Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Will Ariel fly in IE?

HeinzuHeinzu Registered Users Posts: 976

Comments

• pblllrrpblllrr Registered Users Posts: 287
    Haven't heard anything about it, so likely not.
  • Sultschiem#8734Sultschiem#8734 Registered Users Posts: 3,496
    If Malagor can, sure.
  • ArneSo#7705ArneSo#7705 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,060
    She’s already hovering.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • Nazjax#2857Nazjax#2857 Registered Users Posts: 2,522
    From a lore perspective yes.

From a campaign solo experience yes, it's damn cool.

In MP she will be op because of that. She is already hard to kill.

So depend on CA, if they want to play arround balance or fun. If they do that maybe she will be nerfed in the tankyness side if you want to do balance and fun.
    Im pretty sure a mod will allow that even if CA don't make this vanilla.
  • XihuXihu Registered Users Posts: 206
    edited August 9
    Kind of off-topic: How do you unlock her? Is she available for any WE or only the sisters?

Edit: My question has been answered. Thank you to all who replied.
    Post edited by Xihu on
  • RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Registered Users Posts: 2,286
    Xihu said:

Kind of off-topic: How do you unlock her? Is she available for any WE or only the sisters?

If you have the DLC you should be able to unlock her, I think maybe she's tied to the tech tree or the oak of ages ? I know Orion can get her but I've not actually played him since then
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 7,472
    Xihu said:

Any WE faction that gets a forest to 100 and performs the ritual to cleanse it can recruit her, if memory serves.

Just depends who does it first. And any WE faction apart from Drycha.
    For in spite of all temptations. To belong to other nations. He remains an Englishman.
  • Killertut#9655Killertut#9655 Registered Users Posts: 1,107
    there has been mp footage with woodelves and ariel. dont remember if it was turin or milk&cookies.

ariel most likely can not fly, as she was shot by a luminark and she had to take evasive manoeuvres and relocate into a forest. the player would have almost certainly toggled to flying mode if it was available.
  • JToegiTheSnotling#6624JToegiTheSnotling#6624 Registered Users Posts: 2,250
    I really hope so
  • Maidros98Maidros98 IranRegistered Users Posts: 550
    It would be kind of stupid if she couldn't. Specially now that even Malagor can fly.
  • KrabbzKrabbz FranceRegistered Users Posts: 591
    edited August 8
    Nazjax said:

Hard to kill indeed (7:05) :D

• LordCommanderLordCommander Registered Users Posts: 3,205
    Depends on how hard Skarbrand kicks her.
    It's a beta.
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 6,822
    She definitely should.

Only barrier I can see is animation cost, taking off, landing, etc. Think how long it took for them to do it for Malagor.
    Nazjax said:

Why would you assume CA won't adjust her stats if they made her fly? Just a thinly veiled complaint about mp.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 7,551
    Ariel really isn't that durable, it just depends what you're sending against her. There are multiple siege weapons, SEMS, and other things that easily give her a run for the money.

They might give her flying, I think they're going to be a lot of flying units a bit of a passover to work with game 3's changes.
  • overtaker40#8926overtaker40#8926 Registered Users Posts: 1,098
    Xihu said:

Any wood elf faction except drycha can unlock her. She will appear after you complete your first ritual of rebirth.
    I like all the races. Equally. Wood elves are just the first among equals.
    Krabbz said:

Nazjax said:

I was talking in melee...
    Even against basic missile infantry she is quite tanky still because 20 physical + 15 projectile resistance is 35 resistance and can go up to 45 (to peel from a volley) if she cast a heal on her. So if she is already damaged it's worth you can time the projectile and take even less.

Ariel has 20 physical resistance, 15 projectile resistance. She has 50 MD and 6660 health.
    When she cast a spell she gain +10 physical resistance.
    She got soulstealer and apotheosis for healing. (Soulstealer got nerfed but in warhammer 2 it was OP)
    She got word of pain who reduce MA by -40 and accuracy by -30. (Really great if a melee lord try to kill her)

Your whole example is weird since Luminark (RoR version) damage will melt litteraly everyone. It has magic attack so it's legit super strong against her.
    Try Luminark against others lords, they will tank the same or even less than her because she has a lot of HP.

If you make her fly she will probably be even speedier and can probably dodge even more projectiles. So the Luminark probably don't hit her in the same scenario because the guy can dodge.
    edited August 9

She definitely should.

Only barrier I can see is animation cost, taking off, landing, etc. Think how long it took for them to do it for Malagor.

Nazjax said:

Why would you assume CA won't adjust her stats if they made her fly? Just a thinly veiled complaint about mp.
    I think they will, but im just pointing out that they need to do it.

No.. ? I just say what I think. If she fly and doesn't get nerfed she will be too strong, it's not hidden it's clearly explained.
    People complained a lot about Morathi in warhammer 2 (MP) but she was way easier to kill. Yet they got both the same OP spell that made Morathi op.
  • RomaInvictaForever#2571RomaInvictaForever#2571 Registered Users Posts: 166
    Krabbz said:

Nazjax said:

Ariel is really tanky for her price and utility...
    You are delusionnal if you think that's not something real.

Your example is not a good example. Try in warhammer 2 to kill Ariel with any duellist lord, he will take years. She is as tanky as Gor-rok but got spells and is a hero not even a lord. She can get healed with her magic or a lore of life sorcerer.

Ariel is definitively really strong in MP and so much underrated. I enjoyed a lot playing her, people were thinking she is not great but they are wrong.

If you give her flying with her actual defensive stats, she will be nearly unkillable except if you use a lot to kill her, which is probably not profitable in gold value.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,203
    I hope she does. I want to watch my arachnarok pin her in place and tear off her little mothy wings and then turn her into a withered husk to be discarded.

Yessss so delicious. Die little moth, die!
  • XihuXihu Registered Users Posts: 206
    Itharus said:

I hope she does. I want to watch my arachnarok pin her in place and tear off her little mothy wings and then turn her into a withered husk to be discarded.

Yessss so delicious. Die little moth, die!

Dad...?
  • Tyrant#1234Tyrant#1234 Registered Users Posts: 3,929
    Doubt it, coz then some might start demanding that other floaty units should fly, like the Fay Enchantress or the Spellweavers.
    1234 I declare a thumb war! 5678 I use this hand to mass-debate!
  • OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 10,096
    Abmong said:

Doubt it, coz then some might start demanding that other floaty units should fly, like the Fay Enchantress or the Spellweavers.

But those ones didn't actually fly.

Ariel had the Fly Rule in 4th edition when she actually had rules.
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 6,822
    Abmong said:

Why would they fly when they've never flown before? What even is that logic?
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,951
    I don't know if she will fly, but she should be able to fly.
  • alionamongstmenalionamongstmen Registered Users Posts: 104
    She should be able to fly but she’s pretty busted as is, if she could fly she’d be ridiculously OP.
  • 1v0#35621v0#3562 Registered Users Posts: 2,290
    Depends if i'm not wrong by the time she was out - the flying pass on was already there = CA chose to not make her fly, while making other lords fly. I mean if they wanted to make her fly they would have released her begin able to fly.

But that can change ofcourse.
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,334
    edited August 9
    The real question is if Kemmler will fly.
    Ariel should have the option to fly given her wings would make her a tasty snack for dragons
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?