Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: Warhammer 3's music is so boring

McGregor777#1700McGregor777#1700 Registered Users Posts: 2
edited September 22 in General Discussion
If you like drums everywhere and at any time, you'll certainly like it – I like them myself, when they are finely used. But in TWW3... sweet Sigmar, I can't even listen to Kislev's campaign music, it's so bland and repetitive ! Boom... boom... boobooboobooboom... all the way, plus some strings in the background, and some voices to try to break the monotony.

I really like TWW1 music, even if the different good-aligned races lacked their own and unique soundtracks and the lack of specific theme for each one of them. I love TWW2 music, it sounded like Lord of the Rings, and each race had their musical identity. I don't understand why they changed their way for TWW3, I expected more of a "Red Orchestraish" type of music for Kislev for instance, or Dawn of War 2 style for Daemons of Chaos. I'm quite disappointed with what I hear.

Anyway, #BringVanDyckBack.

Comments

• Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,641
    I couldn’t disagree more. The music in wH3 is outstanding.

Kislev has the best soundtrack/music in the entire trilogy. Ogres and Cathay are also amazing.

It’s so much better to the bland soundtracks we got for Skaven, LM or HE in WH2.
    Summon the Elector Counts!
  • dxrfdxrf Registered Users Posts: 4
    Every game has it's own style which is awesome. wh3 holds it's own for sure.
  • Sir_Godspeed#8395Sir_Godspeed#8395 Registered Users Posts: 3,621
    Didn't we have a series of threads in here about people hating WH2's music back when it released?
  • CosmikNoise#2167CosmikNoise#2167 Registered Users Posts: 162
    Indeed.

Playing any Chaos LL without Bolt Thrower at your back is quite unpleasant.
  • TheChocolateJesus#3772TheChocolateJesus#3772 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,487
    edited September 22
    What you are talking about is the "dynamic music" system they have implemented with Warhammer III and now applied to all other races in Immortal Empires as well. It's basically a continous track, which plays with some instrumental and vocal variation but the underlying layer remains the same. Previously in Warhammer I and II you had short, fully composed tracks, which would give you more flavour and variety. Some of these tracks still remain for the Warhammer III races, Kislev's are very good, imo but it seems that the "dynamic" music has overtaken even some of the old, really nice tracks, like some of the Dark Elves, High Elves and Tomb Kings music, as an example. It does bother me as well. I already made a feedback post in the IE forum, suggesting to bring back all old tracks in addition to the new music system. Maxium variety and flavour this way.
    Post edited by TheChocolateJesus#3772 on
    It's gotta be a Chocolate Jesus to keep me satisfied.
  • empirefemboy#6923empirefemboy#6923 Registered Users Posts: 62

I couldn’t disagree more. The music in wH3 is outstanding.

Kislev has the best soundtrack/music in the entire trilogy. Ogres and Cathay are also amazing.

It’s so much better to the bland soundtracks we got for Skaven, LM or HE in WH2.

Bland soundtrack?

• SnakeMajinSnakeMajin Registered Users Posts: 601
    I actually love the new soundtrack.

But I'm seriously getting bored with the Monogod OST. It's being used for all of the Monogods, WoC, Beastmen and Norsca.. 18 Lords ! I feel like hearing the same thing over and over again considering how Chaos heavy is WH3.

I don't get why the WH1 Chaos OST is no longer used while Daemon Prince is the only Chaos Lord with a custom OST. There is a dire need for diversity.
  • Phenex77#4577Phenex77#4577 Registered Users Posts: 86

But I'm seriously getting bored with the Monogod OST. It's being used for all of the Monogods, WoC, Beastmen and Norsca.. 18 Lords ! I feel like hearing the same thing over and over again considering how Chaos heavy is WH3.

I don't get why the WH1 Chaos OST is no longer used while Daemon Prince is the only Chaos Lord with a custom OST. There is a dire need for diversity.

