Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

CA should add Pygmies

2»

Comments

• Ben1990#8909Ben1990#8909 Registered Users Posts: 2,864

Pygmies should definitely be add, i know they are controversial, but what games workshop and CA can do is to remake them, so they remove all controversial things about them, and add them. They would add a lot of flavor to the game.

If they have to add them, then after a lot of lore changes. Make them tribalist halflings that just now are entering into a more sedentary lifestyle with primitive agriculture. Also retain their badassery. They are known to casually hunt and eat Coatls. Yes, those Coatls.
  • SaintCorn#3148SaintCorn#3148 Registered Users Posts: 2,856
    Oh, wow, I just got back to the forums after a long hiatus.

Now, I remember why I went on that long hiatus in the first place.
    No pygmies please.
    Make an African inspired nation without utilizing pygmies and their very racist caricature of African cultures.

• WhySoSalty#3990WhySoSalty#3990 Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    edited September 23

Pygmies should definitely be add, i know they are controversial, but what games workshop and CA can do is to remake them, so they remove all controversial things about them, and add them. They would add a lot of flavor to the game.

If they have to add them, then after a lot of lore changes. Make them tribalist halflings that just now are entering into a more sedentary lifestyle with primitive agriculture. Also retain their badassery. They are known to casually hunt and eat Coatls. Yes, those Coatls.
    or ...hear me out. they can just add **** Araby with a heavy rework with more than enough middle east fantasy AND representation of dark skinned people without offending all the snowflakes by removing old stereotypes. no need to add chliche black halflings. the only thing pygmies deserve is being burried and forgotten in the 80s where they belong
    My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperial, can you say the same?

• davedave1124#4773davedave1124#4773 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 21,378
    Wow, what an edgy idea, I’m really impressed
  • DarthEnderX-#6513DarthEnderX-#6513 Registered Users Posts: 4,728
    edited September 23
    SaintCorn said:

Make an African inspired nation without utilizing pygmies and their very racist caricature of African cultures.

It's too bad Ind claimed tigermen, cause a race of Wakanda-like catmen would be awesome. With lionmen lords, tigermen soldiers, black panthermen infiltrators, cheetahmen skirmishers, etc.

no need to add chliche black halflings.

Hey! If Rings of Power can have black halflings, so can WH!
    "Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
  • Surge_2#1464Surge_2#1464 Registered Users Posts: 11,824

lol

Anyway, no need for what was a clear mistake to be repeated. The map sure as heck doesnt need pygmies.
    Kneel

• WhySoSalty#3990WhySoSalty#3990 Registered Users Posts: 1,515

SaintCorn said:

It's too bad Ind claimed tigermen, cause a race of Wakanda-like catmen would be awesome. With lionmen lords, tigermen soldiers, black panthermen infiltrators, cheetahmen skirmishers, etc.

ohh boi we dont want to start the rings of powers discussion here. This show is the peak example why no money in the world will help a studio if the writers are busy with an agenda instead of focusing on writing a good story. the result will be a pile of ****
    My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperial, can you say the same?

• Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 39,112
    edited September 23

SaintCorn said:

ohh boi we dont want to start the rings of powers discussion here. This show is the peak example why no money in the world will help a studio if the writers are busy with an agenda instead of focusing on writing a good story. the result will be a pile of ****
    I haven't watched the show, and I don't really care. I think people get wayyy too obsessed with this "agenda" idea. Shows can be diverse and suck, shows can be not diverse and suck. It's seemingly just political opinions spewing over into other areas. I don't see anyone saying "House of the Dragon is terrible because it's diverse!". People see a bad show and puke their politics onto it then are silent when a good show doesn't fit their narrative.
    "It's no fun fighting people weaker than you." - The Beast

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Disciple of the Drybrush

• Ben1990#8909Ben1990#8909 Registered Users Posts: 2,864

or ...hear me out. they can just add **** Araby with a heavy rework with more than enough middle east fantasy AND representation of dark skinned people without offending all the snowflakes by removing old stereotypes. no need to add chliche black halflings. the only thing pygmies deserve is being burried and forgotten in the 80s where they belong
    Yes, I too want Araby. With all the stuff they are now getting in the current Warhammer Fantasy RPG and with all the stuff they had. Especially the genies.
  • SaintCorn#3148SaintCorn#3148 Registered Users Posts: 2,856

SaintCorn said:

Too bad? Not really, Ind having Tiger men is very nice. A cat people race in the Southlands? It could be interesting if done right, but at the moment, I would prefer adding in Araby for the Southlands to inventing cat people to populate it.

Warhammer Fantasy already takes a lot of ideas from Tolkien. It really doesn't need to add stuff from the TV show that is loosely based off of the appendices/foot notes of Tolkien.

• NemoTheElf101#1472NemoTheElf101#1472 Registered Users Posts: 2,994
    saweendra said:

People think for a second the name pygmy is basically tied to racial stereotypes which is honestly beyond redemption

And can not be copy written probably the only part GW care about.

I am 100% on board with a African culture coming for wh fantasy i think its long pver due.

There are plenty of material to work form in African cultures from south to north to central .

But it can not be called pygmy for the sake of the setting to shed its racial slurs.

And well for Gw so they can copy write it.

This right here. Pygmies exist in real life...but they don't call themselves that. They're three completely different peoples whose only commonality is their unique size. It's literally a real life racist term that comes from stereotypes of Central Africans.
    SaintCorn said:

Too bad? Not really, Ind having Tiger men is very nice. A cat people race in the Southlands? It could be interesting if done right, but at the moment, I would prefer adding in Araby for the Southlands to inventing cat people to populate it.

While I generally prefer non-human races over human races, I do agree that Araby deserves it's spot.

Now...if Araby was suddenly retconned into Gnolls, that would be win-win!
  • saweendra#3399saweendra#3399 Registered Users Posts: 19,316

saweendra said:

People think for a second the name pygmy is basically tied to racial stereotypes which is honestly beyond redemption

And can not be copy written probably the only part GW care about.

I am 100% on board with a African culture coming for wh fantasy i think its long pver due.

There are plenty of material to work form in African cultures from south to north to central .

But it can not be called pygmy for the sake of the setting to shed its racial slurs.

And well for Gw so they can copy write it.

This right here. Pygmies exist in real life...but they don't call themselves that. They're three completely different peoples whose only commonality is their unique size. It's literally a real life racist term that comes from stereotypes of Central Africans.
    Exactly why GW need to retcon that name do a proper race inspired by the myraid of african cultures.

And so we can have
    1. Top part of southland having araby and tk at its unique part
    2. Bottom and middle with this new race qt its unqiue part

So south lands can be complete.

There is so much potential in wh fantasy as long as Gw and CA willing to put in the work.

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

saweendra said:

And so we can have
    1. Top part of southland having araby and tk at its unique part
    2. Bottom and middle with this new race qt its unqiue part

Well, new race and Savage Orcs.

What REALLY needs new races is Lustria and Naggaroth. One race each is insufficient.
This discussion has been closed.