Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Please, tell me these hobos are not the Tzeentch Marauders (cuz this looks beyond cheap)

Comments

• Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 39,088

DTAPPSNZ said:

The majority of this DLC is just the tabletop equivalent of kitbashing.

GW doesn’t sell kitbashed models though, your meant to make them yourself, or in the video game world mod them.
    I know that, what CA did is the equivalent of kitbashing.
    It is indeed.
    "It's no fun fighting people weaker than you." - The Beast

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Disciple of the Drybrush

• Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157 Registered Users Posts: 6,645
    DEBACLE!

The sky is falling!
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • Biggles#4266Biggles#4266 Registered Users Posts: 3,074
    I like them. This is WFB not AoS. They're low ranking tribesmen and should look like that. Not every tribesman gets an expensive face mask and intricate armour. You need to earn the keys to the dressing up box.
  • Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157 Registered Users Posts: 6,645

I like them. This is WFB not AoS. They're low ranking tribesmen and should look like that. Not every tribesman gets an expensive face mask and intricate armour. You need to earn the keys to the dressing up box.

Yeah they are just fodder, basic units.

May I present my grudge against dwarf warriors or throne bearers etc.

The mauraders are fine.
  • Theo91#7431Theo91#7431 Registered Users Posts: 2,953
    nyobien said:

Agreed. Nurgle's Shrek marauders are **** too

The nurgle ones are the worst of the 4
  • Nihil515Nihil515 Registered Users Posts: 222
    Actions speak louder than words.

A lot of pedantic stuff in the answers they give, and a posteriori justifications about the irrational decisions made by CA, but the truth is they are trying to collect the maximum with the minimum effort.

Who does not see it it is because they do not want to see it and are directing their gaze elsewhere, pretending that there is not an elephant in the room.
  • JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 6,502
    Are we even sure those are the Tzeentchian marauders? They looked like normal ones to me.
    Nihil515 said:

A lot of pedantic stuff in the answers they give, and a posteriori justifications about the irrational decisions made by CA, but the truth is they are trying to collect the maximum with the minimum effort.

Who does not see it it is because they do not want to see it and are directing their gaze elsewhere, pretending that there is not an elephant in the room.

I know, right.

It's almost like CA is a company.

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Disciple of the Drybrush

Nihil515 said:

I know, right.

Yes, and you now as a client, are the one who must decide whether to pay for a low-quality product to hope that later the modders, who do their job without charging a dime, come to fix the whole bag
    Nihil515 said:

Nihil515 said:

Lol, the elephant of 5 types of mauraders?
    Nihil515 said:

Nihil515 said:

I know, right.

Yes, and you now as a client, are the one who must decide whether to pay for a low-quality product
    It's not low-quality.

Forum Terms & Conditions

Nihil515 said:

Nihil515 said:

I know, right.

Yes, and you now as a client, are the one who must decide whether to pay for a low-quality product to hope that later the modders, who do their job without charging a dime, come to fix the whole bag
    Or I buy it cause I like it….

Don’t buy it dude, if you don’t like it.
  • Abhorash_DrSl#2943Abhorash_DrSl#2943 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 140
    Apart from the marauders which might get changed on release (these could be WoC marauders) are people happy with the Tzeentch warriors and chosen? I mean the glass is 2/3rds full for Tzeentch it was completely empty for Nurgle last week.

Nihil515 said:

Nihil515 said:

Lol, the elephant of 5 types of mauraders?
    When they make the mammoth blue, pink, green, and red and sell it as a chaos-marked mammoth. We will laugh together.

Nihil515 said:

Nihil515 said:

I know, right.

Or I buy it cause I like it….

Don’t buy it dude, if you don’t like it.
    Pretty much.

I really don't care if someone else buys it or not, it's their decision and not mine.

Forum Terms & Conditions

Apart from the marauders which might get changed on release (these could be WoC marauders) are people happy with the Tzeentch warriors and chosen? I mean the glass is 2/3rds full for Tzeentch it was completely empty for Nurgle last week.

I don’t mind, it all seems spamming to me.

But if I were to look at them without my biases, I would think they are 5 types of the same unit, but the coloured ones look a little different.
    Cool.

I'd have preferred significantly more unique models.

I'm sort of chill with it. Reality is I'm buying this for Valkia and Khorne and Khorne looks great.

Forum Terms & Conditions

• Abhorash_DrSl#2943Abhorash_DrSl#2943 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 140
    edited August 2

But if I were to look at them without my biases, I would think they are 5 types of the same unit, but the coloured ones look a little different.
    Cool.
    Ive hardly played tw3 i just don't want to play Chaos without these mortal units as the unit roster looked very bare without them. But do I want to pay £15-£20 for base units that i think should have been included in the base game, probably not. And if I do every single one of those units better look damn different and interesting. I think i'll stick with 1 and 2 until all units get a unique model or some good mods come out.

I'm sort of chill with it. Reality is I'm buying this for Valkia and Khorne and Khorne looks great.
    The Khorne chosen should look great if they are done to the same excellent standard as the Khorne warriors. They were shown off proudly in all the release stuff and were the poster boys of tw3 so i'm sure they'll get some love.

Cool.
    Ive hardly played tw3 i just don't want to play Chaos without these mortal units as the unit roster looked very bare without them. But do I want to pay £15-£20 for base units that i think should have been included in the base game, probably not. And if I do every single one of those units better look damn different and interesting. I think i'll stick with 1 and 2 until all units get a unique model or some good mods come out.

The Khorne chosen should look great if they are done to the same excellent standard as the Khorne warriors. They were shown off proudly in all the release stuff and were the poster boys of tw3 so i'm sure they'll get some love.
    All units will never have all unique models.
    That means you will never play the game.
    Your choice.

