Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Should Daemons of Chaos be done justice?

ConstantineZAynConstantineZAyn Registered Users Posts: 1,033
...or should they remain abandoned, with no proper tech tree, mechanics, no Be'lakor, no pure Daemon roster, etc. and built around the Daniel gimmick?

Was it right how CA treated this 8th edition race?
Daniel was a mistake.

#JusticeForDaemonsOfChaos

Comments

• ArneSo#7705ArneSo#7705 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,069
    It’s all over.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • mecanojavi99#6562mecanojavi99#6562 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 10,803
    That ship sailed long ago, CA would have to completely change the Race from the ground up and that isn't happening.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 6,826
    ArneSo said:

Creating Monogods was the right move.

But designing DoC all around Daniel and his body snatching mechanic was a mistake.

DoC should’ve been Be’Lakor with proper DoC mechanics and an authentic DoC tech tree.

I'm not sure body snatching is exactly the word you want to use here...
  • ConstantineZAynConstantineZAyn Registered Users Posts: 1,033

That ship sailed long ago, CA would have to completely change the Race from the ground up and that isn't happening.

Was it right to treat an 8th edition armybook race like this? What if they made monoskaven and butchered the united skaven race in a similar fashion?
    Daniel was a mistake.

• PedePede Registered Users Posts: 1,858
    Hard choice. I do really like a good well abandoned race with no proper tech tree or mechanics though..

Let me think on that for a bit.

• DarthEnderX-#6513DarthEnderX-#6513 Registered Users Posts: 4,377
    DoC were a mistake from the moment GW made them their own army.
    "Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
  • Djau#5149Djau#5149 Registered Users Posts: 12,068
    I don't think you could get an authentic Monogod experience within just the Daemons of Chaos, if done like their 8th Edition Book. I do think any Mortals should be removed from Daemons of Chaos and a proper Tech Tree given.

• yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Registered Users Posts: 4,227
    Yes they should. CA promised all armybooks would be playable in total war, a promise that they have failed at this point.

Of course, deleting monogods would be a huge waste at this point, they are already made and they are pretty cool. So the solution would be to make a new system where certain LLs could choose to play as one of several different races. Then give all the deamon lords access to this system, allowing them to pick between their monogod factions and their armybook one.

We already have a full deamon roster and 7 LLs that fit right in. With the new WoC update there are skill trees designed to be able to buff all deamons, especially for Be'lakor. The effort should be minimal for what would essentially be 4 completely new campaigns.

And the great part is, such a system would benefit both armybook and monogod fans equally. Just as armybook fans would get a full DoC exerience, the same system would allow the new WoC characters to be played as their respective monogod factions aswell. On top of that, certain current and future LLs might fit in with several different races too, such as Aranessa in VCoast/DoW or Arkhan in TK/Nagash race.
  • Heretical_Cactus#7598Heretical_Cactus#7598 Registered Users Posts: 2,796

Was it right to treat an 8th edition armybook race like this? What if they made monoskaven and butchered the united skaven race in a similar fashion?

The different Skaven Clans aren't like the different Chaos God race, heck, they are a Chaos God race, of the Great Horned Rat

Just like the Chaos Dwarfs are the Chaos God race of Hashut

So why would Hashut and the GHR, who are minor Chaos Gods have their own race when the 4 Major Chaos Gods wouldn't and have to share the same bed like they are Charlie's Grandparents
  • Ben1990#8909Ben1990#8909 Registered Users Posts: 2,611
    Well for starters the problem lies with their Army Book. Daemons didn't have enough stuff to warrant an army book that would allow you to play five different army combinations. Each Chaos Gods should've gotten more models for their armies. Preferably models that either further enhance the gameplay of their armies or give them a slight spin to their gameplay. Like 5-7 more models for each Chaos God. Now we're stuck with what we have.
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Registered Users Posts: 4,227
    Ben1990 said:

Well for starters the problem lies with their Army Book. Daemons didn't have enough stuff to warrant an army book that would allow you to play five different army combinations. Each Chaos Gods should've gotten more models for their armies. Preferably models that either further enhance the gameplay of their armies or give them a slight spin to their gameplay. Like 5-7 more models for each Chaos God. Now we're stuck with what we have.

