. Buildable tower defense crap - only in the beginning of the battle

+1
  • StoreslemStoreslem Registered Users Posts: 783
    Start positions in southlands. Switch grimgor with skarbrand
  • kasap43kasap43 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5
    Aı need to recruit more armies. On very hard difficulty skaven clans only 10-15 units. Most ai factions recruit only tier 1 units.
  • VenefcusVenefcus Registered Users Posts: 264
    First and foremost, performance on the campaign map. Its insane, I do just fine on battles, and when i first enter the campaign map. My benchmark has me holding 60+ frames just fine. Yet as I play in practice, the slowdown is VERY obvious.

After that, Sieges.
  • UgandaJimUgandaJim Registered Users Posts: 687
    Venefcus said:

First and foremost, performance on the campaign map. Its insane, I do just fine on battles, and when i first enter the campaign map. My benchmark has me holding 60+ frames just fine. Yet as I play in practice, the slowdown is VERY obvious.

After that, Sieges.

I have a 3090 and Campaign Map performance is just bad. It seems they invested nothing in optimization. Even Star Citizen has better fps now ...
  • DTAPPSNZ#5477DTAPPSNZ#5477 Registered Users Posts: 2,361
    Good news is they are looking at a corruption visual fix. Probably wont happen by IE though.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Shogun_SanjuroShogun_Sanjuro Registered Users Posts: 344
    Optimisation is my mine gripe.

Even now after 1.3, I can still run WH2 20fps better than I can WH3 on the same settings.

WH3, I've had to turn them down and they STILL don't help peformance.

It feels like playing Attila all over again.
  • Valkaar#2507Valkaar#2507 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,555
    Sieges are my biggest concern atm.

Yes, fixing corruption and how particle effects affect performance would also be nice (almost necessary for the Blood DLC specifically).

^But if those latter issues remained but Sieges were properly addressed, I'd be a pretty happy camper. Whereas if they fix those performance tweaks, but haven't changed Sieges, then that will still be a major concern of mine.
  • OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 10,096
    1. Cathay's Bastions and all Faction Settlements "Upgrading" their towers in revers order from Best To Worst at Level 5
    2. Ogre Meat buildings not working properly.
    3. Slaanesh not being able to engage in diplomacy with Beastmen

• OldblackeyesOldblackeyes Registered Users Posts: 210
  • PTreePTree Registered Users Posts: 966
    High Elves Realm shields to match those in the army books - not the stripy pyjamas currently used.

Remove the saturation of chaos corruption - graphical. It makes the campaign map look like a patch quilt.

WH2 UI instead of the WH3 one

Player-only Confederations - or temporary confederations - 5/10 turns or something. Currently Confeds break the game badly.

Less sieges, more battles.

• eomat#7953eomat#7953 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,834
    Number 1. It looks like a chess board when two corruption types meet at a region border.

Optimisation. Very bad FPS on Campaign map.

• Mazisky#3267Mazisky#3267 Registered Users Posts: 1,184
    eomat said:

Number 1. It looks like a chess board when two corruption types meet at a region border.

Optimisation. Very bad FPS on Campaign map.

Yeah, that will be extremely noticeable in Immortal Empires with all those Chaos factions and different corruptions spreading around.

Good news is that they already planned a fix.
  • Surge_2#1464Surge_2#1464 Registered Users Posts: 11,250
    Minor Sieges will strangle IE.
    Kneel

• IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 5,740
    Surge_2 said:

Minor Sieges will strangle IE.

yes, they need to leave. or make them tier 3 minor settlements only. but yes, minor sieges killed wh3 chaos campaign, well that and the rifts/camapign itself.
    *Justice, cats and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!
    *Bring back settlement conquering artworks!
    *Gnoblar Carpet for Greesus
    *Improve UI

• Myloween#4717Myloween#4717 Registered Users Posts: 17
    1. High CPU consuming battle VFX effects.
    2. Pathfinding issues.
    3. Corruption edges blending on campaign map.
    4. TAA issues.