Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Hashut's greater deamon?

Grba#3181Grba#3181 Registered Users Posts: 526
Each monogod have their verson of a greater daemon,also the Horned Rat has verminlords(yet to be introduced in game),so do you guys expect GW/CA to introduce one for Hashut in game or lore?We have K'daai destroyers but they are more like demonic constructs...

Comments

• SaintCorn#3148SaintCorn#3148 Registered Users Posts: 2,846
    edited August 6
    Why does Hashut need Greater Daemons?
    They're no match for the greatness of Chaos Dwarf hats.

Hashut doesn't have his own Daemons.
    The Chaos Dwarfs make other Daemons into their Daemon Engines.

• LordCommanderLordCommander Registered Users Posts: 3,205
    SaintCorn said:

Mobile Death Rocket launcher. Nasty.
    It's a beta.
  • Kn_Gars#2718Kn_Gars#2718 Registered Users Posts: 3,236
    No, the four greater Chaos gods and the Horned Rat are on another level of power compared to Hashut and what is more important Hashut has never had such servants in the lore. That it simply not his way, as ArneSo pointed out Hashut and the Dawi-Zharr enslave Daemons, they do not summon them for fickle bargins.
    The user formerly known as KN_Gars, thanks for the involunatry rename CA.
  • SaintCorn#3148SaintCorn#3148 Registered Users Posts: 2,846
    KN_Gars said:

No, the four greater Chaos gods and the Horned Rat are on another level of power compared to Hashut and what is more important Hashut has never had such servants in the lore. That it simply not his way, as ArneSo pointed out Hashut and the Dawi-Zharr enslave Daemons, they do not summon them for fickle bargins.

And that honestly fits Hashut as well even if he were on the same power level which is debatable.

He is the Chaos God of Tyranny and Greed.
    A tyrant doesn't bargain with its subjects, and a greedy tyrant would definitely enslave someone before bargaining.

• WhySoSalty#3990WhySoSalty#3990 Registered Users Posts: 1,442
    not going to happen. K'daai is all they need
    My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperial, can you say the same?

• WhySoSalty#3990WhySoSalty#3990 Registered Users Posts: 1,442
    SaintCorn said:

thats one way to show pure dominance
    My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperial, can you say the same?

• Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 3,599
    I mean, the Bale Taurus or the Lammasu are already for all practical purposes greater damones of Hashut, except for them not being daemons I mean, lol. But in terms of placement and emblematic role they serve that purpose. Fittingly, they are mounts of the Chaos Dwarfs.
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,277
    edited August 6
    So far, Hashut has not displayed any types of daemons. I would agree that if the Horned Rat can muster Greater Daemons, Hashut probably also should have...something, but the Dawi Zharr approach since Legion of Azgorh rather seems to be enslaving daemons and bind them to metal. Hence the whole daemon train or K'daai stuff.

So what comes a Greater Daemon closest in size and raw power, might be the K'daai Destroyer.

Who knows. Maybe for TWW3 CA had overhauled the Dawi Zharr and GW signed it off for "The Old World". Seeing the DLC announcement and roster reveal for them will surely be a long expected highlight.

-----Red Dox
    Post edited by Red_Dox on
  • Mr_Finley7#4571Mr_Finley7#4571 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,375
    I think Hashut should get greater daemons, chaos daemons are to all intents and purposes slaves to their masters will, hence LoC doing the bidding of Archaon
  • PoorManatee6197PoorManatee6197 Registered Users Posts: 2,491
    While I would like to see the design daemons of Hashut would have, I like their theme of imprisoning daemons of other gods to use them as power sources, it goes too well with their "we are superior to everything" mentality and I dont think daemons of Hashut would fit well.
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Karaz Bryn, Karag Dum, Karak Vlag, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

All those missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!

IT'S HOBGOBBO TIME!!!!!!!
    #JusticeForKurgan
  • pblllrrpblllrr Registered Users Posts: 287
    Hashut has no known daemons. Great Taurus might be called his symbol, but they're still mortal creatures, as are Bull Centaurs.
  • brago90brago90 Registered Users Posts: 1,430
    Hashut represents, among other things, greed, and to create a daemon, its creator entity has to give part of its power to that creature. Giving something to create something is not something that someone greedy does, no matter how much that something is your property.

It makes more sense for a being of greed to steal other's daemons and enslave them.
  • hillbillymachinegunhillbillymachinegun Registered Users Posts: 465
    Aside from just not being his style, Hashut is simply not powerful enough to manifest greater daemons or armies of lesser daemons. To back it up a little, gods draw power from their worshippers, the actions or ideas they represent, and souls. The Chaos Dwarfs are very few in number, so he doesn't have many worshippers/souls. Additionally, he represents something pretty specific, so while Khorne may draw power from every act of violence or bloodshed in the world or Slaanesh from every example of excess, Hashut would draw power primarily from tyranny, and when you compare the number of tyrannical acts to the amount of bloodshed in the Warhammer world, it's multiple orders of magnitude smaller. As daemons are fragments of a god's power, Khorne for example can create thousands of greater daemons and still have plenty of power left for himself, while Hashut's own power would likely be significantly lessened if he were to create a greater daemon.
  • Ben1990#8909Ben1990#8909 Registered Users Posts: 2,606
    Just make a literally gigantic K'Daai with a Greater Daemon as its core.
  • General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 5,324

I think Hashut should get greater daemons, chaos daemons are to all intents and purposes slaves to their masters will, hence LoC doing the bidding of Archaon

Daemons are fragments of the Chaos god. Hashut as the god of greed wouldn't break fragments off itself to create servants.
  • chaosdwarf#1649chaosdwarf#1649 Registered Users Posts: 103
    Like was said earlier, the badass thing about Chaos Dwarf is that they enslave daemons, not serve them.

