Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New unlockable Avatars!

SystemSystem Posts: 7,062
edited December 2011 in The Archive
Hi guys,

Just a quick note that I have added another thirty Shogun 2: Total War avatars that will unlock as you progress through the forum rankings. I managed to acquire some new concept art that is hot off the graphics tablets for you to use.

We will be adding many more unlockable and exclusive avatars in the future to further customise your profiles.

Thanks,

Mark O'Connell
(aka SenseiTW)

Note: Please don't spam the boards just to get your post count up! If you aren't seen to be making worthwhile contributions then your count will be lowered or even reset.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• IBlewaFuseIBlewaFuse Senior Member CanadaPosts: 1,258Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Awesome!, Looking forward to some new avatars. Also am happy about the "Note"...It's amazing how some people have over 100 posts in the three days of forum activity (bar the moderators)
  • luckylimburgerluckylimburger Senior Member Posts: 1,856Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Thanks for the new avatars. It lowers the change of people having the same one.
    @IBlewaFuse That's probably because we're playing a game over in the forum games section which already has 13 pages
    My posts on the new forum are generally better than the one back on the yuku forum. I'm really not trying to get a high post count I'm just posting a lot because I love the new forum. Oh and I don't need a new avatar as I'm perfectly happy with the one I have now.
  • vaptinvaptin Senior Member Posts: 752Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Cool, although it doesn't help too much with identification if people keep switching their avatars, but maybe will help with the fears all the available avatars have been used up.

I have over 100 posts, although I don't think I've been spamming. If anything I'd say my posts on this board have been more useful than the ones on the old one.
  • Nick StoneNick Stone Senior Member Posts: 385Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Thanks Sensei!
    [PORTABLE-ID]nickstone[/PORTABLE-ID]
    edited July 2010
    BTW - Any news on the draw for that signed imperial edition?
  • King RufusKing Rufus Senior Member HispaniaPosts: 1,626Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Hooray for the new avatars, though I agree it'll get somehow confusing I'm happy of the unlockable avatars (apart from the title ones Nick likes :p).

That's a scary note by the way... Reset... Uuu, that hurts :D.

I also think my posts on this forum have been more efficient. I've been very happy with the new forums and so have been very active lately. Recently started taking parting in the Off-topic forums for first time and having a good time in this forums :).
    "Organized chaos is your best friend, as it will always seem as pure chaos to your opponent."

My entrance into filmmaking. http://www.youtube.com/TripleGTrinity
  • IBlewaFuseIBlewaFuse Senior Member CanadaPosts: 1,258Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    By no means did I mean that if you have over 100 posts are you spamming nonsense, I merely said it was rather interesting to see so many posts in a only 72 hours.
  • cogrecogre Senior Member Posts: 1,820Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    so yet another incentive for spaming
    KRYTEN: I'm some kind of robot who's fighting this virus, and none of
    this exists, it's all in a fever, except for you guys, who really do
    exist, only you're not really here, you're really on some space ship in
    the future. Hell, if that's got to make sense I don't want to be
    sober!
    edited July 2010
    It could be an incentive for spamming, or it can just be an incentive to post more. I for one have had the motivation to post more as i like the idea of expansion and going places. I have also started posting in areas of the forum i wouldnt normally on Yuku. Generally having an awesome time, and it has also brought the community together in my opinion as we are all on the same par for once and are all experiencing the same things together aswell.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 9,980Registered Users, Moderators
    edited July 2010
    Appreciate the add. I really do. However: would still like my old one. Please! Please.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
  • Dionysius the MightyDionysius the Mighty Senior Member Posts: 3,194Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    cogre wrote: »
    so yet another incentive for spaming

Did you read Sensei's note?
    [PORTABLE-ID]dionysiusthemighty[/PORTABLE-ID]

"Every position must be held to the last man: there must be no retirement. With our backs to the wall and believing in the justice of our cause each one of us must fight on to the end." ~ Field Marshal Haig, order to British troops, 1918

Please view the Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions
  • The WeaverThe Weaver Senior Member Posts: 2,173Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    I'm sure he did, Dionysius, but being called a "junior member" after all these years is a tad galling. If the only way to drop this somewhat demeaning tag is to get one's post count up, then it's no wonder that some of us are finding the need to post in threads we would not normally post in. Just a thought.
    "O for a Muse of fire, that would ascend
    The brightest heaven of invention" - Henry V Act I Prologue
  • Dark SideDark Side Senior Member Posts: 1,549Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    After a couple of days on the forum now I am no longer worried/upset about the new avatar policy. The new layout and info displayed makes picking out names and people easier than Yuku.

