Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Siege Attrition Resistance

vahndaar#4086vahndaar#4086 Registered Users Posts: 8
edited September 14 in Campaign Ideas
Hi CA,

Is there a technical reason why siege_attrition_resistance_turns_base is clamped at 0 in the assembly kit?

Because this value cannot be increased it is currently impossible to customise the number of turns of siege attrition immunity the defender gets. Which means that currently the defender will receive attrition every turn of the siege.

This puts pressure on the defender to sally forth and fight on the battlefield rather in the settlement.

I understand this change was made in the game to speed things along and avoid protracted sieges however if it was possible to unclamp this value then modders could offer alternatives such as giving defenders 1-2 turns of siege attrition immunity and then more aggressive attrition.

Currently attrition is 10% of the defending army per turn. Which means that it would take a full 10 turns for a settlement's garrison to be wiped out. Which seems too long.

I would like to be able to have 1-2 turns of attrition immunity and 20-25% attrition to keep the maximum length of a siege to 5 or 6 turns.

Would be good to get CA's thoughts on this if it's something that could be considered or is there a way to override this limitation in the assembly kit?

Cheers.
Post edited by CA_Will#2514 on

Comments

• Stahn#1355Stahn#1355 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Why would you wait a full 10 turns? Once you have the advantage simply attack the city. If you're waiting for the attrition to do the job, you're doing it wrong. It's just meant to soften the city, not win it for you. Plus, with the towers and rams you should be building, there's no reason to ever wait that long.
  • vahndaar#4086vahndaar#4086 Registered Users Posts: 8
    Oh I've never waited for a settlement to fully surrender, as you say there isn't any point outside softening up the defender.

I'd just like to play around with different settings. Entirely personal preference but can't be done currently as the variable is clamped in the assembly kit.