Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

OP towers needs to be nerfed now

BulbikBulbik Registered Users Posts: 7
Seriously its more important than anything else right now. City battles are still absurd and unfun for attacker with how big range of towers and their dmg is and how easily AI spam them everywhere.
18 votes

Logged for future review · Last Updated

We are aware of the current feedback on siege battle deployables.

Comments

• mightygloin#2446mightygloin#2446 Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 6,123
    Buildables make me want to reroll the so called siege rework lol.
  • KayosivKayosiv Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,849
    I don't mind towers, but they shouldn't be deadlier than the garrison or able to be rebuilt.

Towers should exist at the start of the battle, and that is it.
    Space Frontier is a sci-fi themed board game I've designed for 2-4 players. Please take a look and enjoy our free Print-and-Play at FreezeDriedGames.com

If you have any questions about tactics or mechanics in Total War Warhammer multiplayer, feel free to PM me.
  • steam_164513001031eHXO85Jsteam_164513001031eHXO85J Registered Users Posts: 2
    edited August 26
    Completely agree that there needs to be a sige reword 2.0

Few suggestions:

1. Tier 1 and 2 minor cities should be open field battles... seriously tier 1 settlement is a VILLAGE not some towery spam hell hole.
    2. I do not mind tower being built during battle, however, once dead tower should stay dead - I know game is not realistic as such, however some common sense... if the enemy killed the bloody tower they also killed peasants building it.
    3. Resources should not GROW during battle, they should be limited by province - bigger province = more resources, and they should be available only pre-battle.
    4. (sarcastic) oh please please make the pathways even narrower so AI could calulate smallest of holes to shoot me through while my whole army derps around

On slightly different subject - Ambush fights are also meh... you left AI the ability to run for it... which it does... always... seriously pointless mechanic at this stage.

And last but not least - AI fights only in settlements... first occasion it gets it is B lining to a settlement, and as we have already stated - settlement battles are ANNOYING.

Seriously I'd rather have Warhammer 2 boring sieges back than this mess.
  • Loupi#8512Loupi#8512 Registered Users Posts: 3,744
    should only be buildable during deployment phase

• rinsuirinsui Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 105
    Totally disagree with all the posts above. Rebuildable towers and barricades was maybe the best new invention in Warhammer 3. They make sure you have to be on your toes and actually react to ever-changing circumstances in settlement battles.

In Warhammer 2, sieges hugely disadvantaged the AI to a point where you would take 0 casualties by always repeating the same steps in the same order:

1. Destroy wall towers with artillery.
    2. Destroy defenders with long-range magic, artillery and archers.
    3. Fast forward to win "heroic" victory with 0 casualties.

The first time I found out I could do this I felt smart. After the 100th time I realized that it took any sort of challenge out of the game.

Now I can't do it and take huge casualties if I don't react to new towers quickly. Good.
  • MonochromaticSpider#5650MonochromaticSpider#5650 Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    With speedy factions, I find that I don't care one bit about actually fighting defenders. Instead, all I do is pull them out of position and then rush a flanking force in behind to capture points. There's very little feeling of "doing battle".

And I find that even if I wanted to, the layouts lead to a blob, which is slow to untangle, and meanwhile I'm taking mroe damage from towers than from the enemy. It's almost as if those towers are the main enemy and the units of defenders are really more of a distraction force.

With more tanky factions, I tend to just move a tarpit in from the front and still it seems more prudent to use dogs or cavalry to circle around and capture points rather than fighting the actual defenders.

In short, I really miss fighting actual TW battles.
  • eumaies#1128eumaies#1128 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,508
    Reduce the rate of supply gain during battle.

It's a somewhat helpful dynamic to encourage more time pressure in siege battles but it doesn't have to be as fast as it is. And the lower rate of supply gain the more the campaign supply amounts/factors would matter.
  • Walkabout#1505Walkabout#1505 Member Registered Users Posts: 2,980
    rinsui said:

Totally disagree with all the posts above. Rebuildable towers and barricades was maybe the best new invention in Warhammer 3. They make sure you have to be on your toes and actually react to ever-changing circumstances in settlement battles.

In Warhammer 2, sieges hugely disadvantaged the AI to a point where you would take 0 casualties by always repeating the same steps in the same order:

1. Destroy wall towers with artillery.
    2. Destroy defenders with long-range magic, artillery and archers.
    3. Fast forward to win "heroic" victory with 0 casualties.

The first time I found out I could do this I felt smart. After the 100th time I realized that it took any sort of challenge out of the game.

Now I can't do it and take huge casualties if I don't react to new towers quickly. Good.

With speedy factions, I find that I don't care one bit about actually fighting defenders. Instead, all I do is pull them out of position and then rush a flanking force in behind to capture points. There's very little feeling of "doing battle".

And I find that even if I wanted to, the layouts lead to a blob, which is slow to untangle, and meanwhile I'm taking mroe damage from towers than from the enemy. It's almost as if those towers are the main enemy and the units of defenders are really more of a distraction force.

With more tanky factions, I tend to just move a tarpit in from the front and still it seems more prudent to use dogs or cavalry to circle around and capture points rather than fighting the actual defenders.

In short, I really miss fighting actual TW battles.

Yep it’s a fantasy game sure but it is meant to be based on reality. Your best siege attacking unit shouldn’t be light cav
    Live your life and try to do no harm.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Evelyn Beatrice Hall