Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

shogun 2 and sli

2»

Comments

• AlJabberwockAlJabberwock Moderator USAPosts: 7,729Moderators, Tech Moderators, Knights
    edited January 2011
    Well I haven't given up, but I can't find it at the moment.

@U8
    I dunno, because the "recommended" amount is 4 gigs, you want double that? LOL
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “Every so often things happen that can’t be rationalized in a conventional way. People wanna know their government has a response. I am that response.”
    ― Kent Mansley (in "Iron Giant")

For most general problems, for which you have no idea of the culprit, your first port of call should be:
    https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-us/categories/200307381-Total-War-Support

If you are aware of a bug or a specific issue for which you know the cause, post in the support section for the specific title on our forums. ~Al

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
  • ViCToRiaViCToRia Banned Posts: 1,297Banned Users
    edited January 2011
    Ragga wrote: »

ps. i too am a bit disturbed to see ppl here who still have no clue about SLI/Crossfire:confused:

Im one of those that never heard about a sli .
    And probably you wouldnt win me in a battlefield on a TW game ,what that have to do how to play a game ?
  • U8mypizza27U8mypizza27 Member Posts: 51Registered Users
    edited January 2011
    were not talking about your ability to play the game well, it's just a pc term that is the combination of two video cards to produce a single picture.
  • U8mypizza27U8mypizza27 Member Posts: 51Registered Users
    edited January 2011
    Well I haven't given up, but I can't find it at the moment.

@U8
    I dunno, because the "recommended" amount is 4 gigs, you want double that? LOL

yea, may be a lil overkill but i think of it is a safe bet for future gaming and the price of the ram i got is nto as expensive but still very good.
  • ViCToRiaViCToRia Banned Posts: 1,297Banned Users
    edited January 2011
    were not talking about your ability to play the game well, it's just a pc term that is the combination of two video cards to produce a single picture.

Of corse not , so why didnt you quoted the thread poster has i did ?
  • AlJabberwockAlJabberwock Moderator USAPosts: 7,729Moderators, Tech Moderators, Knights
    edited January 2011
    Since Ragga had already retracted his word useage later in the thread, and this is a technical thread, please lets keep it on topic guys?
    Thanks! :)

U8, your system is already quite capable as I recall. I will almost never complain about someone adding ram, just keep in mind when you move on to another more modern system, you probably wont be taking that ram with you!

Al
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “Every so often things happen that can’t be rationalized in a conventional way. People wanna know their government has a response. I am that response.”

For most general problems, for which you have no idea of the culprit, your first port of call should be:

If you are aware of a bug or a specific issue for which you know the cause, post in the support section for the specific title on our forums. ~Al

• evotucevotuc Senior Member Posts: 983Registered Users
    edited January 2011
    I also asked this question.

Basically, I was told that GPU companies release profiles for specific games to run Xfire or SLI. This seems so backward to me. Why should one company write this software for every single game out there to run with these configurations? Why don't the developers include this optimization in the code? They only have two major GPU companies to write for. This seems logical to me.
    2% Club
    FX 8350
    Sabertooth 990FX
    8GB 1600 RAM
    AMD 7950
    How much more grievous are the consequences of anger than the causes of it?
    edited January 2011
    Its an odd seperation of powers I'll grant you. It _is_ how its done though. I suppose its because the driver writers are a specialized group and they should know their hardware, APIs, driver architecture and so forth better than anyone else, but it may fundamentally just be a matter of control of information/property. Drivers and the profiles within them remain the intellectual property of the makers afaik. Driver architecture and effectiveness is an important property and part of the total product sold by video card companies. I often write that my NVidia lean in the past has been heavily dependent, and often entirely based, on driver architecture, even though AMD is/was making better actual cards.