Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

DLC top priorities. Factions needing a re-work, more units and parts of the map needing to be filled

TheTrue_LordAndyTheTrue_LordAndy Registered Users Posts: 985
edited August 13 in General Discussion
In terms of factions

Vampire counts, Dwarfs, Empire, Norsca and Lizardmen all need additional support.

Vampire counts for example could really use a DLC to get more units as they seem really underwhelming right now.

We know Chaos Dwarfs are coming so hopefully that comes soonish to fill the darklands.

Lastly Kislev and Cathay could use DLC.

Especially Cathay, Cathay's unit roster seems very limited to me. I probably won't startup an IE campaign with them until they get more units and support.

Comments

• razenb#1517razenb#1517 Registered Users Posts: 426
    i agree on most of this but what support does the empire need?
    i am pretty sure they get a minor rework with boris todbringer dlc but compared to the others it doesnt feel that bad.

i have a complete different feeling about cathay. i think they have enough units for the moment and should be really low priority (monkey king will add a bunch) and i dont see any need of support for them atm beside more caravan routes (which i am pretty sure will be added)
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 8,390
    In terms of reworks? LM and Norsca both need fairly major rework work. Vamps also need some more work on their campaign.

For DLC: Vamps, then Dwarfs are really in need of a DLC, TKs could also do with one as well as possibly Norsca. I would agree that Cathay needs DLC too, they are a bit limited.
  • IndefatigableIndefatigable Registered Users Posts: 475
    Dwarfs are fine, boring as hell, but fine. They had a rework along with the BM.

Lizardmen, although dull, are viable (and pretty strong) with some particularly good factions - Oxycontin and Tik imo. Sure, the geomantic web is dull as ditchwater but it is not a pressing issue.

It sounds like VCounts have been rebalanced for DIE already with new stats - they could use an update but it sounds like CA have at least given some though to balance.

Norsca would certainly benefit from more units, like the VCoast they are pretty sparce, more so due to the fewer lords.

All of the main factions in game 3 could use some expansion.
  • Djau#5149Djau#5149 Registered Users Posts: 12,059
    -Monogods need new Lords desperatly that are actually within their faction for alternative starts
    -Kislev is good on LLs and Cathay's doing ok so far if they get a FLC with Chaos Dwarves, buuuut both need roster expansions
    -Norsca, Vampire Counts, Dwarves, Vampire Coast, Tomb Kings and Lizardmen all need Reworks + DLC.
    -Skaven need Thanquol, Verminlords and Stormfiends
    -Chaos Dwarves needed to finish Darklands
    -Ogres need their one Lord Pack.

All that come to mind.

• DunabarDunabar Registered Users Posts: 62
    My main concern with Cathay DLC comes down to the amount of possible Legendary Lord Dragons they can have. Yes the Monkey King will help breakup the Legendary Lord Dragon repetition. But, if every Legendary Lord Character after the Monkey King is just another Dragon, then Cathay DLC might get rather stale featuring yet another Dragon as the Cathayan face of the DLC. So, I would personally like to see the following take place regarding any DLC featuring Cathay.
    1. Paid DLC #1 featuring Cathay - Monkey King as the featured Cathayan Legendary Lord to break up the Dragon repetition.
    2. Paid DLC #2 featuring Cathay - Yin-Yin as the featured Cathayan Legendary Lord to bring another named Dragon into the mix.
    With the Yin-Yin DLC, Cathay should then get it's first Free Legendary Character, and that Character in my opinion should be an original mortal Cathayan Human that serves on the behalf of Yuan Bo, the Jade Dragon. While Yuan Bo would be the Diplomatic face of his Faction, it would be this Cathayan Human that serves as the Commander of the Jade Dragon's forces while Yuan Bo plays primarily like a Cathayan version of the Green Knight. Only appearing on the battlefield when certain things align to make it happen.

Doing this would allow CA to add another Legendary Cathayan Dragon Character without falling into that Legendary Lord Dragon repetition trap. Plus it would give this mortal Cathayan Human a rather unique place in TW:Warhammer 3 as they wouldn't be the Monkey King and they wouldn't be yet another named Dragon.