The DoC armybook had more units than any of the 4 monogod races at launch. Also more than some other races like Ogre Kingdoms.
  • Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 38,468
    Yes.

Let me play as true Demons of Chaos.

#JusticeForChaos
    "It's no fun fighting people weaker than you." - The Beast

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Disciple of the Drybrush

• mecanojavi99#6562mecanojavi99#6562 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 10,803

DoC wasn't killed because of the MonoGods pal, the problem is CA hyperfocused the Race in Godslayer.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • razenb#1517razenb#1517 Registered Users Posts: 426
    Daemons should be changed for sure but i think we are stuck with what we have now. Dwarfs got 2 reworks and are still crap, vc is maybe good and fun now but we have to see. Norsca is ... dont know how to describe it...norsca.
    Geomatic web...
    The list could go on just for sp.
    Dont forget about the 2 guys playing pvp and the other 3 playing domination.

In short: maybe...in the future....
  • Belisaurio#7536Belisaurio#7536 Registered Users Posts: 210

DoC were a mistake from the moment GW made them their own army.

You played 7th too, eh?
  • davedave1124#4773davedave1124#4773 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 20,892
    Waste of time, just crack on with the game.
  • DTAPPSNZ#5477DTAPPSNZ#5477 Registered Users Posts: 2,361
    edited August 9
    They had a chance with Belakor, but decided to add him to the WoC.

CA doesn’t seem to care about them at all. They even added the new doom knight RoR to DoC multiplayer lol.

Surprised GW let them get away with all of this.

My opinion just rename the race to The Daemon Prince in campaign and keep the name DoC in custom and multiplayer.
  • ArneSo#7705ArneSo#7705 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,069
    DTAPPSNZ said:

They had a chance with Belakor, but decided to add him to the WoC.

CA doesn’t seem to care about them at all. They even added the new doom knight RoR to DoC multiplayer lol.

Surprised GW let them get away with all of this.

My opinion just rename the race to The Daemon Prince in campaign and keep the name DoC in custom and multiplayer.

It’s probably because GW also doesn’t care about pure DoC.

For ToW they also probably follow the AoS/WH3 Design.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,955
  • MisterSquidMisterSquid Florida, USARegistered Users Posts: 2,133
    Should they? Yes.

Will they? I doubt it.
    Remember: there's no reason to get angry on the forums. Be polite and respectful towards other people's opinions, even if you disagree.

Let Slip the Dogs of War - A fanmade Campaign Pack concept
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/303462/let-loose-the-dogs-of-war-a-fanmade-campaign-pack-concept
  • xDEMOSxxDEMOSx Registered Users Posts: 1,345
    One fine day, at CA's offices, someone had a brilliant idea for asset reuse.

"Hey guys why don't we create a fake LL using those Demon Prince assets"- Random employee.
    "Oh my god, you are a genius, now we can say we have 9 LL's playable instead of 8". -Boss, applauding the employee.

And then they create the DoC faction, which was very simple to create, just put all the ready-made assets together and give them a generic technology tree, But no , they prefer opt for the brilliant idea of building the entire race on top of a fake character the godslayer.

This is where DoC died, it wasn't monogods fault, the problem is very simple: CA.
    CA and his **** ideas, trying to reinvent the wheel and **** on everything they touch, as well as the genius idea of this horrible dlc.

• ConstantineZAynConstantineZAyn Registered Users Posts: 1,033
    xDEMOSx said:

"Hey guys why don't we create a fake LL using those Demon Prince assets"- Random employee.
    "Oh my god, you are a genius, now we can say we have 9 LL's playable instead of 8". -Boss, applauding the employee.

