Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Champions of Chaos preorder now live/price revealed

Comments

• Bayes#3307Bayes#3307 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,015
    KN_Gars said:

The Steam price is straight up weird since it is a lot cheaper over on the Microsoft store when I clicked that link, converted to Euros the Microsoft price is probably 10.99 (Steam shows Euros for me while Microsoft insists on using my native SEK)

Is it more expensive than a campaign pack for you as well? It is in nok lol.
  • Wood_Sprite#1284Wood_Sprite#1284 Registered Users Posts: 312
    edited August 9
    For me this costs a little over a campaign pack's cost. This is ridiculous. Is there a new CA tradition to make sure the first DLC is always limping in?

Needless to say I'll wait for a sale. IE has more than enough content for me, and I've paid for that mode since WH1.
    My optimistic predictions:

RoC map will get expanded.
    Ind and Khuresh will get added to the game.
    CA will support the game for more than 5 years.

VOTE FOR MORE TREES ON CAMPAIGN MAP
    - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/320355/more-foliage-models-for-the-campaign-map
  • Neodeinos#5871Neodeinos#5871 Registered Users Posts: 15,858
    Azileza said:

That price is even more absurd when you remember that this DLC doesn't come with a genuine FLC lord. Belakor's model was already done.

Be'Lakor model was already done and could use some work because his model has a few bugs and is weirdly low res.
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,664
    The price is ridiculous considering that the DLC has only 1 new unit and 0 unique mechanics.
    Summon the Elector Counts!
  • ROUNDABOUT0ROUNDABOUT0 Registered Users Posts: 63
    Djau said:

Its got twice the amount of LLs and 36 units. Reskins or not it wasn't going to be the standard price.

Rhesus & Memnon had 49 new units and included far more new assets for £7.99. Theres not nearly enough new assets here. I can appreciate LL are expensive but the fact 80% of units assets are already in game, and there's only 1 new skeleton means we shouldn't be paying this much.

I say this as someone who would have happily paid £15 for truly new models for god marauders, warriors, chosen lords and heroes.
  • VenefcusVenefcus Registered Users Posts: 264
    Price isn't rage worthy, $20 would have been... but it still on the high side and makes me hesitant to buy. I'll have a lot to play with immortal empires, including some of my favorites like undead, skaven, empire. So I think I can wait for a sale. Likely won't write it off completely, but not sure I need it day 1.
  • mightygloin#2446mightygloin#2446 Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 6,123
    Greedy af price. I might buy it, but it won't be a positive review.
  • Djau#5149Djau#5149 Registered Users Posts: 12,145
    edited August 9

Djau said:

Its got twice the amount of LLs and 36 units. Reskins or not it wasn't going to be the standard price.

Rhesus & Memnon had 49 new units and included far more new assets for £7.99. Theres not nearly enough new assets here. I can appreciate LL are expensive but the fact 80% of units assets are already in game, and there's only 1 new skeleton means we shouldn't be paying this much.

I say this as someone who would have happily paid £15 for truly new models for god marauders, warriors, chosen lords and heroes.
    That's historical though, which is even more copypaste.

It could probably have been £10, but I don't see them releasing this DLC for £7.99

• SaintCorn#3148SaintCorn#3148 Registered Users Posts: 2,857
    At the discounted price of 14 dollars, I can probably justify spending on it. Honestly, this might actually be the only DLC where I really have wanted to just sit and wait for a discount. Like when it's down to ten or twelve dollars, it would probably be worth it.

• Kn_Gars#2718Kn_Gars#2718 Registered Users Posts: 3,275
    Bayes said:

KN_Gars said:

The Steam price is straight up weird since it is a lot cheaper over on the Microsoft store when I clicked that link, converted to Euros the Microsoft price is probably 10.99 (Steam shows Euros for me while Microsoft insists on using my native SEK)

Is it more expensive than a campaign pack for you as well? It is in nok lol.
    I've never trusted Steam currency conversion so I have the store set to Euro prices and the Euro price I get matches the dollar price I've seen in screenshots. No idea about the SEK price that Steam has. Epic seems to match the Steam price so it is probably just Microsoft that has gotten things wrong.
    The user formerly known as KN_Gars, thanks for the involunatry rename CA.
  • drogarito#2548drogarito#2548 Registered Users Posts: 1,767
    15 euros? For copy-pasta?
  • xDEMOSxxDEMOSx Registered Users Posts: 1,345
    not worth.

xDEMOSx said:

not worth.

i correct: not worth "in your opinion"
    And it's kind of obvious that it's not worth it in my opinion, how would I be worth someone else's opinion without referencing her?

But even so, this is not worth it as a whole.

• Surge_2#1464Surge_2#1464 Registered Users Posts: 11,864
    What is it in Canadian? $20?
    Kneel

• Lunaticprince#9972Lunaticprince#9972 Registered Users Posts: 6,846
    Nazjax said:

Really ? 15,99€ / 14,39€ (because 10 porcent preorder)

CA it's mostly reskins and re-use of base game mechanics. Most of the units should have been there day 1 on monogods roster.

