Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Introductions

Comments

• DarkSideHomeDarkSideHome Senior Member Posts: 1,549Registered Users
    edited September 2013
  • Half_Life_ExpertHalf_Life_Expert Senior Member Oak Park, CA , USAPosts: 4,686Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Welcome aboard Alex
    "we have officially entered into pre-whinning about our games."- Cogre

I will always respect differing opinions on here, so long as they are presented maturely and in a civil manner

"No Battleplan ever survives contact with the enemy"- Helmuth Von Moltke the Elder

The WWI Thread: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/30914/why-a-world-war-i-themed-total-war/p1

I'm skipping TW: Warhammer
  • Phornsathip ChulawinsakanPhornsathip Chulawinsakan Junior Member Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Hello, I am glad to be joining this bulging new place greetings.
    Sorry if my English is not standard. I used the help of a translator to write this. ^_^

Khrap~
  • ssk1777ssk1777 Junior Member Posts: 4Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Hello my name is Steve i am new. I am a huge fan of the Total war series especially Empire Total war. I am 16 years old and i look forward to posting on this forum.
    The time for war has not yet come, but it will come, and that soon; and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard. - General Stonewall Jackson
  • Hidden GunmanHidden Gunman Moderator Posts: 4,606Moderators
    edited November 2013
    Welcome aboard all...

Play nicely and don't feed the moderators :)
    Yes, it's me.

Gungho |Takeda| Yamagato Masakage

You have spoken with clarity of thought and rhetorical flourish...you have surely earned the favour of the mods.

If you didn't, click here...
  • SouthpawOZPSouthpawOZP Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited August 2014
    Hello all, I'm not new to the Total War series, in fact, I've been playing since the first Rome, but I am new to this board and to Rome 2. Just wanted to say hello!
  • ErminazErminaz Senior Member Las Vegas, Nevada, USAPosts: 5,559Registered Users
    edited August 2014
    Hello all, I'm not new to the Total War series, in fact, I've been playing since the first Rome, but I am new to this board and to Rome 2. Just wanted to say hello!

Welcome to the madhouse.
    Tacitus Quotes:
    Auferre, trucidare, rapere, falsis nominibus imperium; atque, ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.
    They plunder, they slaughter, and they steal: this they falsely name Empire, and where they make a wasteland, they call it peace.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.
    The more numerous the laws, the more corrupt the government.

I found Rome a city of filth covered marble and left it a pile of rubble. - Me
  • FrakkrFrakkr Junior Member Posts: 4Registered Users
    edited September 2014
    Hello everybody, IzzyStradlin (CraigTW's sock account) bullied me into joining this board so here I am. :)

I discovered the Total War games on a charming night of autumn 2006. The Total War: Eras pack being the first bundle I got.
    Alas, Frakkr never managed to play Medieval I or Shogun I's campaigns as they constantly kept crashing once loaded. My all time favvy was Barbarian Invasions, soon followed by Medieval II which I got a couple of weeks later. Good old days.

I miss my Frankish pet bird so bad, can't we upload custom avatars in here? :(
  • JMRamos94JMRamos94 Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited December 2014
    JM Ramos here from the Philippines, just came back using a new user name and account. I'll try my best to play the Total War series again!
  • vaptinvaptin Senior Member Posts: 752Registered Users
    edited December 2014
  • FirnFirn Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited June 2015
    Hi guys, I'm Firn, I'm Polish and I love Total War series :) Especially antique-medieval parts of the TW legacy. I own and mostly play Rome II, can't wait for Warhammer and looking forward to read a lot of interesting posts on this forum. Cheers :)
  • Hidden GunmanHidden Gunman Moderator Posts: 4,606Moderators
    edited June 2015
    Welcome aboard all...
    Yes, it's me.

Gungho |Takeda| Yamagato Masakage

You have spoken with clarity of thought and rhetorical flourish...you have surely earned the favour of the mods.

If you didn't, click here...
  • astrospudastrospud Junior Member Posts: 69Registered Users
    edited August 2015
    Hello TW fanatics! My name is Marc and I hail from South Australia.
    After about 15-16 years of solid gaming across all genre's, I still come back to RTS and Total War has got me hooked.
    I have Rome 2 and all DLC, Shogun 2 w/ Fall, Napoleon w/ all DLC and Attila with all but the Last Roman DLC (on the wishlist).
    ATM, I'm playing Napoleon, playing through the Egypt campaign and Attila playing as the Gaets.

I'm a member of The Older Gamers (TOG) gaming community, but for some reason there isn't much love for Total War.
    Hopefully I can get some casual MP games, and learn more refined methods of war from the expert players.

Cheers.
  • CogreCogre Senior Member Posts: 2,170Registered Users
    edited August 2015
    welcome aboard man, its weird that tog would not much like the tw series. i find it hits all the right tingly spots for this older gamer, to steal a phrase from toxic seagull in the horrible paraphase form i have used.

i love this series of games
    KRYTEN: I'm some kind of robot who's fighting this virus, and none of
    this exists, it's all in a fever, except for you guys, who really do
    exist, only you're not really here, you're really on some space ship in
    the future. Hell, if that's got to make sense I don't want to be
    sober!
  • astrospudastrospud Junior Member Posts: 69Registered Users
    edited August 2015
    Cogre wrote: »
    welcome aboard man, its weird that tog would not much like the tw series. i find it hits all the right tingly spots for this older gamer, to steal a phrase from toxic seagull in the horrible paraphase form i have used.

i love this series of games

Hehe, tingly spots! Thanks for the warm welcome.
    I agree, many TOGgers have said they have TW titles in their Steam libraries, but from what I have recently gauged, not many active players. I seem to have an affinity for the age of gunpowder, I'm loving Napoleon. Attila is a more challenging title and I have a lot to learn in terms of unit ability.
  • GoncharGonchar Junior Member Posts: 6Registered Users
    edited October 2015
    Hello all! My name Alex. Thank for this great game and for all Total War series.
  • TheSangheiliGeekTheSangheiliGeek Junior Member Posts: 7Registered Users
    edited December 2015
    Hello, I'm TheSangheiliGeek.

