Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jack's Macedon Campaign Playthrough Discussion Thread

Comments

• EndovellicusEndovellicus Senior Member Posts: 1,494Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    I have a question.

If you pay the debt, does the infamy disappear as well?

And how much money are we talking about?
  • moridinmoridin Member Posts: 73Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    The following four points seem to me as awsm additions to the campaign map AI and mechanics:
    1) Allies requesting attacks and the overall high level of dilpomacy .
    2) Lack of development of owns has negative consequences - this is quite awsm :)
    3) Political intrigue - hope to see more of this :)
    4) Aggressive naval invasions

Great update sir, keep up teh awsm work!!

A double question though - how do we strike back against the other families and how many other families are there?
  • Jack Lusted CAJack Lusted CA Creative Assembly Posts: 851CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    edited August 2013
    I have a question.

If you pay the debt, does the infamy disappear as well?

And how much money are we talking about?

Outcome of the decision you make will not always be the same. I can't remember the exact amount but it was around 1000 to pay off the debt.
    A double question though - how do we strike back against the other families and how many other families are there?

You can try and assassinate other family members, or try and get them to join your family or spread rumours about them. Each option costs money, and the amount will depend on the gravitas of the character as gravitas has a big influence on the balance between the families.

As Macedon there is the Antigonid Dynasty and the Other Families. Rome and Carthage have 3 families that can be chosen from but other factions you simply are the main family.
    New Content Team Director

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • willy1willy1 Senior Member Posts: 635Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    Jack what do you mean, when talking about the other families you say "I have not yet the power to strike them"?
  • Ianux7Ianux7 Junior Member Posts: 15Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    Syracuse taking Carthage..this is interesting! :D
    edited August 2013
    Outcome of the decision you make will not always be the same. I can't remember the exact amount but it was around 1000 to pay off the debt.

Thanks.

Then I suppose I would have done the same... :p
  • Jack Lusted CAJack Lusted CA Creative Assembly Posts: 851CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    edited August 2013
    willy1 wrote: »
    Jack what do you mean, when talking about the other families you say "I have not yet the power to strike them"?

Acting against them costs money, and my income is going towards building up my armies and improving my settlements.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • WWIIIWWIII Member Posts: 41Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    probably because his family isn't much strong among the other families.
    btw. thanks Jack, its look pretty awesome and i have 1 question about symbols above units, i assume that circle is for light units, diamond for medium units and square for heavy units ?
    CPU: I5 2500K 3,3GHz / GPU: GAINWARD Phantom GTX 760 2GB / RAM: 8 Gb 1600 MHz
    Suebi will conquer the world
    edited August 2013
    WWIII wrote: »
    btw. thanks Jack, its look pretty awesome and i have 1 question about symbols above units, i assume that circle is for light unites, diamod for medium units and square for heavy units ?

Yes the shape off the symbol relates to the weight of the unit, relative to other units of that type, so for example African War Elephants would have the meduim icon so Indian Armoured Elephants can have the heavy icon.

• ranknfileranknfile Senior Member Posts: 6,827Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    Could you perhaps expand a bit more on the "Averni joined the Gallic Confederacy" message?
    "Whoever desires is always poor" - Claudian
  • EdrichEdrich Senior Member Posts: 934Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    Yes the shape off the symbol relates to the weight of the unit, relative to other units of that type, so for example African War Elephants would have the meduim icon so Indian Armoured Elephants can have the heavy icon.

Hello Jack, thanks for the update! I'm excited at how politics and diplomacy now have greater roles in the game. The ally-issued missions seem especially awesome.

But now that the elephants have been brought up, are we going to see different models for african and asian elephants? Thanks in advance. :)
    "War is delightful to those who have no experience of it." -Desiderius Erasmus

• SetrusSetrus Senior Member Posts: 15,198Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    ranknfile wrote: »
    Could you perhaps expand a bit more on the "Averni joined the Gallic Confederacy" message?

I'm curious about that too. Did the Arverni get swallowed up by some growing confederacy or did they just manage to get ALL gallic tribes to join them!? :eek:
    Edrich wrote: »
    But now that the elephants have been brought up, are we going to see different models for african and asian elephants? Thanks in advance. :)

*sighs* ;)
  • EdrichEdrich Senior Member Posts: 934Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    Setrus wrote: »

*sighs* ;)

Whaaat? I'm just curious. :D
    "War is delightful to those who have no experience of it." -Desiderius Erasmus

edited August 2013
    Jack, could you tell us a bit more about the functionality of internal politics?
  • moridinmoridin Member Posts: 73Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    You can try and assassinate other family members, or try and get them to join your family or spread rumours about them. Each option costs money, and the amount will depend on the gravitas of the character as gravitas has a big influence on the balance between the families.

As Macedon there is the Antigonid Dynasty and the Other Families. Rome and Carthage have 3 families that can be chosen from but other factions you simply are the main family.

Thanks for the answer Jack! I assume that from what we have been told so far, that all these members (of your family or the other) can be chosen to lead your army and the info about them can be seen from the character screen...

