Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Total War: Shogun 2 - Official box art reveal

CraigTWCraigTW Lead Community Manager, The Creative AssemblyDat Horsham doePosts: 1,144Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Tools Admin, Cakes!, SuperAdmin, Community Team
edited December 2010 in The Archive
Enjoy!

-CraigTW

5201774133_f05eb12558_b.jpg
Post edited by CraigTW on

Comments

• JMaszkJMaszk Senior Member Posts: 1,297Registered Users
    edited November 2010
    ummmmmmm...that's dead sexy. And I think it pays tribute to the original box art also.
    I AM TOTAL WAR!!

Thunder & Death are but a mere understatement...a footnote really...

War brings us closer...the clash of swords...the serrinade of the musket...and the sweet aroma of napalm in the morning.

"I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ***...and I'm all out of bubble gum";)

"Chuck Norris's monitor has no glare...nothing glares at Chuck Norris and lives."

Steam ID: JonFett \ |Takeda| Tada Mitsuyori

• TylzenTylzen Senior Member DenmarkPosts: 1,046Registered Users
    edited November 2010
    Oh man that is awesome looking.
  • ViCToRiaViCToRia Banned Posts: 1,297Banned Users
    edited November 2010
    I would prefer the previous one, the center guy ...
  • NaishoNaisho Senior Member USAPosts: 3,375Registered Users
    edited November 2010
    sooo... the background of the shogun website was the box art the entire time lol
    1---/\__/\
    1=(O-"-O)=/\
    1--- / | | \--/ -|
    1---| \-/ \-_ /
    1--( Neko )

Naisho the Neko

"You have raised assorted issues under what might be termed a “I-don’t-like-it because-I-say-it’s-not-historical” banner. This isn't quite the same as "justified", I'm sorry to say." -MikeB
  • GrantdemGrantdem Member Posts: 67Registered Users
    edited November 2010
    Cover art looks ace. Just heightens the anticipation.

2 asides, does the character on the left behind the geisha have a patch on his eye?
    and does the Japanese text on the top right say "shogun2"?
  • cantopsychcantopsych Senior Member Posts: 104Registered Users
    edited November 2010
    yeah looks very cool indeed :)
    [PORTABLE-ID]cantopsych[/PORTABLE-ID]
  • PATRIOT45PATRIOT45 Senior Member SwitzerlandPosts: 686Registered Users
    edited November 2010
    Heyy great! Looks very cool!

Edit: Is the title of the game Total War: Shogun 2??
    Watch out: Arena is more addictive than cocaine! :p
  • ArvenidesArvenides Senior Member Posts: 194Registered Users
    edited November 2010
    Nice! And it has a guy in the centre of the art as always!
  • lordmaximus77lordmaximus77 Technical Moderator Leeuwarden, NLPosts: 3,063Registered Users, Moderators, Tech Moderators
    edited November 2010
    Nice Box Art. This was already posted on sega blog yesterday. I posted it here http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/1833-Unofficial-articles-pictures-and-videos-thread?p=46429&viewfull=1#post46429 (including seperate new logo)

Why the name change? Total War : Shogun 2 sounds a bit akward..
    Any fool can make things bigger and more complex. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction. — Albert Einstein

viri non urinat in ventum — Anonymous Roman

TOTAL WAR FORUM: TERMS AND CONDITIONS
  • SasuSasu Moderator FinlandPosts: 8,842Registered Users, Moderators
    edited November 2010
    Reminds me of 80's action and adventure movie poster art. Which is cool, with kitsch overtones.
    Not easy being a gunpowderhead

Forum Terms and Conditions
    When in doubt, check the stickies
    After every download, verify integrity of game cache

Fickle is the lady Fora
  • zeretexzeretex Senior Member Posts: 220Registered Users
    edited November 2010
    everything looks sexy cept the center guy <.<
    FULL GAME BUG LIST

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/10780-Full-game-bug-list

[PORTABLE-ID]zeretex[/PORTABLE-ID]
  • JMaszkJMaszk Senior Member Posts: 1,297Registered Users
    edited November 2010

Because "Total War" is the game series, and needs to be emphasized over the individual game of "Shogun 2".

Edit: Actually, I just remembered that every Total War game so far has had the Total War at the end...my bad. It does seem strange to change the order of the names at this point in the series. Maybe it will still be called Shogun 2 : Total War, but it just looked better placing the Total War above the Shogun 2 on the box art. And maybe Craig didn't mean to call the game the way he did in the thread title? idk...
    I AM TOTAL WAR!!

Thunder & Death are but a mere understatement...a footnote really...

War brings us closer...the clash of swords...the serrinade of the musket...and the sweet aroma of napalm in the morning.

"I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ***...and I'm all out of bubble gum";)

"Chuck Norris's monitor has no glare...nothing glares at Chuck Norris and lives."

Steam ID: JonFett \ |Takeda| Tada Mitsuyori

• Shinobi.ieShinobi.ie Senior Member Posts: 169Registered Users
    edited November 2010
    Nice, the name flip doesn't phase me. I'll still refer to it as Shogun 2 Total War.

Will we see any details about the Special Edition box set beforehand? Would love to see if a map is included, amongst other things.
    [PORTABLE-ID]shinobiie[/PORTABLE-ID]
  • CraigTWCraigTW Lead Community Manager, The Creative Assembly Dat Horsham doePosts: 1,144Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Tools Admin, Cakes!, SuperAdmin, Community Team
    edited November 2010
    JMaszk wrote: »
    Because "Total War" is the game series, and needs to be emphasized over the individual game of "Shogun 2".