• Lotor12Lotor12 Registered Users Posts: 930
    Kislev needs a melee fighter hero
  • Bayes#3307Bayes#3307 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,985
    The two things we really need is chaos dwarfs and a lp with cathay + someone else who starts in the east, + a flc that starts in the east.

The east has so much potential, but is so barren in terms of start positions and variety.
  • damon40000#7640damon40000#7640 Registered Users Posts: 1,773
    Goatforce said:

In terms of reworks? LM and Norsca both need fairly major rework work. Vamps also need some more work on their campaign.

For DLC: Vamps, then Dwarfs are really in need of a DLC, TKs could also do with one as well as possibly Norsca. I would agree that Cathay needs DLC too, they are a bit limited.

aside from geomantic web what else to rework for lizards, they already have everything and their WH3 buffs were pretty good
    BsFG dwarf
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,937
    edited August 14
    The Lizardmen should be at the top. Then Vampire Counts, and after them the High Elves.

/edit/

I forgot to mention Bretonnia. It should be at the top because It is the only race where LL doesn't have unique voicelines and model. I speak of Alberic.
    Post edited by Maedrethnir on
  • General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 5,324
    razenb said:

i am pretty sure they get a minor rework with boris todbringer dlc but compared to the others it doesnt feel that bad.

i have a complete different feeling about cathay. i think they have enough units for the moment and should be really low priority (monkey king will add a bunch) and i dont see any need of support for them atm beside more caravan routes (which i am pretty sure will be added)

They need tech tree update, need skills update for heros and lords, need a dlc. And could use a religion rework.

Lizardmen, although dull, are viable (and pretty strong) with some particularly good factions - Oxycontin and Tik imo. Sure, the geomantic web is dull as ditchwater but it is not a pressing issue.

It sounds like VCounts have been rebalanced for DIE already with new stats - they could use an update but it sounds like CA have at least given some though to balance.

Norsca would certainly benefit from more units, like the VCoast they are pretty sparce, more so due to the fewer lords.

Dwarfs are absolutely not fine. They need a roster rework, growth changes and a dlc.

Lizardmen need a mechanics overhaul

Goatforce said:

aside from geomantic web what else to rework for lizards, they already have everything and their WH3 buffs were pretty good
    Web, spawning, general rework like WH1 races got, cult of Sotek, nakai etc

Goatforce said:

Web, spawning, general rework like WH1 races got, cult of Sotek, nakai etc
    to rework temple guard like hammerers :) , but yeah some stuff could be improved
    BsFG dwarf
  • Kn_Gars#2718Kn_Gars#2718 Registered Users Posts: 3,231
    razenb said:

The Empire is funtctional but that is not the same as being in good condition, there are a number of issues that need to be fixed. First and foremost the Elector Count mechanic:

The WH2 Empire rework was ambitious but suffered from numerous problems with bugs and poor balance. Based on the Empire streams I've been watch many of the most serious problems are still present in IE. Indeed the impact of some problems will be worse in WH:
    • Missing diplomatic options including the ability to join wars or make alliances with the Elector Count factions, in WH3 this means that not only will you not have access to replacements when defending Elector Count territory, you will also not have access to the new Outpost or War coordination mechanics. That removes a lot of new gameplay from the Empire campaign and it is very inconsistent that you can't give other Empire provinces the same assistance you give to Kislev or Bretonnia. (But Markus and Volkmar will be able to assist the Elector Counts since they are not part of the Elector Count system....)
    • The Imperial Authority system is unblanced, there are far more ways to loose authority than to gain it. In WH2 this had a limited impact since the Empire seldom came under sustained threat early on but in WH3 the new enemies added to the map means that you can easily get into a downward spiral of lost authority as Elector Counts are wiped out while you have not way to compensate for the loss. This also delay or outright blocks confederation with the Elector Counts as it costs -3 authority.
    • The script that generates the various events tied to Elector Count mechanic would break from time to time which meant that you lost a significant source for all the currencies tied to the mechanic (fealty, authority and prestige).

