Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Nippon Army Proposal! What Army List concept would you like to see for Nippon if they are Re-make?

MakuhicoMakuhico Registered Users Posts: 411
Hi!

I bring some new army list proposal this time I prepared 3 army list for Nippon since I like the 3 Ideas but seem that would be difficult to implement in one army.

Option A
The Shogunate of Nippon! is basically the classical army list with a few twists like add wooden automatons (basicaly primitive robots) based in the ancient Japanese automat puppets as a bit more fantastical/special units.

Option B
The Fallen Kingdom of Nippon is basically Yokai army list with undead units, the strength of this army is that has the mayor number of etherial units that the other undead factions, including monsters.

Option C
The Kabutoshimi Hive mind is a Insectoid race, since the samurai take inspiration from some insects for the armor, well here the insect are the ones that look like samurai, a bit softer tyranids? kind of.

so which of this options will spark your interest in Nippon to be playable?

Nippon Army Proposal! What Army List concept would you like to see for Nippon if they are Re-make? 101 votes

The Shogunate Of Nippon
41%
SirEyeballSerkelet#1834MalruirMr_Finley7#4571RandirTyrant#1234lcmiracleYakintonbolero567FinishingLast#1402_Mad_D0c_KallisteWyvaxMaidros98DunabarEboceixasaweendra#3399ParaneumanGeorgeTrumanGreenColoured 42 votes
The Fallen Kingdom Of Nippon
37%
philosofoolAbhorash_DrSl#2943MaedrethnirNightOfTheDeadJTWTemudhun#3587Jo_Proulx#5293DragantisWirbzBabyYetima7moud_al_sharif#1337BaronRodney#9956Floki816Eth3ryasDjau#5149Chronoid#8775JToegiTheSnotling#6624Cosmic_Lich#1188sokarasDragonbroodlings 38 votes
The Kobutoshimi Hive Mind
20%
TyphoonNewt#4540boombaskdoclumbago#625055JoNNoXihuTimpeyobrago90Coldrage20J4R0DnyobienTheJef3PPerunMammothmanIronhelm#8763Hyture66destroyer67115coldboi9#5614pblllrrRahvinn#5465ROUNDABOUT0 21 votes

Comments

• Ironhelm#8763Ironhelm#8763 Registered Users Posts: 42
    The Kom Hive mind looks cool and would potentially give us something completely new
  • brago90brago90 Registered Users Posts: 1,430
    The third by discard.

However if they did Nipon I guess they would focus on the constant war against yokai/daemons and the use of weapons forged with daemonic essence and stuff like that.
  • WhySoSalty#3990WhySoSalty#3990 Registered Users Posts: 1,443
    a mix between human and oni/yokai
    My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperial, can you say the same?

• MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,955
    Aye, I will go with yokai!
  • MakuhicoMakuhico Registered Users Posts: 411

a mix between human and oni/yokai

I had that idea in mind but it didn't work out well when I put it together taking as reference the original army list.

I find out that if you put skeleton samurais instead of human samurais looks and fits better with Yokai.

• SaintCorn#3148SaintCorn#3148 Registered Users Posts: 2,846
    The Shogunate Of Nippon
    I would take all three. All on Nippon and all battling it out in a world where that's an option.

That being said, I am partial to the clockwork wooden robots and Samurai.

• DragantisDragantis PolandRegistered Users Posts: 789
    A mix of A and B. I want Nippon to be a dual aspect army, a mix of samurais and yokai.
    Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!
  • DarthEnderX-#6513DarthEnderX-#6513 Registered Users Posts: 4,377
    Of those 3, I guess option B. But I'd really prefer a race of Oni.

Anything is better than another human kingdom though.
    "Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
  • stephenparker7#6742stephenparker7#6742 Registered Users Posts: 161
    I would prefer a mix of A and B, but B sounded good.
  • coldboi9#5614coldboi9#5614 Registered Users Posts: 24
    These are some excellent options! All of them could provide a fun Nippon campaign but only the insect option would provide something entirely new. I think the monster options from the Fallen Kingdom have a lot of potential, it's a shame it will probably be years before Nippon is added :[
  • saweendra#3399saweendra#3399 Registered Users Posts: 18,941
    The Shogunate Of Nippon
    wanna change my answer option C

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• Abhorash_DrSl#2943Abhorash_DrSl#2943 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 128
    edited August 11
    Great discussion your options and images are excellent! I like fallen Kingdom of Nippon the most because I think Japanese monsters and zombies/skeletons would look great. It depends campaign wise though. If Nippon was option A I could see them being like the Bretonnia to Cathay, whereas with B they could be like Sylvania and be Cathays antagonist. If Hinterlands of Khuresh get added they could also be antagonists for Cathay and Nippon, so you get a good strategic game between a living, undead and snake/monster faction in that region. Undead Nippon would provide so a great opportunity for stunning event art and a eerie soundtrack.
  • Coldrage20Coldrage20 Registered Users Posts: 316
    Going 3 because its cool idea, something like 1 and a mix of 2 is much more likely
  • Surge_2#1464Surge_2#1464 Registered Users Posts: 11,250
    A version that incorporates all 3, but with Daemons as well.

