Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Is the startup issue going to be fixed in a patch?

SasquatchiusSasquatchius Junior MemberPosts: 17Registered Users
edited September 2013 in The Graveyard
We all know what I'm talking about, the one that wont let you start the game, I just want to know if it's on the radar to be fixed in a patch.
Post edited by Sasquatchius on

Comments

• Griffinator CAGriffinator CA Creative Assembly Posts: 506CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    edited September 2013
    please check your previous.

Griff
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • ali F.ali F. Junior Member Posts: 8Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    please check your previous.

Hi Griff,

could you please elaborate on this? Since I am (apparently) facing the same problem I have scanned all the threads regarding this issue. The only answers of you - if I remember correctly - were dealing with "please update your drivers" and "please delete the files in appdata...". And no more replies to the users' replies that this did not help at all.

So, as far as I can see there are several people with the same symptom I am facing, that whenever I press the red Play button in this additional (to Steam) Total War launcher the game crashes right away, with writing a core dump file into its folder right next to the executable. Named like eg rome2_7018_crash_2013_9_18T17_28_37C0.mdmp.

Is there anyone working on that? Are you able to reproduce it? Are you even considering it? Is there an interest to look into these core dumps? Unfortunately I cannot attach such a file, your uploader tells me "invalid file format".

What else can these users like me trying to do to get that game finally starting?

Best regards,
    Ali
  • AlJabberwockAlJabberwock Moderator USAPosts: 7,729Moderators, Tech Moderators, Knights
    edited September 2013
    Please do not spam the forum with repetitive threads on the same subject, it makes it very difficult to know where an answer has been provided. CLOSED
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “Every so often things happen that can’t be rationalized in a conventional way. People wanna know their government has a response. I am that response.”
    ― Kent Mansley (in "Iron Giant")

For most general problems, for which you have no idea of the culprit, your first port of call should be:
    https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-us/categories/200307381-Total-War-Support

If you are aware of a bug or a specific issue for which you know the cause, post in the support section for the specific title on our forums. ~Al

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
This discussion has been closed.