Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Known IssueDiplomacy crash Coop

MithrawnuruodoMithrawnuruodo Registered Users Posts: 1
edited November 23 in Multiplayer Bugs
Hi

We play cathay+oger (on an older version) and the game crashes when :
1. We both open the same faction in the DiplomacyUI
2. When one player makes a deal with am AI faction, while the other is using the UI too
3. When we both try to negotiate to each other at the same time

We will try to test if the bugs still occur im the current version or if so, with other factions or Campaign-configs. Maybe it's related to some of the other AI-crashes.

Keep u updated
Stay healthy
Post edited by CA_Luna on

Comments

• steam_16451251708495PaFhtsteam_16451251708495PaFht Registered Users Posts: 2
    Game is newest version for us, playing on IE. Teclis + Kroq-gar. Whenever we both enter diplomacy, the game crashes.
  • DromariusDromarius Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited August 27
    Same for me since i start a new IE campain with my friend.
    Got all the crash you report !
    played Angrund and Ikit in quite vanilla campain
  • Dinoman9877Dinoman9877 Registered Users Posts: 11
    My friend and I are encountering this as well. If one is in diplomacy for any reason, the other also trying to initiate diplomacy in any form while the first is still in will result in a crash.
  • KofbleadKofblead Registered Users Posts: 5
    Idem, nous avons constaté avec un ami que c'est lorsque l'on rentre en diplomation par un double clic via la faction elle-même que ça crash systématiquement. En passant par l'icone diplomatie, ça fonctionne beaucoup mieux. Une solution en attendant que ce soit corrigé :).
  • ThreeArtist3920#7654ThreeArtist3920#7654 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Yup my friend and I are still experiencing this issue too
  • adresseno#8993adresseno#8993 Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi

We play cathay+oger (on an older version) and the game crashes when :
    1. We both open the same faction in the DiplomacyUI
    2. When one player makes a deal with am AI faction, while the other is using the UI too
    3. When we both try to negotiate to each other at the same time

We will try to test if the bugs still occur im the current version or if so, with other factions or Campaign-configs. Maybe it's related to some of the other AI-crashes.

Keep u updated
    Stay healthy

My cathay+ogres coop campaign keeps crashing in the same circunstances as yours. We are using the latest patch and no mods.
  • Khornesh#1729Khornesh#1729 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Same problem here.
    I'm trying to play coop with friend. No mods, fresh install.

No matter which fractions we pick, when there is interaction in diplomacy - Building outpost, asking to join war, etc.
    results in game crash.
  • Jonasfull#5486Jonasfull#5486 Registered Users Posts: 9
  • tapeworm00#8410tapeworm00#8410 Registered Users Posts: 18
    Add one more to the pile.
  • CA_LunaCA_Luna Administrator Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 3,596
    Hi Everyone - this has been mentioned in the latest 2.3 update patch notes

"The developers have identified a rare multiplayer crash that is introduced by Update 2.3. Fortunately it’s easily avoided, so until we’re able to patch it out, please avoid the following scenario:

In an Immortal Empires multiplayer campaign, double clicking to initiate Diplomacy while any other player is in the Call to Arms Resolution screen causes the player that double clicked only to crash out of the game. This appears to happen regardless of who joins/doesn’t join the other player’s Call to Arms.
    We never like to ship with a known crash, but by explaining it here we can at least ensure you can easily avoid it until we’re able to get the problem fixed. We’ll be patching it out of the game at the earliest opportunity. Apologies!"
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file