Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Freezes leading to crashes since IE update

NodrawNodraw Registered Users Posts: 5
Hello,

Since the IE update the game is totally broken for me. I can't play more than 5 minutes without having the game freezing, and then having it crash to desktop forcing me to quit it.
It happens the most in battle or during the battle cinematic in game but it has happened during loading screens too.

I attached a DxDiag but I can't find any crash dump ... Am I alone ? I really want to play it again ...

I tried lowering graphic settings but it didn't work. I tried updating the video driver, then tried again after updating to windows 11 and it didn't work.

Thanks

Comments

• NodrawNodraw Registered Users Posts: 5
    So another freeze now. I tried to not quit the game and despite the visuals being totally frozen I still had sound and was even able to give order to the units as they responded when clicking on the map. So I guess the game logic still works but the visual pipeline isn't updating ?
  • steam_164510044189EV7mv8Msteam_164510044189EV7mv8M Registered Users Posts: 4
    Nodraw said:

Hello,

Since the IE update the game is totally broken for me. I can't play more than 5 minutes without having the game freezing, and then having it crash to desktop forcing me to quit it.
    It happens the most in battle or during the battle cinematic in game but it has happened during loading screens too.

I attached a DxDiag but I can't find any crash dump ... Am I alone ? I really want to play it again ...

I tried lowering graphic settings but it didn't work. I tried updating the video driver, then tried again after updating to windows 11 and it didn't work.

Thanks

Same issue so not alone, game worked fine pre update but I now cant even play the Champions of Chaos DLC without crashes, mainly on loading screens, IE being the worst for it
  • NodrawNodraw Registered Users Posts: 5
    Hello, the issue is still happening after the hotfix 2.1.1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file