Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Hi Everyone

ConzieConzie Junior MemberPosts: 4Registered Users
edited April 2013 in New Players
Hi everyone,

The name is Conzie and I am relatively new to the Total War series (only been playing often for 2ish weeks)
I have been playing RTW and TWS2 quite often, and enjoying both of them, but a question, got any good game tips for a beginner from you (as the forum says) seasoned veterans?

Thanks very much. :)
In peace, sons bury their fathers, in war, fathers bury their sons.

~Herodotus
Post edited by Conzie on

Comments

• CFHBerserkerCFHBerserker Junior Member Posts: 19Registered Users
    edited April 2013
    Watch some "let's play" videos online. You will see how other people manage cities and family members. There is a lot of depth to city management than just trying to increase income levels. Also gain some knowledge of battle tactics from those players.
  • Half_Life_ExpertHalf_Life_Expert Senior Member Oak Park, CA , USAPosts: 4,686Registered Users
    edited April 2013
    Welcome Conzie!

As far as tips, watch some vids online like the Let's Play ones already mentioned.

other than that, please tell us what specifically you would like some tips on (battle tactics, surviving a campaign, etc) as TW is a rather large game set up to give general tips imo. We will always be happy to help you out with anything! Just ask and we shall answer as best we can.

Once again, welcome to the Total War Forums!

-HLE
    "we have officially entered into pre-whinning about our games."- Cogre

I will always respect differing opinions on here, so long as they are presented maturely and in a civil manner

"No Battleplan ever survives contact with the enemy"- Helmuth Von Moltke the Elder

The WWI Thread: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/30914/why-a-world-war-i-themed-total-war/p1

I'm skipping TW: Warhammer
  • Lph7Lph7 Senior Member Posts: 426Registered Users
    edited April 2013
    Welcome Conzie.

There are good guides in most of the sub forums as well . Most important in tw is economy, No bang without the Buck.
  • ApolloXApolloX Junior Member Posts: 18Registered Users
    edited April 2013
    Welcome to the forums Conzie!
  • Hidden GunmanHidden Gunman Moderator Posts: 4,606Moderators
    edited April 2013
    Welcome aboard...

As Half-Life suggested, give us some background, and we can give you tips...
    Yes, it's me.

Gungho |Takeda| Yamagato Masakage

You have spoken with clarity of thought and rhetorical flourish...you have surely earned the favour of the mods.

If you didn't, click here...
  • AlJabberwockAlJabberwock Moderator USAPosts: 7,729Moderators, Tech Moderators, Knights
    edited April 2013
    Welcome and have fun!

This is a great place to find information on past and upcoming titles, and meet some great, and - ok - some pretty amusing people... :)

In addition to the ideas given so far, you can always simply choose the right subforum and do a search by topic or keyword. If you don't find what you were looking for you can always start a thread asking the question you are needing help with. Make sure you try and keep it in the right area, and always always obey the speed limit!

~Al
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “Every so often things happen that can’t be rationalized in a conventional way. People wanna know their government has a response. I am that response.”
    ― Kent Mansley (in "Iron Giant")

For most general problems, for which you have no idea of the culprit, your first port of call should be:
    https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-us/categories/200307381-Total-War-Support

If you are aware of a bug or a specific issue for which you know the cause, post in the support section for the specific title on our forums. ~Al

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest