Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ted trouble

justyhawkjustyhawk Senior MemberPosts: 455Registered Users
Hi I'm trying to get to grips with the new map editor and I need help!

I'm not sure how to pan the camera up or down although I have done it by accident somehow that I can't seem to reproduce. It's flipped from a straight across the battle field view to a looking down form above at a nice angle.

I looked through the keys in the manual, I'm not sure if it's just me but some of the mouse controls in the manual don't work for me either.

I would appreciate any help, thankyou.
Post edited by justyhawk on

Comments

• justyhawkjustyhawk Senior Member Posts: 455Registered Users
    edited May 2012
    Also I've noticed that after a time I can't seem to lower the height I'm viewing at, I can go up but not down.

Is it just me? Am I being a total noob at this?

I am a total noob!
  • S2totalwarfanS2totalwarfan Senior Member Posts: 153Registered Users
    edited May 2012
    to sway the camera: press the right mouse button, the wheel(middle mouse button), and move the mouse in the direction that u want to sway
    to zoom in and out: press the right mouse button, sway the camera in the direction u want to zoom into, and scroll up or down the wheel to zoom in or out

hope that helps :)
    works for me at lease :P

EDIT: sometimes u can use X and Z to move up and down although it doesnt always work for me(not sure why)
    The Uesugi Clan is looking for loyal recruits that are willing to fight for the clan in multiplayer battles, to strive for dominance and be the most powerful clan of japan. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/uesugi_clan
    edited May 2012
    For some reason the middle mouse button doesn't do anything.

I have a cyber sniper mouse and it all works fine but not with ted it seems, frustrating!

I take it there are no keyboard commands to tilt the cam. For some reason though like I said before the cam flips to a really good downward tilt but then I can't untilt.

I've looked through the pdf. doc but drawn a blank.
  • CuchulainnCuchulainn Member Posts: 61Registered Users
    edited May 2012
    At the bottom right, youll see an eyeball (usually starts of TEd this way), click on it and select global icon or the one that looks like a world. To turn the camera, use the Q and E keys, to zoom in, the mouse wheal. To fix the camera in a certain vertical position (like looking up or down) you must double click the mouse wheel at. Play with all this and see what ya get.

Note: some options like putting down trees seems to lock the camera in place only allowing you to use the mouse wheel to double click to turn the camera. Not sure why though. The above advice is planiting objects like houses or working with terrain.
  • damadman228damadman228 Senior Member Posts: 2,437Registered Users
    edited May 2012
    It would be so much easier if TEd just simply used the same camera as the game.
    This might be helpful for those still playing S2 MP:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=444087

Also check out this awesome channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/milkandcookiesTW
  • DigitalPrimeDigitalPrime Junior Member Posts: 12Registered Users
    edited May 2012
    When the control keys stop working, Its because you are no longer in select mode. When you go to create mode. the movement stops working. You need to switch back to select mode. then all the controls in the shogun game should work.

Side note

Does anyone know how to change the background of the maps? to give that depth feel?
    edited May 2012
    My mouse wheel button doesn't function, this only happens in ted as it works fine for games This is making creating a map very difficult.
  • SasuSasu Moderator FinlandPosts: 8,842Registered Users, Moderators
    edited May 2012
    Moved to TEd Forum.
    Not easy being a gunpowderhead

Forum Terms and Conditions
    When in doubt, check the stickies
    After every download, verify integrity of game cache

Fickle is the lady Fora