Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Removed Details From Campaign That Should be Restored

Mojo1972#3509Mojo1972#3509 Registered Users Posts: 2
A couple details are missing in immortal empires which were included previously in mortal empires, the first of which is that each race no longer has unique end turn sounds. The second is that the settlement panel artwork is also missing. These details are fairly minor and dont have a huge impact on the game, but they are in a similar situation to the recently re-added settlement capture artworks in the sense that they add flavour to each race and location throughout the game. It would be a shame to have two games worth of these details removed for the sake of the game 3 races not having these, and so my suggestion to CA is to restore the missing content and create new content for the game 3 races to bring them up to the same standard.
41 votes

Shortlisted · Last Updated

Comments

• CaptainTalkingCaptainTalking Registered Users Posts: 50
    I completely agree with you, I noticed that often. The advisor is no more, the chapter objectives are gone, the big old legendary item questlines are gone, ... IE just because it is so big shouldn't be the reason for some minor but cool features to got kicked out.
  • Ludenhof161722#8745Ludenhof161722#8745 Registered Users Posts: 88
    edited September 18
    These small details are, in my opinion, one of the reasons why I consider Total War Warhammer one of the best Total War games.
    The uniqueness of each fact ranged from the subtle to the more obvious details.
    Post edited by Ludenhof161722#8745 on
  • MarcoDay#4513MarcoDay#4513 Registered Users Posts: 6
    These little features gave so much soul to the first two games.
    CA has brought back the Occupy settlement art.
    Why wouldn't they bring back these artworks.
    They would certainly improve the province screen of the current UI instead of just being a dark void.

High Elves:

Lizardmen:

Dark Elves:

Vampire Coast:

Tomb Kings:

The Empire:

Dwarfs:

Greenskins:

Vampire Counts:

Bretonnia:

Norsca/Warriors of Chaos:

Wood Elves:

Beastmen:
  • Yakanton#4872Yakanton#4872 Registered Users Posts: 15
    edited September 30

They would certainly improve the province screen of the current UI instead of just being a dark void.

High Elves:

Lizardmen:

Dark Elves:

Vampire Coast:

Tomb Kings:

The Empire:

Dwarfs:

Greenskins:

Vampire Counts:

Bretonnia:

Wood Elves:

Beastmen:

This.
    I mean they could just fill the blank areas of the province screen with these artworks to make it more visually appealing.
    Post edited by Yakanton#4872 on
    edited September 19
    It looks like there are a few cases where some of the artworks are still present in IE.
    Only Horde faction Camps (Nakai and Beastmen), Ogre Camps, and Vampire Coast Flagships have artwork in their building screen.

Beastmen Camp Building screen:

Nakai the Wanderer Camp Building screen:

Vampire Coast Flagship Building screen:

Ogre Camp Building screen using the Norsca artwork:

This is what it would look like if all other provinces had their faction-specific artwork.
    I hope CA will bring them back for each old faction and eventually create new ones for Kislev, Cathay, Daemons and Ogres.
    Post edited by Ludenhof161722#8745 on
  • Robosoldier1#1368Robosoldier1#1368 Registered Users Posts: 255
    Mojo1972 said:

A couple details are missing in immortal empires which were included previously in mortal empires, the first of which is that each race no longer has unique end turn sounds. The second is that the settlement panel artwork is also missing. These details are fairly minor and dont have a huge impact on the game, but they are in a similar situation to the recently re-added settlement capture artworks in the sense that they add flavour to each race and location throughout the game. It would be a shame to have two games worth of these details removed for the sake of the game 3 races not having these, and so my suggestion to CA is to restore the missing content and create new content for the game 3 races to bring them up to the same standard.

I'm not sure what happened in the backscenes here to see CA cut so many elements that were built on during ME that they just have failed to put in place here for IE. I'm sure there is some technical scale that is going into it, but alot of these details being shaved off is again a weird thing. An another element thats been really cut back are the Landmarks/Special buildings. A good chunk of them are gone and Idk why thats the case. Even for factions/campaigns as recent as pursuing the bear have either been removed from IEs. Again its just an odd thing.
  • tommy13#1429tommy13#1429 Registered Users Posts: 6

It looks like there are a few cases where some of the artworks are still present in IE.
    Only Horde faction Camps (Nakai and Beastmen), Ogre Camps, and Vampire Coast Flagships have artwork in their building screen.

Beastmen Camp Building screen:

Nakai the Wanderer Camp Building screen:

Vampire Coast Flagship Building screen:

Ogre Camp Building screen using the Norsca artwork:

This is what it would look like if all other provinces had their faction-specific artwork.
    I hope CA will bring them back for each old faction and eventually create new ones for Kislev, Cathay, Daemons and Ogres.

That's why the province panels felt so empty.
    So only Horde camps have art, while stationary provinces do not.
    It's so inconsistent.
  • elois63#1090elois63#1090 Registered Users Posts: 7

High Elves:

Lizardmen:

Dark Elves:

Vampire Coast:

Tomb Kings:

The Empire:

Dwarfs:

Greenskins:

Vampire Counts:

Bretonnia:

Wood Elves:

Beastmen:

The art is really beautiful because it adds so much flavour to the factions.
    It would be a shame to remove them altogether.