Yeah I can kind of jump on board this train. I feel like the khorne and slaanesh variants are distinct from another enough, however nurgle and tzeentch at least to me are waay too similar. The Tzeentch tracks need something like more eerie and whispering tones in the backgrounds. Something to sound more horrifying.
  • #610044#610044 Registered Users Posts: 791
    Wh1,2 & 3 all have bad music
    edited September 22

Yeah I can kind of jump on board this train. I feel like the khorne and slaanesh variants are distinct from another enough, however nurgle and tzeentch at least to me are waay too similar. The Tzeentch tracks need something like more eerie and whispering tones in the backgrounds. Something to sound more horrifying.
    I would have sworn all of them shared the exact same batch of music. In battle at least. There are several tracks indeed within the Monogod OST, each with its variants depending on the battle tempo, but I think they're shared among all of Chaos but Daniel.
    A good example are Survival and Final battles, each race felt like it always had a single track played there, usually the most entertaining. This is the one I heard for the 4 Greater Daemons and the Champions :
  • Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 39,131
    I play with a stream on in the background, so it's much of the muchness for me.
    "It's no fun fighting people weaker than you." - The Beast"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla Forum Terms & Conditions I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.
  • mightygloin#2446mightygloin#2446 Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 6,123
    Just play your own music. I dont mind them spending the resources elsewhere, especially with all the corner cutting.
  • Nitros14#7973Nitros14#7973 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,900
    edited September 23
    The Monogods have bad music.

Kislev is amazing, Legion of Chaos is great too.

Cathay is good and Ogres are alright.

It's just inconsistent.
    Post edited by Nitros14#7973 on
  • Mr_Finley7#4571Mr_Finley7#4571 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,415
    Game one music was such a let down, it’s only improved since then.

My heart still goes out to Empire, Dwarfs and Brettonians
  • Bonutz#3949Bonutz#3949 Registered Users Posts: 5,735
    Oof. Hard disagree. Game 3’s music is the best of the trilogy so far.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
  • Wyvax#7456Wyvax#7456 Registered Users Posts: 6,205
    It's okay. Not bad, nor great, just okay. The soundtracks for the franchise have gone from amazing to passable, which is the direction much of the game design overall has gone in in the last ten years.
  • Maedrethnir#1968Maedrethnir#1968 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 17,218
    I hoped to hear folk music from Kislev. Eh.

Now I hope CA will release a full version of the Oblast Fireside Song for Dazh-themed DLC.

Also, about music in general:

1. Wood Elves lack bespoke battle soundtrack
    2. Bretonnians lack bespoke soundtrack, and reuse Empire one
    3. Dwarfs lack bespoke soundtrack, and reuse Empire one
    4. Norscans lack bespoke soundtrack, and reuse Chaos one
    5. Beastmen lack bespoke soundtrack, and reuse Chaos one

All of them should get their own scores.

edited September 23

Now I hope CA will release a full version of the Oblast Fireside Song for Dazh-themed DLC.

Wood Elves also reuse Lizardmen soundtrack right ? That really doesn't fit. If anything currently in game, High Elves music would have felt better. I know they are much wilder, but I feel choirs like High or Dark Elves got are the best thing at evoking Elves. Whether they are self-absorbed british nobles, emo edgelords, or tree fetishists, you can't be wrong with choirs. It would also make Elves have a common thing in terms of music.

But indeed, each of them should have their own music.
  • Maedrethnir#1968Maedrethnir#1968 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 17,218

Wood Elves also reuse Lizardmen soundtrack right ? That really doesn't fit. If anything currently in game, High Elves music would have felt better. I know they are much wilder, but I feel choirs like High or Dark Elves got are the best thing at evoking Elves. Whether they are self-absorbed british nobles, emo edgelords, or tree fetishists, you can't be wrong with choirs. It would also make Elves have a common thing in terms of music.

If I remember correctly, in Game1 and Game2 WE are reusing Empire's battle theme. I don't know how it's in Game3, but I assume it's the same.

If I remember correctly, in Game1 and Game2 WE are reusing Empire's battle theme. I don't know how it's in Game3, but I assume it's the same.
    They did. But not in WH3 anymore. They got Lizardmen music.