Would really appreciate it if you could get us a screen showing the character traits of one of these members of the other family :) in your next update! Thanks again!!
  • Steephie22Steephie22 Senior Member Posts: 158Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    I'm curious how much money is worth, if that makes sense. Because you keep talking about nice payments, while I only see 200, 500, 600, which sounds like not much to me... How much income do you get? how much do units cost? Does 500 equal like 1500 in Empire or Napoleon for example? What's the upkeep of units? I know it differs per unit, but on average, or an example?

If anyone noticed something I didn't that answers these questions I would appreciate it. If Jack could answer that's even better of course.
  • XI Vanquish IXXI Vanquish IX Senior Member Posts: 281Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    I just wet my pants after reading Jacks recent update...

The politics and diplomacy is just so epic...

More than I could have hoped for
    Tomorrow is nothing, today is too late; the good lived yesterday.
    Marcus Aurelius
    edited August 2013
    Jack, are there governors in provinces? Do you appoint them? Does that affect internal politics?
    edited August 2013
    Steephie22 wrote: »
    I'm curious how much money is worth, if that makes sense. Because you keep talking about nice payments, while I only see 200, 500, 600, which sounds like not much to me... How much income do you get? how much do units cost? Does 500 equal like 1500 in Empire or Napoleon for example? What's the upkeep of units? I know it differs per unit, but on average, or an example?

If anyone noticed something I didn't that answers these questions I would appreciate it. If Jack could answer that's even better of course.

Well...in the last picture where he showed his income, he was getting 1416 each turn...so 600 is pretty good. :)
  • ranknfileranknfile Senior Member Posts: 6,827Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    Jack, are there governors in provinces? Do you appoint them? Does that affect internal politics?

Excellent question!

Jack's splitting his time between forums BTW.
    "Whoever desires is always poor" - Claudian
  • NekoNeko Senior Member Posts: 400Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    Very good update! It, I like it!
    Wait to see another, cannot.

Some wanted cookies, hmm?

Member of the "More female char's in Total War" Faction!

• GloryManGloryMan Member Posts: 55Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    Is the playthrough done Jack? and you are posting about it everyday? or do you play once a week or so to get material for the next 5-6 posts?
  • greenmangreenman Senior Member Posts: 449Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    Can we expect another update later like last time?
    edited August 2013
    ranknfile wrote: »

They joined the Gallic Confederation, so they will have been absorbed by it.
    Jack, could you tell us a bit more about the functionality of internal politics?

All of the information can be seen on the faction screen (which I really need to take a full picture of at some point, won't be for a few updates though as those are already planned). You and the other family (or multiple families for Rome/Carthage) are vying for internal power which is derived from gravitas and leading armies and so on. You can act against the other families and they can act against you. If you get too weak internally, a civil war can kick off later in the game.
    moridin wrote: »
    Thanks for the answer Jack! I assume that from what we have been told so far, that all these members (of your family or the other) can be chosen to lead your army and the info about them can be seen from the character screen../QUOTE]

Yes.

No governors, though Generals can give bonuses to regions depending on their traits/ancillaries.

edited August 2013
    GloryMan wrote: »
    Is the playthrough done Jack? and you are posting about it everyday? or do you play once a week or so to get material for the next 5-6 posts?

Most of the mtaerial for the updates I've already gathered.
    greenman wrote: »
    Can we expect another update later like last time?

One update a day for this week.

edited August 2013
    Steephie22 wrote: »

You start the campaign with 5000 and each turn it appears to win around 1600, in Jack's campaign. And he has recently said that for example to pay the debt you have to pay around 1000. I don't know the cost of units.;)
    edited August 2013
    So there's one other "family" for each faction but Rome and Carthage, who's members can be assigned armies and such? Considering their faction wiki, does this mean the Arverni can have a druid general? :D
    edited August 2013
    Jack what happens if you always choose generals from your family? Are there generals not belonging to a faction?
    All the characters in the game, including agents belong to a family?
    How do you gain power?
    Is it possible to exterminate all the other families?
    Is it possible a family to be destroyed and another to emerge?
    Can you see somehow all the major members of the other families?
    What options do you have for each of a family member?

Sorry for lots of questions, but I am really excited with this game.

Also, awesome diplomatics and foreign policy.

Aaaa, final question: Is Ieron of Syracuse in the game?
  • Steephie22Steephie22 Senior Member Posts: 158Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    Setrus wrote: »
    Well...in the last picture where he showed his income, he was getting 1416 each turn...so 600 is pretty good. :)

Ah, it was hidden in that corner! The only reason I could find it this time was because you linked to the picture and I knew the exact number, I didn't have a clue that was the income (although I had not noticed those number at all)!

Anyway, thanks for clearing that up and linking to the right spot, because I was thinking I was getting a bit crazy...
    edited August 2013
    One more question: Can you choose other than the king family in factions other than Rome, Carthage?