This is the reasoning :)

Plus it looks cool.
  • CraigTWCraigTW Lead Community Manager, The Creative Assembly Dat Horsham doePosts: 1,144Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Tools Admin, Cakes!, SuperAdmin, Community Team
    edited November 2010
    Shinobi.ie wrote: »
    Will we see any details about the Special Edition box set beforehand? Would love to see if a map is included, amongst other things.

We will be revealing info on this soon ;)
  • iceniiicenii Senior Member The PhilippinesPosts: 1,198Registered Users
    edited November 2010
    Teaser, but still nice art work,i need me a fix of Totalwar.
    I cannot force you to believe the truth but i can allow you to believe a lie. Quote by me " Icenii ".
  • lordmaximus77lordmaximus77 Technical Moderator Leeuwarden, NLPosts: 3,063Registered Users, Moderators, Tech Moderators
    edited November 2010
    CraigTW wrote: »
    This is the reasoning :)

Plus it looks cool.

Alright. That's understandable as its the same for most other series (Call Of Duty : something, FIFA yyyy, Battlefield X etc.) But it's going to take a little getting used to.

So no more S2TW but TWS2.
    Any fool can make things bigger and more complex. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction. — Albert Einstein

viri non urinat in ventum — Anonymous Roman

TOTAL WAR FORUM: TERMS AND CONDITIONS
  • Napoleon 2ndNapoleon 2nd Senior Member Posts: 2,151Registered Users
    edited November 2010
    OMG!OMG!OMG! This box art is stunning! The best so far! OMG!!! Awsome Shame ppl are gonna but it through steam...
    'It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent. It is the ones who are the most adaptable to change' Charles Darwin

But I have a thing for cannon...
  • GSCGSC Senior Member Posts: 1,687Registered Users
    edited November 2010
    Looks good!!!!!!!!
  • ArvenidesArvenides Senior Member Posts: 194Registered Users
    edited November 2010
    I will probably continue to see it as Shogun 2: Total War. At least for a while... It feels quite weird that CA actually turned the title of the game upside down.
  • gzzgzz Member Posts: 72Registered Users
    edited November 2010
    k0hqmsqm6ol6cssj2quww.jpg

YA..VERY LIKE AS Ken Watanabe anger face ..LOL
  • Dionysius the MightyDionysius the Mighty Senior Member Posts: 3,194Registered Users
    edited November 2010
    That name switch is going to take some getting used to! XD
    [PORTABLE-ID]dionysiusthemighty[/PORTABLE-ID]

"Every position must be held to the last man: there must be no retirement. With our backs to the wall and believing in the justice of our cause each one of us must fight on to the end." ~ Field Marshal Haig, order to British troops, 1918

Please view the Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions
  • vaptinvaptin Senior Member Posts: 752Registered Users
    edited November 2010
    Dear CA, forgive me for what I'm about to say.

Not blown away, sorry, very sorry, I don't like that big guy right in the middle of the picture, or the background colour. Love the cavalry though.

And Total War: Shogun II? I know saying things backwards is good for your iq and all, but despite me not normally being one for tradition, I'm dragging my heels on this one.

Maybe it'll all grow on me in time.
  • tin.knighttin.knight Senior Member Posts: 111Registered Users
    edited November 2010
    Looks good to me. Have to say name reversal will take some time to get used to, but i'm ok with that too. Was it just a mistake? doh!
  • SasuSasu Moderator FinlandPosts: 8,842Registered Users, Moderators
    edited November 2010
    samurai.jpg + ?m=02&d=20080407&t=2&i=3795742&w=320&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&r=2008-04-07T235551Z_01_N07406986_RTRUKOP_0_PICTURE0 = Shogun%202%201b.jpg ?
    Not easy being a gunpowderhead

Forum Terms and Conditions
    When in doubt, check the stickies
    After every download, verify integrity of game cache

Fickle is the lady Fora
  • SystemSystem Posts: 7,062
    edited November 2010
    I like it, it's full of action and the central figure looks very imposing but I'm not convinced the guy looks right I'm afraid, he doesn't look Japanese to me he looks like he is more of Mongolian descent.

And when is Buttons the Kittens new look being revealed?
  • Knight TemplarKnight Templar Senior Member Posts: 498Registered Users
    edited November 2010
    I knew it! The S2TW official site did indeed incorporate elements of the box art.

As for the box art itself, well... I liked it better when the samurai in the center was wearing a mask of sorts. And the new name change - it does feel awkward at first... then again the TW games have so far been named in a manner similar to calling the new Call of Duty game as Black Ops: Call of Duty.

EDIT: I've noticed that the central character has blood and scars on his face. Is this a hint of the return of M2TW styled blood?
    Sasu wrote: »
    samurai.jpg + ?m=02&d=20080407&t=2&i=3795742&w=320&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&r=2008-04-07T235551Z_01_N07406986_RTRUKOP_0_PICTURE0 = Shogun%202%201b.jpg ?

Tom Cruise as Capt. Nathan Algren easter egg? :D
  • 2colas2colas Junior Member Posts: 10Registered Users
    edited November 2010
    I agree. Shogun 2: Total War sound better than Total War: Shogun 2.
  • 2colas2colas Junior Member Posts: 10Registered Users
    edited November 2010
    Nice Box Art. This was already posted on sega blog yesterday. I posted it here http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/1833-Unofficial-articles-pictures-and-videos-thread?p=46429&viewfull=1#post46429 (including seperate new logo)

I agree. Shogun 2: Total War sounds better than Total War: Shogun 2
This discussion has been closed.