Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where is the 2nd patch you were supposed to release today?

Comments

• Chris42899Chris42899 Senior Member Posts: 1,022Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Today? New patch was announced for friday, September 13th.
  • punchline82punchline82 Senior Member Posts: 106Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Indalus wrote: »
    This is copied from an old thread that CA has dismissed as being untrue.

Why would not it be true?
  • Marshall NeyMarshall Ney Senior Member Posts: 261Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Chris42899 wrote: »
    Today? New patch was announced for friday, September 13th.
    Show me a quote. Its supposed to be a 3rd patch with 4 day difference between patches if today the 2nd patch is released
    -DigitalMGB-

GeForce GTX 570

Intel Core i5-2320 CPU @3.00 GHz

4 GB RAM
  • IndalusIndalus Member Posts: 188Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Why would not it be true?

You would have to ask CA, I'm not saying it's definitely true neither can you confirm it's true.

On topic, a beta patch was rumoured to be due today but it could've been delayed. I think if the delay allows them to throw more fixes into the patch then that's fine. It's better than having a patch that doesn't fix noticeable issues or causes bugs like the red skies.
  • ArthurVArthurV Senior Member Posts: 156Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Indalus wrote: »
    On topic, a beta patch was rumoured to be due today but it could've been delayed. I think if the delay allows them to throw more fixes into the patch then that's fine. It's better than having a patch that doesn't fix noticeable issues or causes bugs like the red skies.

this
    RIP TW's experience 2004-2013
  • phillerphiller Senior Member Posts: 284Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    What issues is the new patch supposed to solve? I really hope, they will work really hard on performance issues and optimising it, so there will be true support of quad-core processors and high-end graphics..
    "Heaven cannot brook two suns, nor earth two masters" Alexander the Great
  • Highlander92Highlander92 Member Posts: 54Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    anubis4567 wrote: »
    Evidence points to it being Gearbox's fault actually.

Actually the company who developed and made the game was Time gate studio's. It was marketed by Gearbox and SEGA published it and gave it the go ahead. It is proof that SEGA comes up with ridiculous release windows and equally allows blatant lies about a game for hype purposes. SEGA is a company they want your money and that is all. CA is the one who are taking the **** for this and I believe it isn't even their fault. They have released excellent games in the past, so why is this one a disaster; It is a lack of quality control and care. SEGA calls the shots, not CA. If CA had their way I am honestly sure we would still be waiting for release.
  • KingintheSouthKingintheSouth Senior Member Posts: 143Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Who's talking of official patches? It can even be Alpha I want fixes! :D

NO!!!! Don't say that! The last time we got something in alpha was Sept 3, and look how well that turned out!
    "You wouldn't believe how many times I'm misquoted" Julius Caesar, shortly after defeating the Nazis during the Battle of Waterloo, 1975.
  • Highlander92Highlander92 Member Posts: 54Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    philler wrote: »
    What issues is the new patch supposed to solve? I really hope, they will work really hard on performance issues and optimising it, so there will be true support of quad-core processors and high-end graphics..

That is indeed the intent of this next patch, and by god if there is a BETA for it today I will personally be downloading it as soon as it is made available.
  • IndalusIndalus Member Posts: 188Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    philler wrote: »

I remember reading somewhere that it will try to fix some performance issues and the siege AI. Please don't take my word for it though, as I can't remember clearly where I read that and it might not be reliable. I do hope those fixes are implemented though.
  • Trish CATrish CA Guest Posts: 635Unregistered / Not Logged In
    edited September 2013
    We were intending to put patch 2 into beta today, but it has not passed internal testing yet, so further work is required overnight. More info soon.
  • Rich90Rich90 Senior Member Posts: 172Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    thanks for update Trish
  • Yocheco619Yocheco619 Senior Member Posts: 204Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Trish CA wrote: »
    We were intending to put patch 2 into beta today, but it has not passed internal testing yet, so further work is required overnight. More info soon.

Are there Patch notes by any chance yet?
    A brave man may fall, but he cannot yield

Intel i5-2500K 3.30 GHz
    8 GB Memory
    64 Bit
    GeForce GTX 460

Future Patch Note Wishlist:
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/100179-If-this-were-Patch-4-Notes.-All-is-forgiven
  • Maximus ThraxMaximus Thrax Senior Member Posts: 1,946Registered Users
    edited September 2013

Thanks, one question does it solve or reduce the horrible perfomance?, it's unplayable at the moment :(
    Don't go Ad Hominem
  • KerberosKerberos Member Posts: 41Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Thanks, one question does it solve or reduce the horrible perfomance?, it's unplayable at the moment :(

Let's just wait for the patch notes :)
  • AurelianAurelian Senior Member Posts: 1,634Registered Users
    edited September 2013

