Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

With Doom Knights getting a glow up, I hope we get other units getting updates

DTAPPSNZ#5477DTAPPSNZ#5477 Registered Users Posts: 2,504
edited August 30 in General Discussion

Didn’t expect Doom Knights to get an update, after the CoC I never thought they needed it, maybe GW is releasing them for the old world and wanted CA to update the model.

I do think there are other units more in need of a glow up.

It would be awesome if CA throughout the next few years slowly update old less than awesome models.

Any other models you can think of I will add.
Post edited by DTAPPSNZ#5477 on

Comments

• DTAPPSNZ#5477DTAPPSNZ#5477 Registered Users Posts: 2,504
    Really hoping for those Spawn updates

They are super useful now.
  • Kn_Gars#2718Kn_Gars#2718 Registered Users Posts: 3,275
    Sure but I would argue that many of the WH1 races are in far greater need of that kind of attention, they have constantly gotten worse with each game. Bretonnia and the Empire have even lost their very basic WH1 visuals and now have poor colours, textures and details.
    The user formerly known as KN_Gars, thanks for the involunatry rename CA.
    edited August 29
    KN_Gars said:

Sure but I would argue that many of the WH1 races are in far greater need of that kind of attention, they have constantly gotten worse with each game. Bretonnia and the Empire have even lost their very basic WH1 visuals and now have poor colours, textures and details.

I agree with that, fixing stuff should always come before new stuff.
  • Otters007#7127Otters007#7127 Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    edited August 29
    Doom Knights are getting new models? But they already got a big, nice update. This is really unexpected. Not sure it is neccesary as I love the way they look. I guess it is to help differentiate them from Chaos Knights and Chosen of Tzeentch?
  • mecanojavi99#6562mecanojavi99#6562 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 11,223
    I have the feeling that the only reason CA is giving them a 3rd model is becausw they want to diferentiate them from Chaos Knigths, similar to how Skullcrushers look different from Knigths of Khorne.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • Lunaticprince#9972Lunaticprince#9972 Registered Users Posts: 6,837

I have the feeling that the only reason CA is giving them a 3rd model is becausw they want to diferentiate them from Chaos Knigths, similar to how Skullcrushers look different from Knigths of Khorne.

I not care Because new models are new models so hype

• eomat#7953eomat#7953 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,897
    Necrarch, Damsels and Stone Trolls need an update. Stone Trolls need the goofy long nose and ears.
    I just love CA go one step further with doom knight because of the outrage

• SerPus#7395SerPus#7395 Registered Users Posts: 9,692
    I wonder what exactly are they going to change. I like how they look now.
  • talonn#7575talonn#7575 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,868
    I'd also argue longma riders deserve a glowup since they are dragon blooded and shouldn't share similar skins to normal human dragon guards
  • harngersteinharngerstein Registered Users Posts: 1,028
    The picture looks almost exactly like they do now. Whats the glowup?

I think just to make it clear ?

• Mogwai_Man#4978Mogwai_Man#4978 Registered Users Posts: 6,059
    edited August 29
    I'm glad they're doing this, but this also shows how unfinished the base game was when it released.

I'm glad they're doing this, but this also shows how unfinished the base game was when it released.

It’s still tagged early access on steam😂
  • Mogwai_Man#4978Mogwai_Man#4978 Registered Users Posts: 6,059
    DTAPPSNZ said:

Yup six months after release. That's unfortunately industry standards.
  • drogarito#2548drogarito#2548 Registered Users Posts: 1,756
    They should update all the old factions if you ask me. Remember, some of the models are from 2016 and just don't fit the new setting.
  • Wyvax#7456Wyvax#7456 Registered Users Posts: 6,204
    I'd add Syreens to that list. Carbon copies of the Tomb Banshee kind of looks bad.
  • DarthEnderX-#6513DarthEnderX-#6513 Registered Users Posts: 4,736
    edited August 29
    SerPus said:

I wonder what exactly are they going to change. I like how they look now.

Did Doom Knights get redone the same time Chaos Knights of Tzeentch did?

Cause if not, that's probably what they're gonna do. Just put the new Warrior of Tzeentch model on a Disc, instead of the old "recolored Undivided Warriors" they were before.
    DTAPPSNZ said:

Really hoping for those Spawn updates

Individual Godspawn plz.

"Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 6,932
    Chaos Spawn should take highest priority because they're by far the most egregious next to Forsaken. Though Spawn over Forsaken because they're much more iconic to chaos.
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 6,932
    drogarito said:

They should update all the old factions if you ask me. Remember, some of the models are from 2016 and just don't fit the new setting.

Not fully disagreeing with you here. But could you provide some examples and screenshots atleast. Some people bring up Empire Soldiers looking rather vanilla and bland, but I always figured that was the point.

Only one coming to mind immediately are Orion's lack of blowing animations, Damsel/Prophetess looking like wax museum figures, and the weird shine random units get with the game's lighting engine.

They haven't revealed what the glow up actually is.
    Wyvax said:

I'd add Syreens to that list. Carbon copies of the Tomb Banshee kind of looks bad.

Added Syreens to the picture.
  • KayosivKayosiv Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,849
    Nothing is more egregious than maneaters. They're the most interesting and unique unit in the entirety of the tabletop and they made them super generic and boring.
    Space Frontier is a sci-fi themed board game I've designed for 2-4 players. Please take a look and enjoy our free Print-and-Play at FreezeDriedGames.com

If you have any questions about tactics or mechanics in Total War Warhammer multiplayer, feel free to PM me.
  • MODIDDLY1#9212MODIDDLY1#9212 Registered Users Posts: 1,268
    Hope eventually the Norscan Marauders get a more unique look so that half the roster isn't a copy paste of a WoC unit.
  • NyumusNyumus Registered Users Posts: 297
    edited August 30
    Almost all of Aranessa's unit. They should be living variants of the Undead ones VCoast have. Making her a pretty unique LL for the faction.
  • SyrenSyren Registered Users Posts: 4
    Nyumus said:

Almost all of Aranessa's unit. They should be living variants of the Undead ones VCoast have. Making her a pretty unique LL for the faction.

She should atleast be on drycha's level. She has far to few unit options for living pirates.
  • Maedrethnir#1968Maedrethnir#1968 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 17,215
    I think CA made a mistake, but if Doom Knights will really get a glow-up then great.

1. Rangers are a kitbash of Archers and Shadow-Walkers. They should be updated.
    2. Imrik's unique dragons aren't even recolours, and so they too should benefit from the update:
  • General_Hijalti#1213General_Hijalti#1213 Registered Users Posts: 5,421
    DTAPPSNZ said:

User tag, that's not offical
  • Rasmus242Rasmus242 Registered Users Posts: 690
    Pretty sure CA has stated in general that they prefer making new content over touching up old ones because sometimes the upgrades add less value than something new. So if we are going to see old stuff fixed it'll probably be connected to some rework or DLC or maybe a lot further down the line when it's harder to add new stuff but they still need to hype up a patch. I could imagine one big patch that goes over to fix all the really outdated stuff would be awesome but not sure how they could bundle that with some other monetization. Maybe just a big "we are finally "done" done, look at our awesome game".
  • 1v0#35621v0#3562 Registered Users Posts: 2,330
    I would really like this ! But CA has broken me... I just hope for chosen units to get more... I have lost hope for the other units ever getting new assets/models...
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,