Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Q4 next DLC after WOC champions DLC

2»

Comments

• Budoka#3009Budoka#3009 Registered Users Posts: 232
    I doubt we will be seeing another dlc this year. There will probably be a lot of bug fixing, patches addressing things that don't work and balancing. Remember, after release of Wh3 it took CA half a year to release something new. IE map is arguably an even bigger project, and there are still some issues unresolved with WH3 core game. Unless CA invested alot more in the teams, but that is yet to be seen.

This is why I'm sitting out on this dlc, as I want to see some honest reviews from players (not streamers) before I buy it. Will try out IE but I expect it will be a mess.
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Registered Users Posts: 2,074
    edited August 1
    Umm I don't remember seeing them state another dlc was coming this year only the WoC LP one and mortal empires updates and big improvements to that unless I missed something?

• Schub#9514Schub#9514 Registered Users Posts: 1,573
    Timpeyo said:

Umm I don't remember seeing them state another dlc was coming this year only the WoC LP one and mortal empires updates and big improvements to that unless I missed something?

Do you think a big update like 3.0 will come without a DLC?
    Sigmar protect us all...

• piet11111#6714piet11111#6714 Registered Users Posts: 81
    edited August 1

Since it is a "big" improvements, I suspect a pun, with either the CD, or a Dwarves update.

Alternately, a common synonym for big is "mammoth".

Norsca rework confirmed!
    I am also thinking Norsca because at that point they have reworked all of the old Chaos factions before adding chaos dwarfs.

edit: i may be mistaken but where they not hinting that they where already planning for a norsca rework ?
    Post edited by piet11111#6714 on
  • TheTrue_LordAndyTheTrue_LordAndy Registered Users Posts: 985
    piet11111 said:

Since it is a "big" improvements, I suspect a pun, with either the CD, or a Dwarves update.

Norsca rework confirmed!
    I am also thinking Norsca because at that point they have reworked all of the old Chaos factions before adding chaos dwarfs.

edit: i may be mistaken but where they not hinting that they where already planning for a norsca rework ?
    I expect Norsca to wait a bit, I doubt they will keep doing Chaos related DLC's back to back. It's probably Chaos Dwarfs then something Cathay or Kislev
  • piet11111#6714piet11111#6714 Registered Users Posts: 81

piet11111 said:

Norsca rework confirmed!

I expect Norsca to wait a bit, I doubt they will keep doing Chaos related DLC's back to back. It's probably Chaos Dwarfs then something Cathay or Kislev
    Seems logical to not overdo chaos also Norsca does not have a lot of overlap with the warriors of chaos that would demand a parallel rework.
  • Lunaticprince#9972Lunaticprince#9972 Registered Users Posts: 6,837

piet11111 said:

Norsca rework confirmed!

Yeah i mean, who else to face?

Norsca against cathay and or kislev make just much sense

Only thing i could imagine that the use vampire what i would absolute love but ca now say before the the release of wh3 and now in the last blog about faction in ie (that not the norsca rework) just show me they definitly wanna do then sooner then later

• Kn_Gars#2718Kn_Gars#2718 Registered Users Posts: 3,275
    Budoka said:

I doubt we will be seeing another dlc this year. There will probably be a lot of bug fixing, patches addressing things that don't work and balancing. Remember, after release of Wh3 it took CA half a year to release something new. IE map is arguably an even bigger project, and there are still some issues unresolved with WH3 core game. Unless CA invested alot more in the teams, but that is yet to be seen.

This is why I'm sitting out on this dlc, as I want to see some honest reviews from players (not streamers) before I buy it. Will try out IE but I expect it will be a mess.

CA already has invested in the DLC team by expanding their manpower to the point where they can work with the basic WH3 patches, IE and the CoC DLC at the same time. Other DLC are likely in pre-production as artists and other devs with skills not needed for IE or CoC are free to work on new projects. Once IE & CoC launches the IE team will probably focus on support & bug fixes while the CoC devs can move the next DLC from pre-production to production.
    The user formerly known as KN_Gars, thanks for the involunatry rename CA.
  • DrJammatDrJammat Registered Users Posts: 499
    Schub said:

Timpeyo said:

Do you think a big update like 3.0 will come without a DLC?
    It seems clear in the blog, if they're ready, update 3.0 will come with a 'major release' that has to be DLC. If it's not ready we'll get update 2.2 which won't have a DLC, maybe RoR or an FLC.