Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Entire PC just shuts down and won't restart properly.

G4nDalf_EGG4nDalf_EG GermanyRegistered Users Posts: 1
Greetings, fellow countryman!

For two days now, I have had the problem of my PC just randomly shutting down while playing the Total War Warhammer 3 Online campaign. After shutting down, it won't restart properly. Only if I wait a couple of seconds and then press the power button will my PC start again. At first I thought it was a hardware problem, but it's not since this only happens in TWW3 and in no other game. When I take a look in the event viewer, I get the kernel 41 error. I hope someone can help me fix this issue.

(Rig: RTX 2080 Super (8GB)
        Intel Core I7 8700
        ASUS ROG Maximus IV hero
        32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 RAM)

Comments

• dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 23,698
    Did an internet search for kernel 41 errors:

Copy paste:
    Mostly, the Kernel-Power 41 error is caused by the wrong device drivers on your computer, especially an old or corrupted sound card driver. So you can try to update all the available drivers on your computer to solve this problem.Jan 21, 2022

What is a 41 error?
    Image result for kernel 41 error
    Error code 41 is one of several Device Manager error codes. It's caused either by a hardware device that's been removed after the driver was loaded or by an issue with the device driver itself.May 20, 2022

I recommend updated all your PC drivers, then doing a game verification through Steam.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file