I just purchased the Total War Master Collection off of Steam on a buddy's PC. Though, I've never played a Total War game before.
    I'm starting with Medieval II, and so far I'm quite enjoying myself.

A bit late, but hey, why not?
  • Lieutenant MogLieutenant Mog Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited December 2015
    I Finally decided to join the forums for total war after many many years of playing.
    My PC knowledge is very limited and my hardware is poor at Best But I still play the total war my PC
    Can manage which is currently medieval 2 :total war. So hello everyone! I'm happy to be here
    An empire is built on a mountain of death
  • modder_carl_wilsonmodder_carl_wilson Posts: 14Registered Users
    Hello! I am Carl Wilson!

I joined some Total War forums to try and recruit a team to help me make an epic World War II mod for Empire Total War, but haven't had much luck in the last two days. I am 15 years old, but have a brain that works faster than some computers, and have helped multiple online sites become better through my suggestions. I am hoping to make a lasting impression here in this forum, and someday have me and my future team by recognized as the first modders to make a Fighter Plane in a mod. I also wish to be the first to make a World War II mod that was finished.

I am an Irish Dancer when I am not doing school or trying to make a new game up, and enjoy history a lot. I sometimes play an online game called Tanki, and enjoy anything that includes strategy a lot. When I grow up and get a job, I want to be a programmer, American Football QB, or professional Irish Dancer.

My favorite Total War titles are Empire and Medieval, but the best part of Empire Total War is the Brothers vs. Brothers mod, I do hope, however, to make a great World War II mod for it. I have a couple favorite mods for Medieval II: Total War including Third Age and Deus Lo Vult. I also own the Rome: Total War Gold Edition, and have Troy: Total War and Atlantis Expansion for it.

I look forward to meeting all of you, and hope to enjoy a long stay here in the Total War community. I will continue to draw up plans for the World War II mod, and wait for modders to start to turn their gaze upon my plans, till then, I'm going to study how to mod, and do my school. See you!
  • RIPDREAMSRIPDREAMS Posts: 9Registered Users
    Hullu community.
    Me new here! Me english bit small pls no make fun of me (:
  • PotatoPowerTripPotatoPowerTrip Potato CityPosts: 2Registered Users
    Once upon a time there was a potato. gaining superpowers. It decided to erase all humanity and to take over the world. Suddenly it discovered the pinacle of human achievement: video games. Nowadays, the potato spends its time playing games. Humanity is safe. For now.

I have been a huge fan of the TW games since the original rome and have just recently started making a Let's play of Rome 2 and i hope to fine people to share it with here :)
  • EdhwenEdhwen Posts: 188Registered Users
    Hello I'm Edhwen. I'm 29 years old and I am from Italy.

My first total war was Rome (for the memories it's my favorite). Since then I bought every game!
  • Cortes31Cortes31 Posts: 726Registered Users
    Greetings from Germany and I am Sebastian.

Started with Medieval2 and got Kingdoms and Rome later on.
    Very much later Rome 2 and now Warhammer!

"In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No faction shall escape my sight.
    Let those who think deniers are right
    Beware my power--Faction Lantern's light!"

Everythime a faction/race is excluded from the trilogy, these games become smaller. RIP Araby and others.
  • warensemblewarensemble Posts: 2Registered Users
    Hello my name is Charles i am new. I am a huge fan of the Total war series especially Empire Total war... look forward to posting on this forum.
  • ShawnBanhShawnBanh Posts: 2Registered Users
    Hello Everyone!!
    My name is Shawn and I have recently joined this forum and looking forward to it.
  • StarlightDancerStarlightDancer Posts: 6Registered Users
    Should I post here or are introductions just plain dead?
    Mediocre writer and artist
    WH status: Main Dwarves, have no idea how to fight wood elves as Carcassonne.
    NTW status: Austrian Main, pretty good against AI, play heavy customs (muskets have reduced effectiveness at sniping range, artillery are now an actual threat).
    M2TW status: Claimed almost all of France in short campaign as France. As Long England bending around Catholic regions and stealing rebel space.
  • dchev65dchev65 Posts: 1Registered Users

Hello my name is Charles i am new. I am a huge fan of the Total war series especially Empire Total war... look forward to posting on this forum.

Hey Charles I was wondering if Empire is worth the buy now. It looks great but I've seen many bad reviews. Is the quality that bad? Should I go for different title instead?
  • TheGreatPamphletTheGreatPamphlet Posts: 165Registered Users
    Vanilla is totally broken. You can download a couple of mods, though, like Darthmod or Imperial Destroyer/Splendour.
    Nestor.

Allah, Suriya, Bashar w Bas!
  • PalaGeorgePalaGeorge Posts: 2Registered Users
    Hey my name is george.
    if you want to play medieval 2 then message me
    I have both Attila and med2
  • ObsidiusObsidius Posts: 27Registered Users
    The name is Obsidius, been a board lurker since TWW2 casually interested. I decided to make an account here since my favorite Warhammr faction (chaos daemons) will be in TWW3 eventually.