Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Can't select fight battle in Multiplayer campaign if opponent choose auto result

Panzer699Panzer699 Registered Users Posts: 6
In WH 1 and 2, other player always had a choice to keep opponent honest by deciding to take control of enemy forces in every battles. Since WH3 came out, i can only take command of enemy forces if other player fights battle, is this a bug or as intended ?

Comments

• Dartonus#1649Dartonus#1649 Registered Users Posts: 41
    Yeah, without this option if you're far away from the enemy (like, say, Skrag vs Miao Ying) you can't do anything to really mess with the other player barring trying for a Chaos Rift teleport (which will leave your single legendary lord stack in the middle of enemy territory without backup) or trying to mug them in the Chaos Realms if you picked the same destination. It removes most of the interaction in a head-to-head campaign.

Also annoyingly, you can't even do anything when the notice that the other player is choosing a battle option is up - so you just sit there twiddling your thumbs while the opponent decides whether to autoresolve or not.
  • Panzer699Panzer699 Registered Users Posts: 6
    Will this be fix in IM?

Also weirdly during my last campaign, the screen to choose while my opponent was doing a auto result appear to me an i chose take control and we fought the battle, was that a bug or is there a way to do this every fight?
  • Panzer699Panzer699 Registered Users Posts: 6
    This was not fix in IE, but we found a way, although annoying and relying more on honor system, if you let countdown run all the way, opponent gets a chance to take control.
  • Dartonus#1649Dartonus#1649 Registered Users Posts: 41
    Panzer699 said:

This was not fix in IE, but we found a way, although annoying and relying more on honor system, if you let countdown run all the way, opponent gets a chance to take control.

What countdown are you referring to? My friends and I were trying to see if we could use this workaround but we never saw any countdown when initiating a battle.
  • Meraun#9965Meraun#9965 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 43
    It's really annoying and takes away about half of the battles in MP-Campaigns.
  • Meraun#9965Meraun#9965 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 43
    Dartonus said:

Panzer699 said:

What countdown are you referring to? My friends and I were trying to see if we could use this workaround but we never saw any countdown when initiating a battle.
    any follow up on this?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file