Although I used to think K'Daai Fireborns are lesser deamons of Hashut and Destroyers are his greater daemons.
  • chaosdwarf#1649chaosdwarf#1649 Registered Users Posts: 103

Aside from just not being his style, Hashut is simply not powerful enough to manifest greater daemons or armies of lesser daemons. To back it up a little, gods draw power from their worshippers, the actions or ideas they represent, and souls. The Chaos Dwarfs are very few in number, so he doesn't have many worshippers/souls. Additionally, he represents something pretty specific, so while Khorne may draw power from every act of violence or bloodshed in the world or Slaanesh from every example of excess, Hashut would draw power primarily from tyranny, and when you compare the number of tyrannical acts to the amount of bloodshed in the Warhammer world, it's multiple orders of magnitude smaller. As daemons are fragments of a god's power, Khorne for example can create thousands of greater daemons and still have plenty of power left for himself, while Hashut's own power would likely be significantly lessened if he were to create a greater daemon.

There is A LOT of tyranny in Warhammer world.
  • ladymissfitladymissfit Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,480
    So what exactly are the bullcentaurs and lamasu
    Chaos lords should be women

Army painter plox
  • XihuXihu Registered Users Posts: 206

I think they are mutant Dawi-Zhar made through warlock sorcery.
  • pblllrrpblllrr Registered Users Posts: 287

Lammasu are mutants, possibly influenced by Hashut.
    Bull Centaurs are mutated Chaos Dwarfs blessed by Hashut.
    Neither are daemons, but are influenced by a god.
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,277
  • ShandalarShandalar Registered Users Posts: 110
    The daemons of Hashut is an interesting chat; I ve thought about it a couple of times.

One the main reasons may be that the Chaos Dwarfs, and so Hashut, are under-developed lore-wise. May be if they get the attention they deserve we can see new and cool stuff like this. I would call the Great Daemon of Hashut "Lord of Destruction", I think it fits with the theme.

Into this under-developed lore, it has been always deliberately vague about the real nature of Hashut. In fact, we dont know what he is exactly: he can be a daemon, a minor chaos god, or "some other foul entity let loose upon the mortal world during the Great Catastrophe", sealed under the plain of Zharr before that.
  • Mr_Finley7#4571Mr_Finley7#4571 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,375

Daemons are fragments of the Chaos god. Hashut as the god of greed wouldn't break fragments off itself to create servants.
    Not the case with Verminlords, if I remember correctly they’re made from the souls of grey seers. Perhaps Hashut can do the same with the souls of his worshippers, or the Bull Centaurs who are already born through his power.

Hashut already “gave” some of his power when he granted sorcery to the CD and protected them from the fall out of the collapsed gate.

A being of greed will still expend energy or power if it’s a beneficial transaction, especially a lop sided one; a true devils bargain.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,203
    ArneSo said:

Such thing doesn’t exist and shouldn’t be a thing.

In the dark Realm of Zharr Naggrund, Daemons are nothing but slaves.

People really don't understand that the Chaos Dwarfs are actually the most horrifically evil force in Warhammer. Even more evil than the daemons themselves. The daemons are just forces of emotional nature. Chaos Dwarfs? That's evil incarnate right there. They are the ultimate "bad guys".
  • Docpain222Docpain222 WI, USRegistered Users Posts: 437
    SaintCorn said:

With all that weight from the hat Im surprised they dont turn into diamonds instead of stone
  • CobraPurpCobraPurp Registered Users Posts: 35
    brago90 said:

Hashut represents, among other things, greed, and to create a daemon, its creator entity has to give part of its power to that creature. Giving something to create something is not something that someone greedy does, no matter how much that something is your property.

It makes more sense for a being of greed to steal other's daemons and enslave them.

Slaanesh does it, and you could argue that Slaanesh embodies greed more thoroughly than Hashut.

The gods don't draw power from worship. They draw from actions and emptions. They don't care if those who do those actions worship them or not.

Hashut is powerful enough for it. It just isn't his style.

Not the case with Verminlords, if I remember correctly they’re made from the souls of grey seers. Perhaps Hashut can do the same with the souls of his worshippers, or the Bull Centaurs who are already born through his power.

Hashut already “gave” some of his power when he granted sorcery to the CD and protected them from the fall out of the collapsed gate.

A being of greed will still expend energy or power if it’s a beneficial transaction, especially a lop sided one; a true devils bargain.
    In which case verminlords are daemon princes not greater daemons

Blessing them doesn't require breaking off a fragment of its self