Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Can we tone down or remove the AI's ability to dodge mortar fire?

alevel1pandaalevel1panda Registered Users Posts: 1
Right now AI can dodge all mortar fire, this makes mortars almost useless in battles. I remember this being an issue in warhammer 2 and it was later removed.
Tagged:
27 votes

Shortlisted · Last Updated

Comments

• #32826#32826 Registered Users Posts: 50
    edited August 25
    Oh yes this is really a problem! Not only mortar fire but also all other sorts of indirect artillery is pretty much useless. Hell cannons, grudge throwers you name it.
    Please do something about it. I know it used to be a thing in WH2 and it got removed because it was broken there too. You already fixed it in the Queen & the Crone update
    (https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/8n8sh8/the_queen_the_crone_patch_notes_incl_norsca/)

to quote "AI will no longer dodge every artillery projectile."

( I also dont really like the AI being able to doge spells)
    Sadly this cant even be modded apparently...
  • PacotronPacotron Registered Users Posts: 28
    I wholeheartedly agree, it has turned using artillery in general into a very sad experience
  • Guttrench#8929Guttrench#8929 Registered Users Posts: 115
    Maybe a 1 second to 1.5 second delay before reacting or set a range of time so they don’t move the moment it leaves the barrel but they also don’t just sit and eat it either.
  • mightygloin#2446mightygloin#2446 Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 6,123
    If player has line of sight even on units behind the wall, then it is only fair that AI can dodge them too. Besides engaged units and blobs do not really dodge.
  • #360779#360779 Registered Users Posts: 19
    Not just artillery either. Playing as the dark elves, I have pretty much no abilities I can use against the AI unless they are locked into melee. They always dodge abilities from the black ark, pretty much always dodge abilities from my casters. Dark elves have very few of the wave like abilites, its pretty much all, specific location. It's also super obvious how the AI cheats with this, it waits until the absolute last second to perfectly dodge these abilities. It knows the countdown both on the spell casting and when the ability hits. Extremely infuriating.

Granted it is just one more check box on how badly the AI cheats. The AI also does not need to adhere to petty things like budgets and lord respawn cooldowns.
  • ssssnake529#2202ssssnake529#2202 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 98
    I think that the AI should be able to dodge, but not instantly. There needs to be at least some delay in the dodge.

Right now, it feels like the AI knows the instant the artillery is fired where the artillery shell will land.
  • Kalynor#2741Kalynor#2741 Registered Users Posts: 54
    Does "shortlisted" mean CA is going to address this issue on the next october patch?

I really hope so anyway, I want to play again my beloved Vampire Coast (which I cannot enjoy anymore due to artillery being completely useless)