Honestly I always try to defend them but they are really exagerating there.

That almost the price of 2 legendary lord in Germany!

What ?!!

No new mechanics just one expensive unit

If they atleast Gave full remodel I could bit overlook it but that is beyond **** l!

What the hell.!?

• Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,664
    Djau said:

Djau said:

It could probably have been £10, but I don't see them releasing this DLC for £7.99
    The thing is we only get 1 new unit. 1 new unit and that’s literally it. Don’t fall for the 36 new units statement. It’s a lie and you know that.
  • Kn_Gars#2718Kn_Gars#2718 Registered Users Posts: 3,275
    Djau said:

Djau said:

In the case of that DLC the "even more copypaste" claim is straight up false. It has far more new assets for it's units that this DLC. Given that all the new units other than the War Shrines reuses existing skeletons and animations just like the Troy DLC there shoyld not have been a significant difference in the cost of individual units. The only part of Champions of Chaos that is more expensive is the 4LLs.
    The user formerly known as KN_Gars, thanks for the involunatry rename CA.
  • AxiosXiphos#9040AxiosXiphos#9040 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,523
    It's definitely not the best value for money content CA have produced by a long shot.

But it's still comparatively cheap for the entertainment value it will give me. So whatever. Vote with your wallet.
  • Bayes#3307Bayes#3307 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,015
    ArneSo said:

Djau said:

Djau said:

The thing is we only get 1 new unit. 1 new unit and that’s literally it. Don’t fall for the 36 new units statement. It’s a lie and you know that.
    It all adds up to be quite a lot of new assets lets be fair. But is it 60% more than a normal LP to justify the price? Does not seem like it.
  • whatabs#4509whatabs#4509 Registered Users Posts: 225

Greedy af price. I might buy it, but it won't be a positive review.

Why you want to support this kind of practices?? Is not even about the price.. let them charge even 24$ I dont give a ****. Its about the reused assets and selling back those to us what we already own. 0 unique warriors and chosen and 0 unique mechanic for Lords. You have SO MUCH content to play with immortal empires why would you support this?
    Get it on sale when is around 5$ because this is how much this low effort deserves.
  • Surge_2#1464Surge_2#1464 Registered Users Posts: 11,864
    $19 Canadian with the discount. $5 per LL.

Sure?
    Kneel

Djau said:

Djau said:

It's really not more copy paste. The models and animations are in game already, and 80 percent of the assets are in game alread. if you bought a historical DLC faction where they just changed the helmets and recoloured the armour you'd be annoyed.
  • #902441#902441 Registered Users Posts: 7,489
    It'll probably sell well anyway, a Lord Pack containing two nude Dwarfs for twenty quid would be puchased by a lot of the players.

But it's a bit too much for what it actually contains.
    For in spite of all temptations. To belong to other nations. He remains an Englishman.
  • LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,738

It's definitely not the best value for money content CA have produced by a long shot.

But it's still comparatively cheap for the entertainment value it will give me. So whatever. Vote with your wallet.

143~ NOK is the price in norway.

Maybe its because electricity prices has gone way up since last winter started.

Eh, disregarding that i feel the price is a little bit too high. Still as someone pointed out, its less than half as cheap than ordering a fresh pizza where i live.

I don't really know how to conclude my feelings about this, i'll need to see a side by side unit comparison i think.

edited August 9
    Arsenic said:

It'll probably sell well anyway, a Lord Pack containing two nude Dwarfs for twenty quid would be puchased by a lot of the players.

But it's a bit too much for what it actually contains.

According to Steam Global top sellers, it was the 11th most sold if I remember right last time checked.

EDIT: 7th as of 18:51pm UK time.

Djau said:

Djau said:

It's really not more copy paste. The models and animations are in game already, and 80 percent of the assets are in game alread. if you bought a historical DLC faction where they just changed the helmets and recoloured the armour you'd be annoyed.
    So, Three Kingdoms DLC.

Bayes said:

ArneSo said:

Djau said:

Djau said:

It all adds up to be quite a lot of new assets lets be fair. But is it 60% more than a normal LP to justify the price? Does not seem like it.
    All the new helmets and shields maybe equate to the missing 5 new units we usually get with a LP.

A normal LP price would be fair for this LP.
  • mecanojavi99#6562mecanojavi99#6562 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 11,237
    It's cheaper than a campaign pack for me in €.

More than 4€ cheaper, even more if you wait and buy it from pages like Instant Gaming.

So while it's more expensive than I thought, isn't by far the worst case scenario.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
    Bayes said:

ArneSo said:

Djau said:

Djau said:

Not really. Warriors are mostly retextured helmets, and chosen lords and probably heroes have 2 new helmets, 2 new sheilds and a few new weapons.

That's about 24 new helmets, 24 sheilds and a few new weapons. Plus one genuinely new unit.
    Djau said:

Djau said:

Djau said:

So, Three Kingdoms DLC.
    And how well did that go down?
  • ParaneumanParaneuman Registered Users Posts: 74
    Anyone know the size of this dlc (and IE)? I hope its not another 120gb.