Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

When we get the Monke King can he please actually look like a monkey?

2»

Comments

• AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,417

He can look like whatever you want in your headcanon, because that is the only place he will ever be. CA is hopefully never wasting time on that trash.

Please tell me you're being sarcastic... MK has been all but confirmed for a long long time now...
  • mightygloinmightygloin Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 6,084
    talonn said:

And not look like the god awful human with a bit of wild hair depiction he usually has in chinese tv shows and movies.

Maybe show us a pic that fits the image that you want?

• ladymissfitladymissfit Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,480

talonn said:

And not look like the god awful human with a bit of wild hair depiction he usually has in chinese tv shows and movies.

Maybe show us a pic that fits the image that you want?

This but completely unironically
    Chaos lords should be women

Army painter plox
  • Mr_Finley7#4571Mr_Finley7#4571 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,375
    edited August 6
    Delete
    Post edited by Mr_Finley7#4571 on
  • XihuXihu Registered Users Posts: 206

Clearly this depiction captures the majesty of the Monkey King
  • VikingHuscal1066VikingHuscal1066 Registered Users Posts: 4,062
    MadDokta said:

This guy took over Cathay, least for a while. An actual monkey would just be too goofish to take seriously imo.

Now that's the type of monkey king I want to see.
  • Ben1990#8909Ben1990#8909 Registered Users Posts: 2,606
    He better have some MONKEY MAGIC.
  • NemoTheElf101NemoTheElf101 Registered Users Posts: 2,893
    Considering that the actual Monkey King is equal parts a divine immortal, a trickster, a warrior, and a semi-enlightened teacher, he's not going to be easy on the eyes, especially if the CA takes him down as a kind of radical revolutionary against the dragons.

Considering that the actual Monkey King is equal parts a divine immortal, a trickster, a warrior, and a semi-enlightened teacher, he's not going to be easy on the eyes, especially if the CA takes him down as a kind of radical revolutionary against the dragons.

I don't see how any of that would really effect the way he looks.

I mean, yeah, he should look like a classic version of Sun Wukong and it'll be ok.
  • NemoTheElf101NemoTheElf101 Registered Users Posts: 2,893

I don't see how any of that would really effect the way he looks.

I mean, yeah, he should look like a classic version of Sun Wukong and it'll be ok.
    .... Warhammer's Monkey King is based on the Chinese Monkey King, who was basically written to spite Taoism and Confucianism through his antics. He's a superpowered troll and trickster whose entire existence was giving Heaven the middle finger until the Buddha stepped in.
  • CaffynatedCaffynated Member Registered Users Posts: 1,423

Can we get the real monkey king?
  • Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 38,460

Can we get the real monkey king?

Just make him Vanilla coloured.
    "It's no fun fighting people weaker than you." - The Beast

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Disciple of the Drybrush

• SandboxheadSandboxhead Registered Users Posts: 35
    Son Wukong is not a Gorilla King, he's the Monkey King. From his inception centuries ago to now, he has always been a nimble lean fighter, not some clumsy brute.

This is how he would look in a "grimdark" setting. Sheesh it's like you think only Games Workshop knows how to do it.

Incidentally, this would be some kickass Eshin.
  • Ascythian#9871Ascythian#9871 Registered Users Posts: 124
  • SandboxheadSandboxhead Registered Users Posts: 35
    That's about as likely as this for a Norsca dlc.

I would buy it though...
  • Tyrant#1234Tyrant#1234 Registered Users Posts: 3,929
    edited August 7
    Whatever he looks like.
    Still betting on him being associated with Zuvassin the Renegade Chaos God of mischief and undoing.
    1234 I declare a thumb war! 5678 I use this hand to mass-debate!

.... Warhammer's Monkey King is based on the Chinese Monkey King, who was basically written to spite Taoism and Confucianism through his antics. He's a superpowered troll and trickster whose entire existence was giving Heaven the middle finger until the Buddha stepped in.

And?

I wouldn't really think that that would effect how he would look all that much, as long as he's a good hybrid of mostly monkey and a bit of human, then it'll work out.
    Abmong said:

Whatever he looks like.
    Still betting on him being associated with Zuvassin the Renegade Chaos God of mischief and undoing.

You know, that would actually be an interesting way to have the Monkey King be related to the chaos powers without just making him a lackey for any of the big four.
  • Tyrant#1234Tyrant#1234 Registered Users Posts: 3,929

Abmong said:

Whatever he looks like.

You know, that would actually be an interesting way to have the Monkey King be related to the chaos powers without just making him a lackey for any of the big four.
    It's the perfect background for him IMO, chaotic, but works against the other Chaos Gods and at the same time not being natural allies of order factions.
    1234 I declare a thumb war! 5678 I use this hand to mass-debate!