Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

SolvedBUG: Drycha's quest battle to gain Coeddil did not work

steam_164512785016yvbCgjRsteam_164512785016yvbCgjR Registered Users Posts: 2
After completing Drycha's quest battle (which was notably different in 3 than in 2) I did not automatically recruit Coeddil. I did the quest battle fairly early with a full stack and many turns later, still do not have Coeddil

The attached images show the quest battle completed with the item equipped on Drycha. Along with this, the list of lords and heroes to show Coeddil is not anywhere in my faction
Post edited by CA_Tama#5904 on

Comments

• furtissim#2177furtissim#2177 Registered Users Posts: 412
    This quest has always been malfunctioning in one way or another. There's dozens of threads about it here and in reddit. CA has never even addressed it; pretty sad.
  • CA_Dimitar#6718CA_Dimitar#6718 Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Posts: 980
    Hey,

Thanks for the detailed report. We sent your issue to the dev team.

Cheers,
    Dimitar
  • AbenAben Registered Users Posts: 2
    the tower that you need to destroy are unbreakable and there for are not able to spawn support armies and release Coeddil but you are able to move him from the start
  • steam_164532942384DaqbxSosteam_164532942384DaqbxSo Registered Users Posts: 1
    I can confirm everything in this post. I completed the battle despite the Waystones being indestructible but I did not receive Coeddil. Funnily enough, he did somehow gain a trait despite not existing....

• braggjordan6braggjordan6 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Leaving my comment here to say that i experienced exactly the same thing

- Waystones were bugged and unable to be attacked
    - Coeddil was available at the start of the battle with 2 units of dryads
    - None of my allied reinforcements appeared
    - Had to kill all enemy troops, wait a little while and their last main force appeared in the top forest. After killing them I wait a short while again and their final reinforcements appeared. Won the battle with army losses
    - Drycha got her unique item, Coeddil got a trait, but i did NOT get Coeddil as a hero
  • steam_164519257152dxufa3osteam_164519257152dxufa3o Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 64
    yep, same experience...guess ill wait with my drycha campaign until this is fixed^^
  • harngersteinharngerstein Registered Users Posts: 1,028
    Everything listed above occurred with me as well
  • Twig72Twig72 Registered Users Posts: 1
    It's broken because it's a multi stage quest. The rewards are from the first battle in 2 where you fight an empire army. The battle is the final battle to free Coeddil. So you fight the battle, but only get the rewards from the first step.
  • ZobbyZobby Registered Users Posts: 1
    all of the above happened to me as well I was looking forward to an angry tree man and got not even a twig.
    also had to do a lap around the map with some eagles to actually get the quest to finish.
  • Mastigos#4130Mastigos#4130 Registered Users Posts: 136
    *Drycha doesn't fight the Empire Expendition Force |

*Drycha doesn't hunt down the Potion Sacre -- and thus doesn't get the Potion Sacre permabuff it grants

*The quest to free Coeddil is extremely bugged: the map doesn't allow you to scroll to the right, meaning you can't destroy all the runestones holding Coeddil imprisoned; Coeddil starts the battle already free, and with a mere two Dryad unit attachment; and by far most importantly, Coeddil simply disappears after the battle, unable to be interacted with again.

This makes Drycha virtually unplayable - or at the very least severely crippled. A large part of the appeal of Drycha is getting Coeddil as a playable legendary Hero. Another aspect of excitement to playing Drycha -- at least for me -- was obtaining the Potion Sacre, which is an excellent Lord's Army buff that made Aspect of the **** essentially have no downside. And finally, the quest that confederates Durthu is the third (and certainly not least) aspect that made Drycha exciting in my eyes: it made the Wargrove of Woe complete, in that all the major living Treemen and Dryads are all gathered under one banner.

And now? I don't even know what replaces the Witstealer Sword, or if we still get the quest to confederate with Durthu, because I find that doing an experimental campaign without Coeddil just to see if the rest of the quests still exist or how they are changed isn't worth doing.

Please fix Coeddil's chain quest, including tracking down Potion Sacre.
    Please make sure Durthu is still able to be confederated via quest.
    Please make sure the quest that used to grant the Witstealer Sword has another tempting item that is Chaos-aligned. The flavor of the quest is absolutely amazing.

I only write all this because I am passionate about WH3 - specifically the Wargrove of Woe, because it is my favorite faction (although Heinrich Kemmler is a close second!).
    Wargrove of Woe - The Barrow Legion - Ursun Revivalists
  • nurgle_stole_my_hatnurgle_stole_my_hat Registered Users Posts: 1
    I just want to say that I just experienced this problem as well. I updated to the 2.1 patch today.
    When I started the Coeddil battle the waystone, obilisk things were indestructable, and Coeddil appeared in the corner. When I won the battle after defeating all the wood elves, Coeddil was nowhere to be found.

Anyway, just saying that it's not only the OP
  • mk87568mk87568 Registered Users Posts: 1
    yeah i have this problem as well

Although if you want you can download this mod (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2854646724) that spawns coeddil on game start which is pretty nice.

The item gained from the quest sucks imo so you can just skip it
  • steam_164510792746QhSbkBxsteam_164510792746QhSbkBx Registered Users Posts: 1
    Can confirm this still isn't working post patch 2.1, as I just did the quest and didn't get angry tree hero. Hoppefully this will be fixed on the next patch
  • #85763#85763 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Confirmed that it's still happening in the current version. Waystones indestructable, killing everyone wins the battle. All rewards from the quest granted but Coeddil.
  • Tznick101#6080Tznick101#6080 Registered Users Posts: 1
    I can confirm that all the above mentioned issues are still present and also happening to me.
  • #90938#90938 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Same here - happened to me just now :<
  • Traumtulpe#6946Traumtulpe#6946 Registered Users Posts: 15
    Just another confirmation of all the above issues in the current version. Quite the disappointment, finding out that half her campaign is simply missing.
  • #76934#76934 Registered Users Posts: 6
    Another confirmation. The scripting is bugged for this quest.
  • Aramanser#8187Aramanser#8187 Registered Users Posts: 16
    I've just played the quest battle, I never got any reinforcements cause the towers are all indestructible...
  • HexZebra#4298HexZebra#4298 Registered Users Posts: 1
    played quest battle just now cannot get past the cutscene it just blacks out the screen if i try to skip or if i wait the black bars never dissapear but i can move the units around and cannot finish the battle
  • #37997#37997 Registered Users Posts: 2
    towers still indestructible
  • CountBrat#6001CountBrat#6001 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Towers are still indestructible.
  • BillyRuffian#6250BillyRuffian#6250 Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 40,859
    This has been addressed in patch 2.3.

From the patch notes:

Campaign

Fixed multiple objective issues with Drycha’s Coeddil Unchained quest battle

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • Delusionist#2224Delusionist#2224 Registered Users Posts: 126
    I did the battle the other day and did in fact get Coeddil. The battle still had some minor bugs with units being stuck when the battle started (this ended up going away smh). Coeddil spawned in after 2 waystones were destroyed and, upon destroying the final 2 waystones had the cutscene where he appeared.
    While not perfect, I'd say it's functional right now
  • mfvreeland#6321mfvreeland#6321 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 205

I did the battle the other day and did in fact get Coeddil. The battle still had some minor bugs with units being stuck when the battle started (this ended up going away smh). Coeddil spawned in after 2 waystones were destroyed and, upon destroying the final 2 waystones had the cutscene where he appeared.
    While not perfect, I'd say it's functional right now

Did you also get Drycha's unique trait ("Stolen Power"), by chance?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file