Cool.

Your choice.
    Haha that sounds a bit final. I don't know man enough people kicked off about the Tzeentch Knights being WoC Knights at launch for them to eventually be changed so I'd never say never. I also said I'd wait for modders to make the unique models, but I shouldn't have to do this.

• #610044#610044 Registered Users Posts: 791
    Ive made marauder reskins better than this already in WH1 & WH2 i havent made for WH3 yet but seems like i have too. So ugly
    edited August 2

Cool.

Your choice.
    Haha that sounds a bit final. I don't know man enough people kicked off about the Tzeentch Knights being WoC Knights at launch for them to eventually be changed so I'd never say never. I also said I'd wait for modders to make the unique models, but I shouldn't have to do this.

The storm in a teacup over that changed nothing. They never even bothered to respond to it at its peak.
    Post edited by Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 on

Forum Terms & Conditions

Cool.

Your choice.

What about the dwarfs and elves that don’t have unique models.
    Do you play wh2? If so why are those not unique models different from these ones?
  • Bloodydagger#9716Bloodydagger#9716 Registered Users Posts: 4,714

The Warriors are cool and so are the Chosen...but these horrible common Marauders...urgh!

I seriously hope they are just regular Norsca Marauders, cuz this is beyond low ass cheap!

Want some cheese with that whine?
    edited August 2

Cool.

Your choice.

Do you play wh2? If so why are those not unique models different from these ones?
    The dwarves are one race I'm not talking about different factions with different colours. The three elven factions may share the same models but so much detail has been put into these models that they look completely different from each other. Just look at the basic spearman from each faction (the marauder equivalent). Can you honestly say that the same attention to detail has been applied to the chaos marauders in each chaos faction? I mean even for the dreadspear six shields have been modelled. Yes I play wh1 and 2 I love the immersion of them and what I'd like to see is a continuation of that standard for every single model.

Cool.

Your choice.

The dwarves are one race I'm not talking about different factions with different colours. The three elven factions may share the same models but so much detail has been put into these models that they look completely different from each other. Just look at the basic spearman from each faction (the marauder equivalent). Can you honestly say that the same attention to detail has been applied to the chaos marauders in each chaos faction? I mean even for the dreadspear six shields have been modelled. Yes I play wh1 and 2 I love them and what I'd like to see is a continuation of that standard for every single model.

Dude.
    Marauders are from one race - chaos.
    Don’t tell me a maurader should be unique 6 times, that’s silly resource management.

But you play wh2 with non unique unit models. That look the same.
    But you won’t play wh3 as one unit looks different, but not different enough.
    Guys, they are freaking marauders.
    Just colour them and call it a day.

Imagine calling for Skavenslaves to be substantially different between clans.
    Calling CA cheap for not doing it and boycotting the game.

Just as silly.
  • Warfield#9043Warfield#9043 Registered Users Posts: 596
    Warhammer Age of Reckoning had its share of problems, but they nailed marauder mutations. Here is a great video showing them all:

CA take note! You have paid for the IP, and Games Workshop owns these assets developed by Mythic Entertainment.

USE THEM!

Warfield Undermountain
    Dwarf Lord of Stone and Steel

TWW3 Dwarf Content Series:
    FLC/Update #1: "Brewing" Update, Josef Bugman FLC, Bugman's Brewery faction
    FLC/Update #2: "Royal Blood" Update, Alrik Ranulfsson FLC, Karak Hirn faction
    FLC/Update #3: "Vengeance" Update, Kazador Thunderhorn FLC, Karak Azul faction
    FLC/Update #4: "Runelore" Update, Kragg the Grim FLC, Runesmith's Guild faction

DLC #1: The Sorcerer and the Engineer, "Engineer's Workshop" Update
    DLC #2: The Daemon and the Slayer, "Slayer's Oath" Update
    edited August 2

Cool.

Your choice.

The dwarves are one race I'm not talking about different factions with different colours. The three elven factions may share the same models but so much detail has been put into these models that they look completely different from each other. Just look at the basic spearman from each faction (the marauder equivalent). Can you honestly say that the same attention to detail has been applied to the chaos marauders in each chaos faction? I mean even for the dreadspear six shields have been modelled. Yes I play wh1 and 2 I love them and what I'd like to see is a continuation of that standard for every single model.

Dude.
    Marauders are from one race - chaos.
    Don’t tell me a maurader should be unique 6 times, that’s silly resource management.

But you play wh2 with non unique unit models. That look the same.
    But you won’t play wh3 as one unit looks different, but not different enough.
    They were from one race, the warriors of chaos, until they were then put into Norsca and then the four monogod race factions. Yes that is what I am saying, the marauders should have 4 unique models unique from head to toe resemble the different chaos god. I don't think that's silly resource management, especially if that's what a lot of fans want and will pay money for it. What was silly resource management was creating several high detail assets for a generic chaos daemon called Daniel but that's just my opinion, some people might like him.

They are unique but if you don't appreciate the detail differences I don't know what to say, apart from yeah maybe a different face, helmet, armour and weapon for each marauder is reasonable enough for paid dlc.

They were from one race, the warriors of chaos, until they were then put into Norsca and then the four monogod race factions. Yes that is what I am saying, the marauders should have 4 unique models unique from head to toe resemble the different chaos god. I don't think that's silly resource management, especially if that's what a lot of fans want and will pay money for it. What was silly resource management was creating several high detail assets for a generic chaos deamon called Daniel but that's just my opinion, some people might like him.

They are unique but if you don't appreciate the detail differences I don't know what to say, apart from yeah maybe a different face, helmet, armour and weapon for each marauder is reasonable enough for paid dlc.

I think it’s very silly resource management.
    I agree with Daniel being silly resource management too.