Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

A poll for science - Do you actually care about Blood pack ?

#3846#3846 Registered Users Posts: 114
This might be the only thing I've never understood in this forum. The absolute paramount hype for blood pack. The dramas it creates. The deceptions it leads to. The joy it provides.

Now the people needs to know :

A poll for science - Do you actually care about Blood pack ? 215 votes

I care about Blood Pack (explain please)
54%
drunkeneagle#4406Freden#5415Darmock#1554dadamovskySlugus#5078justyhawkWunderb0r#2088bli-nk#6314Serkelet#1834TyphoonNewt#4540talonn#7575RonNLMaedrethnir#1968Nitros14#7973steam_16452095435484iwoVrItharus#3127Archimonde#3681tobapuw77#8361TombetBarnak#8188 118 votes
I don't care about Blood Pack
45%
davedave1124#4773LESAMA#5456KandraxPantGeneralTSteph_F_Davidepic_159759403194VZOItLJPr4vda#6038JowenLaindeshNarveid#1610sykall#1105SusaVile#9835Bayes#3307Druidsbrook#6139Weisskreuz#9125NightOfTheDeadCommissar_G#7535Orontes#2247Caffynated#2235 97 votes

Comments

• Stephince#6150Stephince#6150 Registered Users Posts: 3,300
    Blood for the blood god!
  • MalalTheRenegade#5644MalalTheRenegade#5644 Registered Users Posts: 888
    Blood and dismemberments add to the immersion.

I'm glad there is a slider though, in previous games the effects were over the top.
  • Killertut#9655Killertut#9655 Registered Users Posts: 1,110
    i like the dismemberment and additional combat animations of the blood pack.

the blood itself is not important and i will dial it down quite a lot, thank god for sliders.

no more tomato warriors.
  • VenefcusVenefcus Registered Users Posts: 264
    Though I don’t think it should be separate or cost money. Blood should be in base game. But whatever. It’s here at this point.
  • lcmiracle#6727lcmiracle#6727 Registered Users Posts: 1,006
    I want to see red... but not waaaaayyyyy too much
  • drogarito#2548drogarito#2548 Registered Users Posts: 1,756
    I care about chat and mouse pointer dlc!
  • PoorManatee6197#6481PoorManatee6197#6481 Registered Users Posts: 2,546
    I dont care about the blood DLC as it is, it should be part of the base game (yes, I know about the +18 blahblahblah, I dont care), but if they make it DLC they could at least make it worth it with new animations or something, specially in this game there is a lot of potential for different types of death animations.
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Karaz Bryn, Karag Dum, Karak Vlag, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

All those missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!

IT'S HOBGOBBO TIME!!!!!!!
    #JusticeForKurgan
  • saweendra#3399saweendra#3399 Registered Users Posts: 19,303
    I already have it aka don't care.

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• GloatingSwine#8098GloatingSwine#8098 Registered Users Posts: 2,531
    Nope.

If it was a built in feature (and didn't look like everyone in battle was a bag of jam) I'd have it turned on, but I'm not paying for it.
  • mecanojavi99#6562mecanojavi99#6562 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 11,221
    Why wouldn't I care about something that improved the game? I haven't touched Khorne yet because of the lack of Blood DLC.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered Users Posts: 66
    No.

It looks terrible.
  • Maedrethnir#1968Maedrethnir#1968 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 17,205

Blood is transformative. It is what brings gravity to the battlefeld!
  • Valkaar#2507Valkaar#2507 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,758
    edited August 16
    I care about it IF they've toned it down and fixed performance.

I LIKE blood in Total War games. It adds to atmosphere and immersion.

I do NOT like the way blood has been handled in this trilogy.

I like something that slowly builds over the course of a battle so you can see a lone blood soaked unit and know they've really been through the ringer and performed well for you as opposed to another unit that only did some flanking here and there. I like something that BLENDS IN to the cloth and textures of the unit so I can still the faded and warped colors of what my unit looks like, with the blood alongside its chainmail.

Now it's: Oh did two units tickle each other for 5 seconds? BUCKETS OF KETCHUP! MINUS 15-20 FPS! Woot! And we're covering it like a coat of paint! Replacing the textures! No blending! Blending is for noobs! Rawr! This is instant gratification anime blood and you're gonna like it! Ughhhh!

