Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Your attitude towards Helman Ghorst

124»

Comments

• Caffynated#2235Caffynated#2235 Member Registered Users Posts: 1,462
    In a vacuum he is an interesting character. He's just a minor and unimportant part of the VC story and roster.

I like him in game, but would have preferred a major character. Should have been a legendary hero that VC factions can recruit by completing certain events.
  • OdTengri#8235OdTengri#8235 Registered Users Posts: 10,187
    Helman Ghorst was the Best Worst decision CA has ever made.
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 6,929

And because of such statements, I have a question. What exactly is the reason for the hatred of Helman? And I actually don’t understand such hatred for him, given that at the moment he is one of the interesting characters with his own chips and his own history. And don't take it as a mistake, as it was actually a curious choice to make him a legendary lord.

Because he is basically just a scrap-piece of lore turned to the forefront for no reason at all. In favour of much more important and well-known characters.
    Enforest said:

His history consists of one or two paragraphs in Sigmar's Blood supplement and all it basically says is that Helman was a good man, but lost his brothers due to a plague, tried to bring them back, turnt to necromancy and went insane.

Like this.
    But it still seems like pointless anger and resentment towards him. You just need to come to terms with it and at least be glad that everything will be ahead.
    It is never pointless to loathe Ghorst. He costed VC a proper LL.
    And anyway, given that he has his own chips, buffs and similar bonuses, then hating him ... is senseless and unfounded
    Oh, I disagree. At the end of the day, he is still Ghorst, a nobody and LL spot thief.
    implying there are "spots" and that there's even a hard limit how many LL a faction can have
  • Caffynated#2235Caffynated#2235 Member Registered Users Posts: 1,462

And because of such statements, I have a question. What exactly is the reason for the hatred of Helman? And I actually don’t understand such hatred for him, given that at the moment he is one of the interesting characters with his own chips and his own history. And don't take it as a mistake, as it was actually a curious choice to make him a legendary lord.

Because he is basically just a scrap-piece of lore turned to the forefront for no reason at all. In favour of much more important and well-known characters.
    Enforest said:

His history consists of one or two paragraphs in Sigmar's Blood supplement and all it basically says is that Helman was a good man, but lost his brothers due to a plague, tried to bring them back, turnt to necromancy and went insane.

Like this.
    But it still seems like pointless anger and resentment towards him. You just need to come to terms with it and at least be glad that everything will be ahead.
    It is never pointless to loathe Ghorst. He costed VC a proper LL.
    And anyway, given that he has his own chips, buffs and similar bonuses, then hating him ... is senseless and unfounded
    Oh, I disagree. At the end of the day, he is still Ghorst, a nobody and LL spot thief.
    implying there are "spots" and that there's even a hard limit how many LL a faction can have
    There's a limit to how many DLC and FLC will be released. Ghorst is the only DLC lord VC have gotten in 6 years.
  • Lord_Zarkov#7252Lord_Zarkov#7252 Registered Users Posts: 1,920
    Walkabout said:

Enforest said:

Helman Ghorst is one of the biggest mistakes that CA has done in this trilogy. He never deserved LL status, not LH, not even a mention at all anywhere in the game. He was never a major character in any shape or form. He probably stole Konrad von Carstein's spot. His inclusion is on par with the disaster of rumping in the (extremely barebones version of the) living pirates of Sartosa with the Vampire Coast instead of the Southern Realms/DoW.

I can't say I "hate" him, but there is a good dozen of characters who might have been a much better pick for a DLC VC LL.
    Isn’t he also in one of the novels Vampire Wars or the Black Plague series? I remember reading a novel with Ghorst in it which is why I like him as LL. Cool back story for RP.
    No, that’s Vanhel (of the Danse Macabre fame). Ghorst only ever appeared in Sigmar’s Blood right at the end of WFB.
  • Walkabout#1505Walkabout#1505 Member Registered Users Posts: 2,978

Walkabout said:

Enforest said:

Helman Ghorst is one of the biggest mistakes that CA has done in this trilogy. He never deserved LL status, not LH, not even a mention at all anywhere in the game. He was never a major character in any shape or form. He probably stole Konrad von Carstein's spot. His inclusion is on par with the disaster of rumping in the (extremely barebones version of the) living pirates of Sartosa with the Vampire Coast instead of the Southern Realms/DoW.

I can't say I "hate" him, but there is a good dozen of characters who might have been a much better pick for a DLC VC LL.
    Isn’t he also in one of the novels Vampire Wars or the Black Plague series? I remember reading a novel with Ghorst in it which is why I like him as LL. Cool back story for RP.
    No, that’s Vanhel (of the Danse Macabre fame). Ghorst only ever appeared in Sigmar’s Blood right at the end of WFB.
    Thanks for the info. Yea it’s been years since I read them.
    Live your life and try to do no harm.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Evelyn Beatrice Hall