Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

"How do we make the horses look like khorne?" "I know red fur!"

destroyer67115destroyer67115 Registered Users Posts: 1,357

Gotta love when some reskins that are being sold to you are literally chaos spawn tier ****.

Look at that red fur and skin. Looks worse then taurox beastmen on release. Can't believe CA hasn't learned this looks bad.

Comments

• KrabbzKrabbz FranceRegistered Users Posts: 591
    You mean red armor?
  • mecanojavi99#6562mecanojavi99#6562 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 10,800
    Useless rage number 17...

There are easier ways to farm disagrees you know?
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • Sultschiem#8734Sultschiem#8734 Registered Users Posts: 3,496
    edited August 10
    Ehm yeah... red horse armor plus red particle effect on the hooves and eyes....

You realize that Chaos Knights of Khorne did not have their own model and if you wanted them you painted them red?

Thats....thats exactly how people used to make their god-aligned units....

There are no unique models and thats still the case in Age of Sigmar....you want Khorne Chaos Knights, you take the basic Chaos Knights and paint them red and maybe add some khorne elements on it, if you were skillful....

I mean I could rather understand you complaining about the Chariot itself having generic iconography instead of a khorne-symbol on top like the Chaos Shrine
  • destroyer67115destroyer67115 Registered Users Posts: 1,357
    Krabbz said:

You mean red armor?

No red furr. Look at the legs and ass.

Ehm yeah... red horse armor plus red particle effect on the hooves and eyes....

You realize that Chaos Knights of Khorne did not have their own model and if you wanted them you painted them red?

Thats....thats exactly how people used to make their god-aligned units....

There are no unique models and thats still the case in Age of Sigmar....you want Khorne Chaos Knights, you take the basic Chaos Knights and paint them red and maybe add some khorne elements on it, if you were skillful....

I mean I could rather understand you complaining about the Chariot itself having generic iconography instead of a khorne-symbol on top like the Chaos Shrine

Cool so it's fine to pay for a **** recolor in a video game.
  • DarthEnderX-#6513DarthEnderX-#6513 Registered Users Posts: 4,375

You realize that just because GW did a bad job, doesn't mean CA has to do a bad job?
    "Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,334
    Pretty sure it's just the horse already used by the Cultist of Khorne so it's just Red Barding.

So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

Pretty sure it's just the horse already used by the Cultist of Khorne so it's just Red Barding.

It's red half barding

It covers up to the shoulders. The furr and armor are the same shade of red.

You can see where the tail turns from red to black.

The fact the skin is as red as the armor is insane to me.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,951
    Speaking about the Warshrine. I do think that the Undivided version looks superb, but the monogod ones not so much.

From 8ED WoC AB:

Speaking about the Warshrine. I do think that the Undivided version looks superb, but the monogod ones not so much.

From 8ED WoC AB:

I don't really need em that different.

But the minotaur/chaos spawn skin recolor **** is grinding my gears.
  • Djau#5149Djau#5149 Registered Users Posts: 12,068

You realize that just because GW did a bad job, doesn't mean CA has to do a bad job?
    CA has to follow what GW allows.

Djau said:

CA has to follow what GW allows.
    You think GW had a red fur mandate?
    edited August 11

From 8ED WoC AB:

If I remember correctly, then Minotaurs of Khorne are proper remodels:

Chaos Spawn on the other hand:

Power Rangers.

If you wonder why Khorne Spawn looks different, then it's because it is reusing Beastmen version of the Chaos Spawn.
    Post edited by Maedrethnir on
  • Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Registered Users Posts: 5,938
    It's as expected.

From 8ED WoC AB:

Power Rangers.

If you wonder why Khorne Spawn looks different, then it's because it is reusing Beastmen version of th Chaos Spawn.
    Are they? I just hate their color anyway then. It needs to be toned way tf down.
  • DTAPPSNZ#5477DTAPPSNZ#5477 Registered Users Posts: 2,356
    Khornators are a great example of a good remodel.

CA did a really good job with them.
  • Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 38,459
    Okay.
    "It's no fun fighting people weaker than you." - The Beast

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Disciple of the Drybrush

• MrDragonMrDragon Registered Users Posts: 3,542
    edited August 11

Despite the many many many many many many many many many (repeat another 500+ times) sins of GW, I respect the notion that making the same unit entirely unique 5 times when other armies are also still in dire need of updating is kind of a waste.*
    Oh hey, you can apply that same logic to CA and explain my stance on all this nonsense about Chaos Warriors, Merauders and such.
    I'm already happy we're getting bespoke helmets and shoulders for 5 variations of the same unit.

Edit:
    *It's a pity GW spends most of that effort on making new slightly different space marines or stormcast, depending on your current preference of plastic crack addiction.
  • ArneSo#7705ArneSo#7705 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,060
    DTAPPSNZ said:

Khornators are a great example of a good remodel.

CA did a really good job with them.

Yeah they look awesome.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • #28957#28957 Registered Users Posts: 2,641

Useless rage number 17...

There are easier ways to farm disagrees you know?

I mean, you were pretty upset when people said the same about you spamming monogod threads... Just saying.
    Now I am known as "numbers".
  • ScreamimgEnvyScreamimgEnvy Registered Users Posts: 912

From 8ED WoC AB:

Power Rangers.

If you wonder why Khorne Spawn looks different, then it's because it is reusing Beastmen version of the Chaos Spawn.
    LMAOOOOO CA dudes are so proud about those recolored Spawns that they put them on Artstation LOL!

