Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Champions of Chaos preorder now live/price revealed

GBone#4408GBone#4408 Registered Users Posts: 1,380

Comments

• Djau#5149Djau#5149 Registered Users Posts: 12,068
    Just like I thought. A bit more than a normal lord pack, but not campaign pack price.

• razenb#1517razenb#1517 Registered Users Posts: 426
    totally justified for a beta dlc. maybe they want us to pay another 10 bucks for confederation lol
  • LepingLeping Registered Users Posts: 597
    edited August 9
    Nazjax said:

Really ? 15,99€ / 14,39€ (because 10 porcent preorder)
    Same as Tomb Kings DLC ?

CA it's mostly reskins and re-use of base game mechanics. Most of the units should have been there day 1 on monogods roster.

Honestly I always try to defend them but they are really exagerating there.

Tombe king are 18.99€
  • GBone#4408GBone#4408 Registered Users Posts: 1,380
    Really feel that they've shot themselves in the foot (again) with that price point.
  • KhorneBullKhorneBull Registered Users Posts: 347
    Jackasses can "disagree" all they want,
    But nobody in their right mind is paying that for this dlc.
  • nyobiennyobien Registered Users Posts: 326
    edited August 9
    What a joke considering the steep drop in quality.

No unique campaign mechanics.

Fewer brand new units with new animations (even accounting for LLs)

Cheap kit bashed units and heroes.

14 of the "new" units are units we paid for in the WoC and the Norsca DLC (marauders and forsaken got practically no changes).

Remove agents/heroes from the campaign map like Three Kingdoms did. They are not fun and only serve to make the game more tedious. Nobody finishes campaigns because of how tedious the late game becomes with things like this to manage every turn.

Grudges:

6 years old Lord of Change with unimpressive animations. CA hid the exalted one until launch and lied that it was like Kairos's: https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/qak83o/so_turns_out_the_lord_of_change_in_the_trailer/.

CA put the Champions of Chaos LLs in WoC instead of monogods to save money on unique campaign mechanics

• WhySoSalty#3990WhySoSalty#3990 Registered Users Posts: 1,443
    xDEMOSx said:

not worth.

i correct: not worth "in your opinion"
    My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperial, can you say the same?

• NoSkill4U#6552NoSkill4U#6552 Registered Users Posts: 5,153
    xDEMOSx said:

not worth.

Certainly, but I consider it as part of the payment for the Immortal EMpires FLC with all its reworks/Improvments.

But only this once, since the IE content is VAST.
  • Fournier7Fournier7 Registered Users Posts: 101
    The price is absolutly not justified for me
  • xDEMOSxxDEMOSx Registered Users Posts: 1,345
    There was a whole month of revelations, and there were still people defending and saying that they were going to buy everything, even though it was cheap content.

CA has decided that these whales are worth milking.

• Djau#5149Djau#5149 Registered Users Posts: 12,068
    Its got twice the amount of LLs and 36 units. Reskins or not it wasn't going to be the standard price.

• MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,955
    Not only the very DLC is quantity over quality, but it also comes with higher price. Ridiculous.
  • NoSkill4U#6552NoSkill4U#6552 Registered Users Posts: 5,153
    Fournier7 said:

The price is absolutly not justified for me

If it wasn t for immortal Empires I wouldn t buy that.

But immortal EMpires can only release ONCE...
  • razenb#1517razenb#1517 Registered Users Posts: 426
    pretty sure The Twisted & The Twilight was more work and is cheaper than this lol
  • WhySoSalty#3990WhySoSalty#3990 Registered Users Posts: 1,443
    GBone said:

Really feel that they've shot themselves in the foot (again) with that price point.

its a price of two pizzas for 40+ hours of gameplay
    My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperial, can you say the same?

• #28957#28957 Registered Users Posts: 2,641
    I can afford it's easily. It more of a problem for me to actually get the key, since most games are not available anymore in my country's store.

But... $16 for a content pack that is around 50% consists of reused assets? More than Ogre Kingdoms? Seriously, lol?
    Now I am known as "numbers".
  • RomaInvictaForever#2571RomaInvictaForever#2571 Registered Users Posts: 166
    TeNoSkill said:

xDEMOSx said:

not worth.

Certainly, but I consider it as part of the payment for the Immortal EMpires FLC with all its reworks/Improvments.

But only this once, since the IE content is VAST.
    The payment for IE is all we paid since warhammer 1 dude...
  • brago90brago90 Registered Users Posts: 1,430
    Too expensive for what it brings, if they really want to charge us those prices they should do an equivalent job.
  • Bayes#3307Bayes#3307 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,987
    So in dollars it is 60% more expensive, is this 60% more content than a regular lord pack? I don't think so.

• Azileza#1643Azileza#1643 Registered Users Posts: 38
    That price is even more absurd when you remember that this DLC doesn't come with a genuine FLC lord. Belakor's model was already done.
  • Kn_Gars#2718Kn_Gars#2718 Registered Users Posts: 3,236
    The Steam price is straight up weird since it is a lot cheaper over on the Microsoft store when I clicked that link, converted to Euros the Microsoft price is probably 10.99 (Steam shows Euros for me while Microsoft insists on using my native SEK)
    The user formerly known as KN_Gars, thanks for the involunatry rename CA.
  • LabriaLabria Registered Users Posts: 2,233
    16€? Another Eight Princes fiasco confirmed.
    This looks like huge price for four WoC legendary lords with copy and paste monogods mechanics and low budget marked units with old WoC models with new colors and maybe new helmets.

It looks like Chaos Dwarfs are now only hope to save Warhammer 3.
  • Reeks#2417Reeks#2417 Registered Users Posts: 10,004
    What matters to me if it´s fun to play and if it looks good, the price is irrelevant

I´m looking forward to see how they play in the weeks after release, might buy the game if it looks fun.

Nurgle is love

Nurgle is life

#JusticeForNurglingForumAvatars