Its very possible.
    Kneel

• Jo_Proulx#5293Jo_Proulx#5293 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,713
    nice, never seen that before but I would buy!
    "Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favored Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

~ Archaon, Lord of the End Times
  • talonn#7575talonn#7575 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,826
    As of now, it's most likely that nippon is 'still' a human faction based on Soteks interview with Andy
  • VikingHuscal1066VikingHuscal1066 Registered Users Posts: 4,062
    The Shogunate Of Nippon
    I have to go with Option A, as Nippon is supposed to be a human nation after all, but I could see some potential in Option B.

I think that if they went with Option B, they should kind of have different undead from what we've seen before, like the samurai should be elite death knights or something while the ashigaru could be your more standard zombie/skeleton units.

But I do think that Option A would work out pretty well, even compared to the idea of a slightly reworked Option B.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 23,596
    Trolling posts removed.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

• drogarito#2548drogarito#2548 Registered Users Posts: 1,649
    Whatever their army is, I'm gonna nuke em with Ikkit Claw.
  • Eth3ryasEth3ryas Registered Users Posts: 1,096
    We need more undead
  • D4nz0N1nj4Wr1t3rD4nz0N1nj4Wr1t3r Registered Users Posts: 134
    I have had ideas of my own...including Kitsune Fire Sorceress Hero, ninja bombers, oni with dual clubs and great kanabo, and mounted archers...as those were the original samurai.
  • OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 10,096
    None...

You don't have the Daemonic Anti-Hero race that has Zuvassin as their Patron Deity, and Oni Samurai.
    OdTengri said:

None...

You don't have the Daemonic Anti-Hero race that has Zuvassin as their Patron Deity, and Oni Samurai.

Bro i put many Oni units as high rank lol ripen I'm new tab and check in option B.

I have had ideas of my own...including Kitsune Fire Sorceress Hero, ninja bombers, oni with dual clubs and great kanabo, and mounted archers...as those were the original samurai.

Torinoko bombs are like an hability for ninja units.

Mounted archers are in option A

Oni Orges have the crub in option B
  • OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 10,096
    Makuhico said:

OdTengri said:

None...

Bro i put many Oni units as high rank lol ripen I'm new tab and check in option B.
    NOT UNDEAD...
    80% of option A is from the old army list.

Just some expansion on some units like ninjas that where only heros i make them some units.

Rest pretty much was there.

OdTengri said:

Makuhico said:

OdTengri said:

None...

NOT UNDEAD...
    I put
    Oni Samurai hero
    Oni Ninja hero
    Oni Ogres
    Oni Ogress caring cannons
    Mussassi as Oni Lord

Onís are Demons, Demons are evil spirits.
    Spirits include dead people spirits that turn into demons.

If not just say your definition of what a Oni is please.

• feanor0230feanor0230 Registered Users Posts: 9
    Definitly yokai.
    While I really like the samurai aesthetic, I fear Nippon would just be to similar to Cathey gameplaywise.
    Ideally I would love to see yokai and living samurai. Maybe a corrupted/spiritual shogunate
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 6,080
    The Shogunate Of Nippon
    Cathay is looking to be more fantastical overall, what with the draconic overlords and incoming inhuman things likely to come (monkey warriors, Onyx Crowmen, potentiallly Tigermen, etc.) For that reason I'd prefer if Nippon was more of a traditional human faction, relying more on good old fashion human grit more than anything else. That's not to say that they cannot have fantastical elements at all. Monstrous beasts such as Kirin as mounts and some more friendly yokai would be cool. But I'd rather not see another undead race take precedence (Legions of Nagash is more than enough, and traditional Vampire Counts covers pretty much all bases outside of Coast.) As for a hypothetical insect race, that's a massive missed opportunity for the setting and I'd love to see it, but I'd rather that Nippon isn't sacrificed at the altar for it.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    Me when I see a LL character implemented as a LH.

Warhammer Deserves Naval Battles

• Slayer_Yannir#8069Slayer_Yannir#8069 Registered Users Posts: 2,375
    A mix of A and B. I want an Imperial Japan with Shinobi and Samurai but I also want Oni and Tengu. And I don't want them to be Undead. Particularly not a mixed roster since that already limits your choices. You either go full undead or full living, there's no option inbetween. Aranessa and Sartosa, or the Sylvanian units in Vampire Counts, are a testament to that. I also don't want mechanical units or artillery. There was no historical artillery that was uniquely Japanese so let's just forget about it altogether.

Ashigaru was the name for an armed retainer of a samurai in Japan, like men-at-arms and squires would've been in Europe. Japanese Edo period military units were not named Ashigaru but it was the name for some of the individual soldiers in them. Despite what Shogun TW wants you to believe. I think if Nippon were to be a faction in Warhammer, I would like for it to depart from Shogun and not call its units Ashigaru.

I would like to see Nippon as a representation of what could've happened with Edo Japan if they had stayed isolated and never modernized with western weapons like guns. With yokai and kami as real, physical beings. Shinto priests as spellcasters and indigenous tribes of Japan like the Ainu people represented as animistic tribal warriors.

Mechanically I'd like for them to have fairly elite and mobile armies that rely on shock and terror to deal with their opponents. Like some of their missile units should use Whistling Arrows(a traditional japanese arrow-type) that reduce enemy leadership and their higher tier infantry should cause Fear by default.
    Formerly known as Yannir. Oaths have been taken.