And then they create the DoC faction, which was very simple to create, just put all the ready-made assets together and give them a generic technology tree, But no , they prefer opt for the brilliant idea of building the entire race on top of a fake character the godslayer.

This is where DoC died, it wasn't monogods fault, the problem is very simple: CA.
    CA and his **** ideas, trying to reinvent the wheel and **** on everything they touch, as well as the genius idea of this horrible dlc.

Exactly this. And we're getting chaos lords ascending to daemonhood in this update. It makes total sense.
    arthadaw said:

The different Skaven Clans aren't like the different Chaos God race, heck, they are a Chaos God race, of the Great Horned Rat

So why would Hashut and the GHR, who are minor Chaos Gods have their own race when the 4 Major Chaos Gods wouldn't and have to share the same bed like they are Charlie's Grandparents
    Doesn't matter. It's an example. They did say they want to implement every armybook, but butchered one of them. What if they butchered skaven? This is unacceptable.
    Ben1990 said:

Objectively wrong. A united, pure Daemon roster actually feels like a proper race to play. They have various options for units and thematic builds that they can do. I can give an army more mobility by building it around Slaaneshi units. I can buff up a Tzeentchian army with a frontline of plaguebearers. I put a plagueridden with lore of nurgle into every army for healing. I've done 4 Daemon prince campaigns so far, and it's actually a proper faction, unlike the monogod "races" which are just daemons of each god and recolored WoC assets.
    Daniel was a mistake.

• Surge_2#1464Surge_2#1464 Registered Users Posts: 11,250
    ArneSo said:

DoC should’ve been Be’Lakor with proper DoC mechanics and an authentic DoC tech tree.

Pretty much.

Maybe his IE setup is close, but DoC were screwed by CA.
    Kneel

• Aic#3164Aic#3164 Registered Users Posts: 255
    They should really just rename them in game to Legion of Chaos to end this pointless debate, since they already admitted that there is no DoC in the game for now.
  • Heretical_Cactus#7598Heretical_Cactus#7598 Registered Users Posts: 2,796

xDEMOSx said:

Exactly this. And we're getting chaos lords ascending to daemonhood in this update. It makes total sense.
    arthadaw said:

Doesn't matter. It's an example. They did say they want to implement every armybook, but butchered one of them. What if they butchered skaven? This is unacceptable.
    Ben1990 said:

Objectively wrong. A united, pure Daemon roster actually feels like a proper race to play. They have various options for units and thematic builds that they can do. I can give an army more mobility by building it around Slaaneshi units. I can buff up a Tzeentchian army with a frontline of plaguebearers. I put a plagueridden with lore of nurgle into every army for healing. I've done 4 Daemon prince campaigns so far, and it's actually a proper faction, unlike the monogod "races" which are just daemons of each god and recolored WoC assets.
    The DoC book had to be butchered, Chaos as a thing, as a playable thing needed to be able to spead it's wings, and to be something else than the Dark horde, to be 4 (5) distinct forces
  • Djau#5149Djau#5149 Registered Users Posts: 12,068

xDEMOSx said:

arthadaw said:

Ben1990 said:

A united pure Daemon roster can't be played in a Monogod fashion. So Monos had to come anyway.

• babalebabale Registered Users Posts: 37

Monoskaven actually sounds amazing. Give each clan a set of units and make them jump through hoops to recruit other units.
  • Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 38,468

Dead meme bruh.

Should the "poggers!" guy really be complaining about other people using dead memes?
    Poggers is awesome.

I'm not complaining. Just pointing out that it's 4 years old at this point.
    "It's no fun fighting people weaker than you." - The Beast

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Disciple of the Drybrush

• brago90brago90 Registered Users Posts: 1,430
    Two things are certain, all the chaos gods had to come at the same time and if they did this there was no room to monetize a faction called daemons of chaos.