Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Adorbs

Jack's Macedon Campaign Playthrough Discussion Thread

Jack Lusted CAJack Lusted CA Creative AssemblyPosts: 851CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
edited September 2013 in Total War: ROME II
Please discuss it here.
Post edited by Jack Lusted CA on
New Content Team Director

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Comments

• Jack Lusted CAJack Lusted CA Creative Assembly Posts: 851CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    edited August 2013
    First update is up!

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • EvocatusEvocatus Member Posts: 48Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    Hnnnnnnnggggg x_x
    A.E.K.D.B.

Fear the dark, for that is where we wait.
  • IchonIchon Senior Member Posts: 3,439Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    Dang, was about to go to sleep...

Interesting choice to jump into wars on 2 fronts so early- was that a defensive alliance offer to join war from Sparta? I couldn't quite tell what prompted that. Also- does it give diplomatic boost to relations with Sparta that you accepted their offer to join in war vs Epirus or simply a small boost from being at war and prosecuting such a war vigorously?

Nice to see the attrition of besiegers and ports speculation confirmed! Been waiting for some additions like this for years! Now that the mechanic is there modders can adjust to whatever they want but at least mechanic exists!
    YouTube, it takes over your mind and guides you to strange places like tutorials on how to talk to a giraffe.
  • LestaTLestaT Senior Member Posts: 865Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    Jack, the Tech panel picture. Is that placeholder or all cultures will see the same roman legion picture ?
    My Rig - CPU:Intel CORE i3-2100 @ 3.1 ghz MOBO: Foxconn H-67M RAM: 2x2GB CORSAIR PC1333 GPU: XFX HD5770 1GB GDDR5 PSU: FSP SAGA II 500w CASE: Gigabyte Chassis HDD: 1x Samsung F3 HD103SJ 1TB ODD: Samsung SH-S223L DVD/RW OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit MONITOR: Samsung E2020X (LED) 1600x900
  • Nelorix,the CaledonianNelorix,the Caledonian Senior Member Serbia,Jagodina/Finland,JyväskyläPosts: 2,160Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    Slowly reading through it...

But you can select the general`s bodyguard ! Setrus will be happy ! So happy he might spill genetic material over the floor ! GO SETRUS!
    Reptilicus #1 Nomadic Warlord,multiple tournament winner and slayer of basement dwellers.

Team Lizardmen
    Team Slaanesh
    Team WAAAGH!

My Youtube channel,bringing you competitive multiplayer and campaign guides! :cool: https://www.youtube.com/user/ReptilicusJungleLair

Back on track with dem uploadz !
  • ag_derpag_derp Member Posts: 98Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    Yeaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :d
    My PC
    CPU: i5 4670 3.4 Ghz
    MOBO: MSI Gaming Z87
    GPU: HIS Ice Q HD 7850 2GB
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB
    HDD: Western Digital 500GB
    PSU: Seasonic X650
  • CazCaz Senior Member Posts: 445Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    Brb, changing pants...
  • nankuranankura Senior Member Posts: 454Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    very interesting and i am sure everybody is extremely grateful for the update, but i was under the impression there would be some sort of video?
    Never expect the corners, but take the turn's with a vice

steam: animegaia

<(^,^)> Mah PC ~.~
    CPU: AMD FX 8320 BE
    GFX: Gigabyte WF OC AMD 270
    RAM: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaw-X Gaming Series 1600
    BOARD: 78LMT/USB3 Version 6 Gigabyte
    CASE: Thermaltake V3 Black
    PSU: GX 750W Gaming
  • prince of thessalyprince of thessaly Senior Member Posts: 110Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    Whoo! Nice to see your AI allies actually helping you. Gives me more reason to play as Athens now and take over Hellas!
    In pace, ut sapiens, aptarit idonea bello -
    In peace, like a wise man, he appropriately prepares for war
  • Nelorix,the CaledonianNelorix,the Caledonian Senior Member Serbia,Jagodina/Finland,JyväskyläPosts: 2,160Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    awwwwww that wet doggy on the flood picture :(
    Reptilicus #1 Nomadic Warlord,multiple tournament winner and slayer of basement dwellers.

Team Lizardmen
    Team Slaanesh
    Team WAAAGH!

My Youtube channel,bringing you competitive multiplayer and campaign guides! :cool: https://www.youtube.com/user/ReptilicusJungleLair

Back on track with dem uploadz !
  • RagnarokRagnarok Senior Member Posts: 707Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    Great read! Will you get a bonus in relations with Sparta because of the fighting you did together?
  • Titus PulloTitus Pullo Senior Member Posts: 125Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    Is there gonna be a video to go along with this, or is this all?
    "If i wore pants i'd be like everyone else"-Santa
  • HalleHalle Senior Member Posts: 431Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    Some images doesn't appear to load, just me having this trouble?
  • Jack Lusted CAJack Lusted CA Creative Assembly Posts: 851CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    edited August 2013
    Ichon wrote: »
    Dang, was about to go to sleep...