@Mark: We want more Shogun exclusive posts and shots. Any chance of an early beta gameplay video? I've heard you showed off a demo during E3 but couldn't find a video anywhere
    edited July 2010
    I just put myself what I believe to be one of this unlockable avatars :D. There are quite a few others that look awesome also.

Yeah Mark, we want more info!! :) No pressure.
    "Organized chaos is your best friend, as it will always seem as pure chaos to your opponent."

• SystemSystem Posts: 7,062
    edited July 2010
    No worries... hows about a photo of something that is going on in the studio right now? Give me a moment and I'll post a new thread up. :)

I'm glad that everyone likes the new avatars. I will be adding plenty more so you shouldn't see the same one coming up too often. Unless it is awesome.
  • cogrecogre Senior Member Posts: 1,820Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    i didn't mean to sound like "the stig" here. just seemed like basing the ability to get different avatars on post count would accelerate some their non-stop posting
    KRYTEN: I'm some kind of robot who's fighting this virus, and none of
    this exists, it's all in a fever, except for you guys, who really do
    exist, only you're not really here, you're really on some space ship in
    the future. Hell, if that's got to make sense I don't want to be
    sober!
    edited July 2010
    SenseiTW wrote: »
    No worries... hows about a photo of something that is going on in the studio right now? Give me a moment and I'll post a new thread up. :)

Just saw it and it's great :). Could you post more of this kind?? I'd love to see more.

• GSCGSC Senior Member Posts: 1,687Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Can you please add Prussian flag in the future to ETW/NTW section? It isn't there! But other major faction flags are there. Oh and Sweden is missing flag too!
    They look awesome!
  • Duke DudeDuke Dude Senior Member Posts: 879Registered Users
    edited July 2010
  • RGSRGS Senior Member EnglandPosts: 954Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Thanks for the new avatars Mark.

-However for me though it's nowhere near the same as having custom, user created ones. I've posted some suggestions here which I believe would give us 'standard users' a bit more freedom without causing too much of a headache for the admins:

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php?192-Titles-Avatars-and-Signatures/page11

Very much hope that we will be able to upload our own content at some point in the near future.
  • DenmarkRulesDenmarkRules Senior Member Behind you :OPosts: 3,192Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    This could really end up in some bad spamming. Hope the admins can control it. But thanks Mark!
    "The most amazing things that can happen to a human being will happen to you if you just lower your expectations."

TOTAL WAR FORUM: TERMS AND CONDITIONS
  • CloverClover Senior Member Posts: 4,964Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Awesomeness! thanks for the new avatars! I cant wait to see them all! ^^
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
  • JMaszkJMaszk Senior Member Posts: 1,297Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Must resist the urge to post...must hit 50...oh darn it...

I do wish we could add our own avatars, like we could on Yuku, as long as they were within certain requirements. I actually have one that used to be an official Medieval II avatar.
    I AM TOTAL WAR!!

Thunder & Death are but a mere understatement...a footnote really...

War brings us closer...the clash of swords...the serrinade of the musket...and the sweet aroma of napalm in the morning.

"I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ***...and I'm all out of bubble gum";)

"Chuck Norris's monitor has no glare...nothing glares at Chuck Norris and lives."

Steam ID: JonFett \ |Takeda| Tada Mitsuyori

• BlluedevilBlluedevil Junior Member Posts: 21Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    I was wondering how you changed your pictures on here.
  • ElyriothElyrioth Senior Member Posts: 1,053Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Thanks Mark, still miss my old one though :(
    Na Géanna Fiáine [The Wild Geese]

"What is best in life?"
    "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women."
  • DeAldeFriezenDeAldeFriezen Member Posts: 52Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    New Avatars look great but how do we upload our personnel avatars?
  • RGSRGS Senior Member EnglandPosts: 954Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    New Avatars look great but how do we upload our personnel avatars?

Sadly this functionality isn't currently available, hopefully the mods will relax the rules in the near future.

If you'd like to be able to upload your own 'personal and unique' avatar please post your views on this thread so that the mods and CA are made aware it's an issue:

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php?192-Titles-Avatars-and-Signatures
  • DeAldeFriezenDeAldeFriezen Member Posts: 52Registered Users
    edited July 2010
  • The InfidelThe Infidel Senior Member Posts: 119Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Sounds good!
  • Knight TemplarKnight Templar Senior Member Posts: 498Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    So what are the specific details for getting these unlockables?
This discussion has been closed.