There were other bugs that plauged the mechanic as well but these are the most significant problems.

In addition the Empire is still missing a lot of content. When the majority of the core races from the previous games have at least 6 legendary lords the Empire still only has 4 and it is the only core race that has no FLC lords. Which is odd given that there are a lot of Empire characters available that had both rules and models in the tabletop game. In addition there are more than a few units missing from the Empire roster.

Fixing the problems with the Elector Count mechanic is something that needs to be done as soon as possible during the Beta phase of IE. Adding characters and units can be done through DLC and while Empire does not have the highest priority compared to Norsca or the Vampire Counts it should get content soon after those.

The user formerly known as KN_Gars, thanks for the involunatry rename CA.
  • TheTrue_LordAndyTheTrue_LordAndy Registered Users Posts: 985
    razenb said:

Empire specifically when playing Karl Franz need a touch up on imperial authority gain/loss balancing.

Also events that ask you to send reinforcements to electors under attack need to provide you with more units, the forces you get often seem too few buy like 1 or 2 units.

Also, I feel like the Empire could use a DLC since they are so popular and haven't seen much change for a long time, but yes they are not nearly in as bad a spot as compared to the other races I listed.
    Counts, Dwarfs then Empire and Elves
    BsFG dwarf
  • davedave1124#4773davedave1124#4773 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 20,883
    Warlord Clans please.. due to the DLC factions being so good it makes the Warlord Clans seem worse.
  • Pr4vda#6038Pr4vda#6038 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,324
    The empire could get so much more.

Ulrican DLC, bringing new or reworked LL, new units, but also something related to the religions inside the Empire. Religions should have a bigger role imo. Sigmar, Ulric, Taal, etc. It has an impact on the relationship between the Elector Counts, but often about a vision they have about Chaos and the World in general I think. Add Luthor Huss as a LL or LH through FLC

Then, something tied to the Knights Orders. Such forces are not just Knights. They are Orders. They serve under some conditions. You have an inner circle, a commander etc. It would be a great DLC with Kurt Helborg.

Team Dawis

Dawis shall purge all their fallen Karaks, with the blood of the Greeskins and the skavens !
  • talonn#7575talonn#7575 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,823
    razenb said:

No, they don't. They should be next in line before/after chorfs
  • NameAlreadyExistsNameAlreadyExists Registered Users Posts: 284
    I think Norsca is in dire need of a major rework and maybe even a dlc with a new lord and some new units.

Tomb Kings would also qualify for a rework because their mechanics - while good at release - feel underwhelming now, that so many other cool things have been introduced during game two and game three (just look at Ikit Claw, Throt or Grom for example). I also like to see Apophas and the Khemric Titan to be added to the game.
  • MakuhicoMakuhico Registered Users Posts: 411
    CA claim recently they have a bigger team for the DLC so they can produce more DLC content more often.

So let's hope they can solve this and deliver new content.
  • Slugus#5078Slugus#5078 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 724

What is DIE?
  • Number#1064Number#1064 Registered Users Posts: 3,134
    Makuhico said:

CA claim recently they have a bigger team for the DLC so they can produce more DLC content more often.

Indeed, but I'm a skeptical man, I'll believe when I see.
  • Slugus#5078Slugus#5078 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 724
    Manpersal said:

Makuhico said:

Indeed, but I'm a skeptical man, I'll believe when I see.
    Yeah it was never really confirmed, just a random comment that people read a lot into
  • davedave1124#4773davedave1124#4773 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 20,883

Seems pretty reasonable. As long as they don't run into any major issues with stability, DLCs could well be delivered more often than they were in game two.
  • TancredIIQuenelles#3970TancredIIQuenelles#3970 Registered Users Posts: 1,302
    I think we should not mix dlc, rework and flc. These are 3 different things that different races either nrrd or not need. For example have missing units bottle rocket with **** and need no rework I need but will be good with a flc that includes only the legendary lord to play for example. So I separate everybody into several categories see who needs what.

I think it'll be easier too grade them by parts of the game and say who needs what.

