Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

SolvedCrashing on Copyright Screen

MarciLabelleMarciLabelle Registered Users Posts: 1
Since updating to Champions of Chaos, my husband's game won't pass the Copyright screen without crashing. I've updated my own game and it works just fine. We've tried all of the workarounds suggested on the internet and nothing works. He can't play the game now. Not cool.
Post edited by CA_Luna on

Comments

• CA_LunaCA_Luna Administrator Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 3,596
    Hi MarciLabelle,

Could I grab a couple of files from your Husbands PC please? It will assist us in troubleshooting/figuring out the cause! =)

We would need the DxDiag, the Modified.log and any crash dumps from today! thanks =)
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • Beyondm4d#1269Beyondm4d#1269 Registered Users Posts: 3
    I was having the same issue. But I remembered a while ago that I installed a mod prior to the workshop which was further confirmed after I deleted the file that was referenced within the modified.log file which can be found here:
    C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Warhammer3\logs

The file that was referenced was placed directly within the \Total War WARHAMMER III\data directory. I would ensure that all other files from any mods are removed.
  • Argh_Im_ShotArgh_Im_Shot Registered Users Posts: 2
    Hello, I am the Husband, and I think @Beyondm4d is absolutely correct on this. I added the mod to not do the Rifts directly to the file. Thank you, I will move forward with this information in hand. You're awesome my dude.
  • #140592#140592 Registered Users Posts: 3
    That was indeed the problem! The direct mods in data caused the crash and after removing them all is fine. Much tnx to Beyond.
  • CA_LunaCA_Luna Administrator Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 3,596
    Awesome, thanks for the updates! I will mark this as solved for the time being!

Enjoy everyone! ^_^
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • TheVenge#7909TheVenge#7909 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 99
    @Beyondm4d -- this was exactly my issue. I tried all kinds of things for about an hour; I'm glad I saw this! Turns out that I had placed some .pack files into the data folder MONTHS ago, back before they opened up the workshop (because people were modding the rifts out before then) in Warhammer 3.

I guess the new 2.0 patch changes the behavior that the game takes with regard to those old files. I hadn't been using ANY of those manually copied mods since they opened up the workshop, so it's been working all this time for some reason... until today. Your note reminded me to check there, and bingo!

You, sir, are my hero today.
  • bueno#7636bueno#7636 Registered Users Posts: 5
    Could you make a guide for useless?
  • NymuraxNymurax Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 161
    edited August 23
    Not solved for me. Tried removing it, didn't work. Uninstalled and reinstalled the game, still crashes after black screen with logo's. No mods, verified files.

Edit: Tried running WH3.exe as admin, no change
    "One is for glory,
    Two is for gold,
    Three is for furore,
    A terror to behold"
    Hammerchant
  • Argh_Im_ShotArgh_Im_Shot Registered Users Posts: 2
    The Husband here again. After a fruitless reinstall, tadahh! Removing the file worked like a gosh darn charm. Thank you again, my hero.
    Which file do I delete? For
    Test why reinstallation didn't work
  • Beyondm4d#1269Beyondm4d#1269 Registered Users Posts: 3
    So the fix that I used and a few others have used is by performing the following:

1. Go to the below directory either by replacing or manually browsing out to it:

2. Within this folder (logs) is the modified.logs file, open this within notepad or any other text editor.

3. If this log has "aaa_movie_df_toggle_chaos_realms.pack unknown file", you will need to go to your games install directory and ensure that this file is not there.
    A. If it is within your install directory then you must delete or move this file out of that directory.
    B. For example, my game's install directory is this:
    G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Total War WARHAMMER III\
    --If you are unsure of where your game is installed and you are using Steam - select your game within your Steam Library | Right-click on it within the library list | click Properties | click Local Files | Click Browse

The file that was mentioned in #3 can be found within the data folder of the Total War Warhammer III install directory. If it is there, either delete it or move it out of that folder to your desktop if you want to keep it - just do not keep it within the install directory.

If you're still experiencing issues with launching after this has been completed, I would recommend referring back to the modified.logs file to see if it does update with further information. Based on the fact that the game indicates within that log what files the game is not recognizing, it may indicate if there are other files having problems during the launch procedure.

I hope this helps for anyone else that is having this issue. If you are having the issue still, I think it would be best to submit a new post on the forum as it appears to have resolved the issue for a few other folks on this thread and your issue may potentially be unrelated.

Happy hunting out there folks and I'll see you in the arena of IE. :smile:
  • steam_164508378596DreznVpsteam_164508378596DreznVp Registered Users Posts: 11
    edited August 23
    In my case the log showed a different file (possibly related to me moving my old TWW II mods) I moved it again and success I got past the copyright screen. Thanks to all above who posted.
    Post edited by steam_164508378596DreznVp on
  • NkfergNkferg Registered Users Posts: 30
    @Beyondm4d This fixed my issue. Thanks!!!!! Spent 5 hours trying everything else.......

Yes!!! Os amo!!! Gracias!!!
  • #424262#424262 Registered Users Posts: 13
    Have the same exp as Nymurax, not working.
    I didn't change anything within the game files and it's still crushing (did look for the file Beyond mentioned just to be sure).

good thing I didn't get champs of chaos DLC, CA ain't deserve my trust and money atm.
  • YekulanYekulan Registered Users Posts: 1
    Beyondm4d said:

So the fix that I used and a few others have used is by performing the following:

1. Go to the below directory either by replacing or manually browsing out to it:

2. Within this folder (logs) is the modified.logs file, open this within notepad or any other text editor.

3. If this log has "aaa_movie_df_toggle_chaos_realms.pack unknown file", you will need to go to your games install directory and ensure that this file is not there.
    A. If it is within your install directory then you must delete or move this file out of that directory.
    B. For example, my game's install directory is this:
    G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Total War WARHAMMER III\
    --If you are unsure of where your game is installed and you are using Steam - select your game within your Steam Library | Right-click on it within the library list | click Properties | click Local Files | Click Browse

The file that was mentioned in #3 can be found within the data folder of the Total War Warhammer III install directory. If it is there, either delete it or move it out of that folder to your desktop if you want to keep it - just do not keep it within the install directory.

If you're still experiencing issues with launching after this has been completed, I would recommend referring back to the modified.logs file to see if it does update with further information. Based on the fact that the game indicates within that log what files the game is not recognizing, it may indicate if there are other files having problems during the launch procedure.

I hope this helps for anyone else that is having this issue. If you are having the issue still, I think it would be best to submit a new post on the forum as it appears to have resolved the issue for a few other folks on this thread and your issue may potentially be unrelated.

Happy hunting out there folks and I'll see you in the arena of IE. :smile:

Can confirm, my friend was having the exact issue above and no matter what I used to uninstall the game and remove game files somehow this issue remained; however after following the above to locate the "aaa" file and removing it as directed it worked like a hot damn. THANK YOU!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file