Interesting choice to jump into wars on 2 fronts so early- was that defensive alliance offer from Sparta? I couldn't quite tell what prompted that.

Macedon starts with a defensive alliance with Sparta, they just asked me to join in the war.
    LestaT wrote: »
    Jack, the Tech panel picture. Is that placeholder or all cultures will see the same roman legion picture ?

It varies by culture.
    nankura wrote: »
    very interesting and i am sure everybody is extremely grateful for the update, but i was under the impression there would be some sort of video?

The diary is in text and pictures as it allows me to get a lot more information up a lot quicker than having to upload a huge video.
    Ragnarok wrote: »
    Great read! Will you get a bonus in relations with Sparta because of the fighting you did together?

Yes, helping them against a mutual enemy and our treaties boost my relations with them.

edited August 2013
    Halle wrote: »
    Some images doesn't appear to load, just me having this trouble?

There should be 20 in the first post and 2 in the second. They're showing up fine for me right now.

• AohLegendAohLegend Senior Member Posts: 2,257Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    Great read! Very interesting and keep up the great work CA!
  • nankuranankura Senior Member Posts: 454Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    are you doing this at the CA HQ or on your own personal computer? id love to know the spec's of the pc you play on
    Never expect the corners, but take the turn's with a vice

steam: animegaia

<(^,^)> Mah PC ~.~
    CPU: AMD FX 8320 BE
    GFX: Gigabyte WF OC AMD 270
    RAM: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaw-X Gaming Series 1600
    BOARD: 78LMT/USB3 Version 6 Gigabyte
    CASE: Thermaltake V3 Black
    PSU: GX 750W Gaming
  • Pr4vdaPr4vda Senior Member Posts: 344Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    Thanks Jack, it's looks awesome :) ! Is it possible to have some fighting screens next time too ? ^^
    Team Dawis

Dawis shall purge all their fallen Karaks, with the blood of the Greeskins and the skavens !
  • xenos1234xenos1234 Junior Member Posts: 19Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    I'm having the same problem with some of the pictures not loading. Otherwise awesome!
  • dont_shootdont_shoot Junior Member Posts: 14Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    The images arent showing up for me either, some work if I click on them, but most are just tiny little squares.
    gtx 480 owner:)
    [PORTABLE-ID]dontshoot[/PORTABLE-ID]
  • spartacspartac Senior Member Posts: 760Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    He destroyed Thrace-and I have bad relationship with him.
    Favourite generals:
    Vladimir Vazov
    Nikolai Stoletov
    Napoleon Bonapart
    Mikhail Kutuzov
    George Vazov
    King Simeon I The Great of Bulgaria
    Ivan AsenII The Great of Bulgaria
    Hannibal
    Scipio Africanus

Steam:http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198066655192/
  • AohLegendAohLegend Senior Member Posts: 2,257Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    Btw, is this going to be updated daily?
    edited August 2013
    nankura wrote: »
    are you doing this at the CA HQ or on your own personal computer? id love to know the spec's of the pc you play on

This is on one of my work computers. I'm running everything on the top settings.
    Pr4vda wrote: »
    Thanks Jack, it's looks awesome :) ! Is it possible to have some fighting screens next time too ? ^^

I'm unlikely to include pictures of battles as it allows me to show more campaign progress with each update.

• DarkKauzDarkKauz Junior Member Posts: 7Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    Finally we see the allies actually helping you, not just sitting there and waiting your armies to be crushed. I have one question - why the hell would egypt declare war on macedon? And I'm really happy that I'll have the chance to control the city, where I am born - Pulpudeva a.k.a Plovdiv now. Hopefully we'll see a video, instead of screenshots? However, thanks for the updated information.
  • HalleHalle Senior Member Posts: 431Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    There should be 20 in the first post and 2 in the second. They're showing up fine for me right now.

I can not see all, but as I reload (or try a different browser) I can see different pictures. Probably my computer then since there is something wrong with it, I just can't figure out what!
  • RGSRGS Senior Member EnglandPosts: 954Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    Cheers Jack, enjoying the details :).
  • WulfcaenWulfcaen Senior Member Posts: 437Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the continuing human face of Creative Assembly! I like those Egyptian bronze beards. xD
    "Wise men profit more from fools than fools from wise men; for the wise men shun the mistakes of fools, but fools do not imitate the successes of the wise." - Cato the Elder
  • lovec1990lovec1990 Senior Member Posts: 143Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    will there be dialy updates?
  • tomtaylor1990tomtaylor1990 Senior Member Posts: 112Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    Quality, can't wait
  • ag_derpag_derp Member Posts: 98Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    hey Jack so are generals gonna cost some money to recruit?
    My PC
    CPU: i5 4670 3.4 Ghz
    MOBO: MSI Gaming Z87
    GPU: HIS Ice Q HD 7850 2GB
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB
    HDD: Western Digital 500GB
    PSU: Seasonic X650