Thanks for the update, saves me from staying up all night and waiting lol :D
    Can we get the patch notes sometimes soon? hopefully will fix the horrble perfomance, so i can start playing the game :)
  • CakefishCakefish Senior Member Posts: 183Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Appreciate the update.
    Intel Core i7-4800MQ 2.7-4.0GHz
    8GB Kingston Hyper-X 1600MHz RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4GB
    Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
  • AstroCatAstroCat Senior Member Posts: 368Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for the update, any sneak peak into what will be included in the patch?
    Home/Gaming PC: 2600k@4.2GHz/Asus P8Z68-V Pro/EVGA GTX 980Ti SC/16GB (2 x 8GB) Crucial/P182/(5x)Scythe S-Flex/Corsair 750TX/Asus VE276Q 27"/Samsung SyncMaster 731B 17"/SB X-fi/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/WD 6400AAKS/Lite-On 12X BD-R iHBS212-08/Win7 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3:Pro-TrackClip Pro/Oculus CV1
  • Caesar AugustusCaesar Augustus Member Posts: 82Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    at least gives patch notes today. Please?
  • Haskeer90Haskeer90 Senior Member Posts: 179Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    at least gives patch notes today. Please?

DON'T BE RIDICULOUS THERE ARE NO PATCH NOTES! and at the end of the day if you can't play consider yourself lucky it gets boring after turn 20 since the campaign AI is non existent and the battle AI might aswell be a chimpanzee.
    -Magic boats appear when you move an army into the ocean... MAGIC.... BOATS.... The ability for armies to simply walk across portions of the sea in a single turn completely quashes the intricacy of the Mediterranean theatre.

8 patches later - https://www.dropbox.com/s/04w04cvpbqb4vsj/nice%20ladders.replay
  • NoifNoif Senior Member FinlandPosts: 590Registered Users, Cakes!
    edited September 2013
    Hello,

So i just finished a pretty long Skype chat with a friend of mine from and old mmo who coincidentally now works at SEGA. I'm not going to tell you who he is or what position he holds nor am I going to provide any verification of this claim in the form of progress reports, memos or any other kind of internal documentation as that is illegal.

What I will say to you is that he went into great detail on why Rome was released in the state it was in. The game was not ready and CA knew it was definately not even finished in the gameplay department. They had plans to implement all those missing features that caused the outcry: no family tree, guard mode, auto fire, unit formations. The game was completely rushed out in order to meet that deadline and I can tell you (again no proof of this but feel free to believe me or not) that there was a great deal of friction between the CA team and Sega.

It doesn't excuse the state of the game but at least I understand why the game is pretty much obviously half done. Also on the point of console port, he refused to comment so take that as you will.
    Nice to know, great work SEGA -.-
  • YngveYngve Senior Member Posts: 948Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Well I don't know what to believe with regards to the insider voicing his opinions; but what I do know is that it would have been near-impossible for CA to not know their game turned out to be lack-luster and flawed. They had to release it to earn back their outlay and that's understandable because when push comes to shove this is about business.
    .. and on occasion, I play video games.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/videogamebanana
  • CakefishCakefish Senior Member Posts: 183Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Noif wrote: »
    Nice to know, great work SEGA -.-

Wrong thread mate.
    Intel Core i7-4800MQ 2.7-4.0GHz
    8GB Kingston Hyper-X 1600MHz RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4GB
    Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
  • CafuddledCafuddled Junior Member Posts: 26Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I paid 60$ to a 'Alpha' like product, this is worth 30$ and not 60$ they might as well work all weekend to fix the problems, it's unheard of, it's like you receive a car which can't go above 60 KM/H.

Well actually... when you first buy a car for the first 1000 miles you are actually not able to go over a certain number of revs meaning your speed is restricted, bad analogy there chap :p
  • ChristopherDGillChristopherDGill Senior Member Posts: 163Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Too many cooks spoil the broth.
  • Marshall NeyMarshall Ney Senior Member Posts: 261Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Cafuddled wrote: »
    Well actually... when you first buy a car for the first 1000 miles you are actually not able to go over a certain number of revs meaning your speed is restricted, bad analogy there chap :p
    Not bad analogy because what you say is a fine product that needs little tweaking and fixing, not a serious noticeable problem which bothers you when u drive/play, chap :P
    -DigitalMGB-

GeForce GTX 570

Intel Core i5-2320 CPU @3.00 GHz

4 GB RAM
  • DominicomucciDominicomucci Senior Member Posts: 373Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Its downloading something for me today, is that a patch? About 20 megs as of this second.

No notes anywhere that I can find about it.

I love steam, it just does **** and doesn't give you a clue what the **** is happening lol.
  • TheCrazyHeadGamerTheCrazyHeadGamer Senior Member Posts: 1,036Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    thanks for the update =) we love to hear about you guys !
    TheCrazyHeadGamer have spoken !

My Youtube Channel
  • TroubleshooterTroubleshooter Member Posts: 94Registered Users
    edited September 2013

Overnight work, ouch... good luck on that. :/
  • Vasselite1978Vasselite1978 Member Posts: 31Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Patch installed game 22.8mb now running version 6910454248 on steam.