- "Hey, dude! How you made the new Spawns?"

- "Eheheh i recolored the 2016 old Spawn model! Standing ovation, thank you! Thank you! So much work"
    Team Monogods - #JusticeForTzeentch

MrDragon said:

Despite the many many many many many many many many many (repeat another 500+ times) sins of GW, I respect the notion that making the same unit entirely unique 5 times when other armies are also still in dire need of updating is kind of a waste.*
    Oh hey, you can apply that same logic to CA and explain my stance on all this nonsense about Chaos Warriors, Merauders and such.
    I'm already happy we're getting bespoke helmets and shoulders for 5 variations of the same unit.

Edit:
    *It's a pity GW spends most of that effort on making new slightly different space marines or stormcast, depending on your current preference of plastic crack addiction.
    It is not a waste at all. GW sells upgrade packs for Space Marines in Horus Heresy.

By the way, we are not getting bespoke pauldrons.
  • MrDragonMrDragon Registered Users Posts: 3,542
    edited August 11
    TBH, the textures on the spawn are pretty damn good for recolours... but yeah I can't deny that spawn feel like a big missed opportunity. The essence of the gods gone mad into amalgamated horrors of twisted flesh should not look as uniform as they do between the different gods.
    Warriors in different colours of armour with different hats I'm ok with, but the spawn make me sad.
    The base line model is pretty darn cool... but not cool enough that it wouldn't be nice to have:
    1. Fiery spouts, wings and feathers poking out the Tzeentch ones.
    2. Skull-studded flesh with burning brass spikes and bladed limbs for the Khorne ones.
    3. Oozing sores and bone vents spouting toxic gas along with sickly bloated bellies for the Nurgle ones.
    4. Carapace studded pincers, serpents and long whip-like tails on the Slaanesh ones.

I'm secretly still hoping for big unique Firewyrms and such, I'll forgive the spawn if they add a layer of super bespoke spawn in a later DLC as a tier 4 unit or something.
  • Sultschiem#8734Sultschiem#8734 Registered Users Posts: 3,496

Krabbz said:

You mean red armor?

The legs are on fire?

From 8ED WoC AB:

Power Rangers.

Look at the head of the chaos spawn and the back.

Its not just a reskin. the khorne one in particular has way more "teeth" around the neck area and has horns on its back instead of tentacles.

The slaanesh ones has insect legs than tentacles.

Not saying its an absolute amazing job or anything, but they had to cut corners somewhere to get all the important demons in.

I mean what are the major things missing for the demons? Its mostly LL and mounts, no?

Daemons were ALWAYS the most difficult roster because they have so many unique models they cannot reuse elsewhere.

Was already surprised we got the Plague Toads, which are Forgeworld already at launch.
  • ArneSo#7705ArneSo#7705 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,060

Krabbz said:

You mean red armor?

The legs are on fire?

From 8ED WoC AB:

Power Rangers.

Its not just a reskin. the khorne one in particular has way more "teeth" around the neck area and has horns on its back instead of tentacles.

Not saying its an absolute amazing job or anything, but they had to cut corners somewhere to get all the important demons in.

I mean what are the major things missing for the demons? Its mostly LL and mounts, no?

Daemons were ALWAYS the most difficult roster because they have so many unique models they cannot reuse elsewhere.

Was already surprised we got the Plague Toads, which are Forgeworld already at launch.
    The Khorne Spawn is the BM Spawn. 😉
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
    edited August 11

Krabbz said:

You mean red armor?

The legs are on fire?

From 8ED WoC AB:

Power Rangers.

Khorne:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/YgWQd

Slaanesh, Nurgle and Tzeentch:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/8OByx

Nothing is new.

Speaking about daemon models, CA cut corners wth them too.
    1. The Herald of Tzeentch is a Pink Horror with a beak, which is especially funny because in-game level up art shows a miniature version.
    2. The Lord of Change is mostly reusing Sarthorael's model. Wings are altered. Same old textures.
    3. The Exalted Lord of Change has a different head, altered wings and rearranged accessories. Same old textures.
  • HarveyJames#1968HarveyJames#1968 Registered Users Posts: 288
    green marauders these red horses.. yes trash job hope is just temporary art jobs before proper artwork is done on them
    edited August 11

green marauders these red horses.. yes trash job hope is just temporary art jobs before proper artwork is done on them

It most definitely is not a placeholder.
    Post edited by Maedrethnir on
  • xDEMOSxxDEMOSx Registered Users Posts: 1,345
    I don't understand why the horse has to be red, blue or green.
    The base color would be enough, the colors should only go on some prop.

After all, what sense does the horse be red, it was chosen by Khorne, for riding angrier than other horses?

I don't really care about this detail, I just left my thoughts about it, in my opinion it's a waste of time to paint colored horses, different flame effects on the hooves and props would be the most I would change.

From 8ED WoC AB:

Power Rangers.

LMAOOOOO CA dudes are so proud about those recolored Spawns that they put them on Artstation LOL!

- "Hey, dude! How you made the new Spawns?"

- "Eheheh i recolored the 2016 old Spawn model! Standing ovation, thank you! Thank you! So much work"
    To be fair, those are simple but good retextures, and it is a skill worth showing in one's portfolio. I have nothing against the artist. CA in general is to be blamed for these Monogod Chaos Spawns. Instead of cutting corners, they should have given them the same budget BM Chaos Spawn received.