^I hate that version of blood and leave it turned off. It's cartoony and over the top and stupid.

But I'm not opposed to blood in principle. I've just been waiting for it to be handled correctly.

I hope! this slider is a step in the right direction. But I'm skeptical.
  • Surge_2#1464Surge_2#1464 Registered Users Posts: 11,800
    The hitbox and collision issues are masked by the blood.

It's jarring to not have blood.
    Kneel

• SaintCorn#3148SaintCorn#3148 Registered Users Posts: 2,856
    How can I play Khorne without Blood?

• bli-nk#6314bli-nk#6314 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,959
    Have yet to buy a blood pack for any TW game but with the intro of the slider and since I only have to buy 1 pack for WH3 I am considering this one.

Previoustly the blood packs were cartonnishly over the top stupid. Bloodless battles are a bit weird but worse was the lakes of blood after a handful of deaths. Bodies can bleed alot but when completely exsanguinated they are not going to create a blood lake unless it is literally several thousands whose volume would fill the lake thrice over if the bodies were still alive.
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society.” Mark Twain
  • Red_Menousse#8056Red_Menousse#8056 Registered Users Posts: 180
    If the blood was more like medieval 2 I would have bought it by now.

I hate the way it was implemented in wh1 and 2 so I won't be buying until I'm sure it looks good.
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,587
    Nope couldn’t care less. Won’t even use it probably.
    Summon the Elector Counts!
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,587

Why wouldn't I care about something that improved the game? I haven't touched Khorne yet because of the lack of Blood DLC.

Well… does it improve the game? I would personally say no.
    Summon the Elector Counts!
  • TancredIIQuenelles#3970TancredIIQuenelles#3970 Registered Users Posts: 1,329
    edited August 16
    I bought it for part 1 and uninstalled it. For part 2 installed and then removed - hope slider makes blood looking organic and not just repaint models red.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 16
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Caffynated#2235Caffynated#2235 Member Registered Users Posts: 1,462
    I have the prior blood pack and leave it off because it is comically bad. I don't anticipate ever turning it on in WH3.
  • OmegaJak#7170OmegaJak#7170 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 310
    'Care' is probably the wrong word. I've already got it, and I'm glad because it looks good if you turn it down a bit (I used a mod to reduce it in TWW2) and there's going to be an option to do that this time in-game.
  • yolordmcswag#6132yolordmcswag#6132 Registered Users Posts: 4,259
    I think it looks better with blood, less cartoony in a way (even if the blood is exaggerated and unrealistic). Also I like the grittiness in total war, seing streets filled with corpses add to the feeling and stakes of the battles, and the blood is part of that. Especially in Warhammer that gritiness is important, as it is a big part of the feel of the setting.
  • mecanojavi99#6562mecanojavi99#6562 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 11,221
    ArneSo said:

Well… does it improve the game? I would personally say no.
    It changes battles from bad acting competitions where everyone simply throw themselves to ground into actual bloody battlefields, so yes, it's an improvement, specially now that you can customise how much blood you want.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • Steph_F_DavidSteph_F_David Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    I care about it: I want to disable it as fast as I can...
  • Pr4vda#6038Pr4vda#6038 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,326
    I did buy it a long time ago, to support the game, but that's not something I care that much, especially when it was "too much" effects. If there is a slider it would be perfect for me, to turn it a bit.
    Team Dawis

Dawis shall purge all their fallen Karaks, with the blood of the Greeskins and the skavens !
  • XxXScorpionXxX#2310XxXScorpionXxX#2310 Registered Users Posts: 6,020
    edited August 16
    what do you mean explain? It's a visual spectacle that's included for free in most other games. To my knowledge this is the only game where you have to literally pay for blood effects.
    Request scorched body textures, and fire death effects. At least 30% of all damage in this game comes from fire sources. Request Fire for the Fire God DLC.
  • b_took#1657b_took#1657 Registered Users Posts: 387

what do you mean explain? It's a visual spectacle that's included for free in most other games. To my knowledge this is the only game where you have to literally pay for blood effects.

In my experience, turn-based strategy games have never really gone to the effort of making blood and gore a part of the experience.
  • Tennisgolfboll#5877Tennisgolfboll#5877 Registered Users Posts: 13,278

I care about it: I want to disable it as fast as I can...

This but only because CA has done it so poorly.

I like blood and gore in my games a lot (Fallout etc)
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.