Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

How long do you take each turn?

Dream56Dream56 Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 8
So forum I was always wondering, how long do you usually take for each turn in Campaign mode? I take sort of long and I was wondering if it was normal. I know it takes longer as you go on with the game but kindly state the number of mins per turn in the early stages of the game, the middle and late game, thanks :)
Post edited by Dream56 on

Comments

• SkollopsSkollops Senior Member Behind you :ORegistered Users Posts: 3,294
    edited March 2013
    in the beginning it often doesn't take more than 20 seconds as it's quite limited how much you can do. Later in the campaign I can easily spend 10-15 minutes each turn.
    Previously known as DenmarkRules
  • jimglotjimglot Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,023
    edited March 2013
    I would agree in the meat of the game my turns are 5-10 minutes long. Most of it is just spent
    in moving troops from my mic's to the front. Near the end game i'm just moving stacks and mopping.
    regards
    There are only two types of ships. Submarines and Targets!

"Even the bloody queen don't rate cocoa!"
    Exclaimed by a young British submariner riding Crevalle (SS 291) when offered a cup of cocoa by the crew
  • sogayasogaya Member Registered Users Posts: 77
    edited March 2013
    In the opening I can do the first 10 turns in about 10-20 minutes, plus however much time I spend fighting battles on the field (if any). Later on the turns take much longer. I tend to forget about doing certain things, like leaving an agent out in the wilderness for several turns when he should be inciting revolts, or forgetting to bombard an enemy army or city. So I'm always going back and checking, did I do this or do that? And then the turns tend to blur together. Did I bombard again this turn or was it last turn etc? So I can easily spend a half hour per turn. If I'm fighting a few battles on the field it can go well over an hour per turn. I also wish there was a faster fast forward so I don't have to wait so long for an enemy who is attacking me when he stops attacking. (victory when time runs out) Towards the end of the game, turns start getting faster as I stop building and many of my armies are just holding down the forts.
  • easytargeteasytarget Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,428
    edited March 2013
    If I just auto-resolve battles, no more than 5-10 minutes per turn.

Lately I've been fighting every single battle, in which case a single turn of course takes quite a bit longer. In fact, I usually have to look around the entire map like I've just picked a game where I left off when I come back out of a 30 minute battle, because I've sort of forgotten what the heck was going on at the campaign map level. ;)

From a single turn perspective though, this game is SO much faster than another game I play fairly often called combat mission, where I can sometimes spend an hour or two on a single turn, in fact, I often only make one turn in any given night, but that's not much of a problem with a game mostly played as PBEM between humans...
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • Half_Life_ExpertHalf_Life_Expert Senior Member Oak Park, CA , USARegistered Users Posts: 4,686
    edited March 2013
    it all depends on what needs to be done, sometimes there is really little to nothing that is needed from me, other times I have a lot of tasks to accomplish before I hit the end turn button
    "we have officially entered into pre-whinning about our games."- Cogre

I will always respect differing opinions on here, so long as they are presented maturely and in a civil manner

"No Battleplan ever survives contact with the enemy"- Helmuth Von Moltke the Elder

The WWI Thread: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/30914/why-a-world-war-i-themed-total-war/p1

I'm skipping TW: Warhammer
  • wealthyempirewealthyempire Senior Member USARegistered Users Posts: 1,125
    edited March 2013
    I can start off with 1 or 2 min turns or very slow, checking every little detail. This took me 3 hours including battles
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?594635-Legendary-obama-the-first-6-turns

I can do 5 min turns in coop but sometimes it's really pushing it because I tend to move units around manually and I have a tendency to recheck things like diplomacy. Sometimes that means that I have to skip a few things this turn and just make sure I get them the next turn.
    Guides and other informative threads
    S2, RotS, FotS Economic Quick Reference Guides
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=462317
    Check out post #2 (S2) and post #9 (RotS) for other informative threads
    The Sekigahara Campaign 2012 TWC Modding Awards Winner (Team Member)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1841