Empire - they I need a deal CS they have to view legendary lords to play. They need a minor rework. They'll benefit from a skinning old textures of part 1 to make them more in line with later game models.

Devops are the same they have material to make a DLC they can get a minor rework and update of textures.

I'm by accounts I certainly in the same situation they need bloodlines they have units there is a lot of job to be done with them even more than with divorce for example.

Orcs can get a nice big deal see like orders of cares good because they have a lot and a lot of units to be included which I just options of weapons and variants of heroes which have already had got models but they are quiet nice candidates Ffor a DLC orders of cares got.

Bretonnya needs just a big revork a free LC legendary lord and legendary loads and heroes opened by Heraldry in tech tree which will spice them up and they need to finish and heroes because they are looking just generic and more grail blazons them and give them proper look.

Wood elves go to nice revoke so they don't need it and they do not have material for a DLC but a free legendary lord and the last missing unit Shadow dancer on the top of it would be really appreciated. And some reskins - allblond archers and brunetteonly hth units look stupid.

Basemen are in an interesting situation as they have said that they are already making marked variance of roads and this is Taurox. They can either get have orders of carol's treatment with several missing legendary lords and massive reskins of marked beastmen or get nothing.

As for nosca I do not think they need some more units and the DLC but they definitely need an update of mechanics and the free legendary lord. As for me North cabos a mistake from the beginning stealing some units from waters of chaos and developers time for doing them because in general they are just a boring spam of units from waters of care and some riskins and will never be interesting as their donors.

Chaos Warriors
    I think they ll get access tomore units that will be done for monogods later on and that's it.

Part 2
    High elves have units fot dlc and need a rework. And uniforms and heraldry shields reyaxtures now their shields are unloreful and disgusting.

Lissies got overbloated with stupid lazy units got 7 LLs but direly need a rework. And another flc LL is always good.

Dark elves - in better mechanics state then lisdies also all units are done. But some tech twaeks and a flc LL are to be done as well as uniforms and heraldry shields retexture.

Skaven. In dore need of rework to nerf them. Ai races need rework to search ruins more active as skaven are nearly invisible and invincible to them. Revork garrisons and remove varlock ans instead add chiftain. The most cheesy garrison in the game most losses against them.

Tomb Kings need a serious rework and have units for a good dlc.

Vampirates - l think they are quite ok. Flc LL and some rework tveaks are always good. If they add a massive reskin and make allmortal army for Arabesda it d be good.

Part 3 races all need more content. Kislev needs rework of tech tree as well.

• MODIDDLY1#9212MODIDDLY1#9212 Registered Users Posts: 1,189
    Brettonia- All lords play pretty much the same, with Repanse having the water system, which... lets you not take attrition from things that no one else takes attrition from anyway. Need some more units and the lords tweaked to be a bit more unique playthroughs.

Norsca- Both lords use the same faction mechanics, and while better with the changes for game 3, need more units to fill out the 6e army list like the Shaman Lord, Valkyrie Hero, beastmaster infantry as well as some originals, the maurader model to be made a bit more unique to Norsca considering it's used 10 times, and more lords, and LLs that play different from one another. Also Throgg... Throgg...

Counts- Mannfred and Ghorst getting unique mechanics is a good step in the right direction. Need more bloodlines lords (Red Duke, Neferata, Ushoran, Zacharias) and units for those bloodlines (Unmounted Blood Dragons with greatswords, Swains, Charnel Guard, Flesh Golems)

Empire- Need more elector counts, as either LL's or semi-LL's like Toddy, an Engineer pack for Nuln, and Gelt to get a bit of a more unique experience.

• NoSkill4U#6552NoSkill4U#6552 Registered Users Posts: 5,153
    razenb said:

They need their elector count system to be relevant AFTER you confederated all the counts OR make it so that confederating them is not the go-to option.

Currently the Empire elector system is a more colorful way to the same end.

Also, the events of the elector mechanic need more and more elaborate choice-options.
    Also more events that make you interact indirectly with other factions via Dilemmas ( like Averland insulting Bretonnia; you have to stop a war).

Basically fine-tuning.

Also Boris Todbringer and the Cult of Ulric.