Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Questions?

SystemSystem Posts: 7,095
edited July 2010 in Medieval II: Total War
How can I play the game in windows mode, so I can minimize it? I am using Windows 7 home premium operating system.

I have noticed that when AI control of castles in crusades campaign, they build units I cant see on my unit build screen. How can I get those units to appear on my build screen?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• GSCGSC Senior Member Posts: 1,687Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    1. Press ALT+CTRL+DELETE, choose ''Control Panel'', click ''X'' to exit it and you are good.
    2. ?
  • SystemSystem Posts: 7,095
    edited July 2010
    GSC wrote: »
    1. Press ALT+CTRL+DELETE, choose ''Control Panel'', click ''X'' to exit it and you are good.
    2. ?
    That does not work for the game in Windows 7.
  • LeckanLeckan Senior Member Posts: 798Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    fhrugby wrote: »
    That does not work for the game in Windows 7.

I believe this is how you do it, go in to the readme in the MTW2 folder, there write "windowed = true" under "[video]".

Edit: Nvm, I thought you meant windowed mode.

I have noticed that when AI control of castles in crusades campaign, they build units I cant see on my unit build screen. How can I get those units to appear on my build screen?

What do you mean that they don't appear on your build screen? Do you mean that you can't find where to build Dismounted huscarls when the enemy is Danish and you are English or what?
    In a thread about the 21st of may "rapture"
    "Good job it didn't happen really because I'm still watching the last season of Married with Children and I'd hate to not know what happens in the last episode." - Shireknight
    edited July 2010
    Strange it works for me. Or I have messed my memory with ETW? Don't really know now lol.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,514Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    edited July 2010
    Cntl_Alt_Delete will minimize anything, like GSC said. I have used it for everything.

As for the second question. Often, units that can be built are faction specific. When you capture a city, the options will change over to the units your faction can build/recruit.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • KingLarsofMarsKingLarsofMars Senior Member Posts: 141Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Alt + Tab should do the trick for you fhrugby ;)

Cntl+Alt+Delete doesn't always work, some games override it. You switch out and they switch straight back in. Or they don't switch out at all. Alt + Tab however usually works.
  • pdapda Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Hello lads!
    I would like to add this game to my collection, and I was wandering if it works on a Windows 7 x64. I saw topics were people said that it will work, and others said the contrary.
  • Insane_MikeyInsane_Mikey Senior Member Posts: 142Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    I am using windows 7 x64 and it works perfectly fine for me
    edited July 2010
    Works for me very good too.
  • Chris42899Chris42899 Senior Member Posts: 1,028Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Is there somekind of a list which historical characters may appear during the Grand Campaign and what you need to achieve to get them? E.G. I remember one of my generals getting a special swiss military hero when I captured a swiss region at some point.